Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Build 99 Lowrider FXDL

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 09:32 AM
tcarson84
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ordered some new parts will post pictures when they get here. LED blinkers, Big Sucker air cleaner, laydown license plate bracket, low profile tail light (its clear but its the lowest profile one i could find from inside the states for a decent price i think i might tape off the lighting areas and use spray tint on the rest of it as i enjoy doing that kinda stuff), Also ordered brackets for high way pegs and somebody off of here helped me out with the peg supports, thanks again.

Got all that for 146.00 off ebay. The big sucker air cleaner is new but generic will see what kinda quality it is when it gets here, looks just like arlen ness stage 1 big sucker and says in add that when time to replace filter you can use the one from ness big sucker. Still have to get a cover for the air cleaner thinking about just picking up one at the harley dealership from what ive read the willie g covers and other similar ones work.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:45 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

Here are pictures of the new parts, I like them all except the blinkers, They are too small which i never thought i would say, But i'm gonna run them til i get something else. They only cost me 10 or 11 dollars, im sure they are junk but gotta be better than those huge things that are on there. Not sure if i should put them on yet tho as i gotta take that Motorcycle safety course in May and not sure if the instructor will check to make sure that stuff is DOT approved. I like the joker mini square one's will prob order those later. Anyways here's the pics, not on bike yet, i gotta pick it up tomm they called today and said it was fixed, guess it was regulator. I hope its really fixed guess will see tomm.

Drag specialties lay down license plate bracket

low profile tail light, clear for now might try to spray tint it or may leave it alone.

here's the blinkers the pic does not do well showing how small they really are.

Air cleaner supposed to be here tomm
Also forgot to put up pictures of high way peg supports will put them up after i get some pegs hopefully tomm.

Last edited by tcarson84; 03-21-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:08 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 907 Likes on 587 Posts

hey T, what happen to the rear turns that were on it where you needed new ones?

Old 03-21-2016, 05:12 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

They still work fine they are just really big and ugly probably my least favorite part on the bike here is a picture(this is before i changed seat and bars

Old 03-21-2016, 05:15 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

should have just ordered the kuryakan mini bullets or joker machine ones, but i was being cheap thought the one i bought might look alright for now. The other ones are around 100 dollars, I was gonna go with the integated tail light ones but im afraid they won't pass inspection here as we have to get inspected every year

Old 03-21-2016, 05:19 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

not to bad man, I think that bike looks pretty good. Good luck with the mods, where are you going to mount the lights? Cut, splice and solder.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:22 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

Going to mount them on the struts, going to try and depin and reuse the connectors, If i can't i got some of the quick connectors, when i get a better set of blinkers that I'm gonna keep on the bike i will solder them if need be but hopefully can repin the the connectors

Thanks by the way for saying the bike looks good. I'm going back and forth with liking it or not, There is so much i wanna do to it but then i think that if i just saved that money and rode this til next summer i could buy a new bike, SO not sure. It's hard to like a bike thats' been in the shop half the time I've had it.(but only had it 20 days and really couldn't have rode much anyways) Hopefully i can get some miles on it this week. I get my ankle bracelet off tomm, I was locked up 4 years then had this for 6 months, So im ready for some time in the wind.

Last edited by tcarson84; 03-21-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:36 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

like I mentioned before T, take your time bro and ride it a season, you'll come to know exactly what you want to do to it.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:12 AM
tcarson84
Tourer

Got the bike back yesterday, they didn't charge me anything. It was regulator. Got in about 100 miles. Everything seems good. Didn't get any parts installed I figured out my safety course is April 9 not May so I will prob wait til after that to install the parts. Plus between work and riding I dont have much time. I did get my air cleaner yesterday it seems good quality will post some pictures later.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:46 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

Got my highway pegs on and a small tool bag. got about 350 miles in this week. Also put on new tail light.

I followed the directions from the harley website where they sell these. In the diagram this is the way the bracket is, but i thought i saw it flipped the other way in a pic of some one else's bike. Does this look right?

Still rocking the big orange turn signals for now and haven't got the license plate bracket on yet either. I saw some turn signals at a local store that i think i might get.

Also noticing a small hesitation, doesn't happen all the time usually on really curvy more low speed roads when accelerating out of turns. Also happens more when bike is cold but recently started happening some even when not cold. You think this would be spark plugs?

Quick Reply: Budget Build 99 Lowrider FXDL