Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 lowrider is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 08:36 AM
tcarson84
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its a local victory dealer, so i'm hoping there is some play in the price. I wanna see if i can get out the door for 4500, hopefully its in good shape going to look at it in a few mins. I have seen newer bikes in the 8K range i guess I am being impatient I want something soon and figure if i don't pour a ton of money into i can prob get most of it back if i decide to get something different later.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Helmsy67
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I see you're in WV. I'm in southern Ohio and I've seen much newer bikes with low miles go for not much more than 5,000 around here on Craigslist. Just a thought if you want to keep looking. Looks like a nice LR though!

Old 02-27-2016, 09:49 AM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,014 Likes on 656 Posts

I'd say if you like the bike and it fits you well, buy it. If not, keep looking. Every time I buy a bike or truck I know when I sit in the seat and test drive it if I want it or not. $5k isn't a bad price for those miles.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:02 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,400 Likes on 2,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmsy67
I see you're in WV. I'm in southern Ohio and I've seen much newer bikes with low miles go for not much more than 5,000 around here on Craigslist. Just a thought if you want to keep looking. Looks like a nice LR though!
How bout a link?

Only thing I see low priced are Sportsters.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/sea...max_price=7000

Old 02-27-2016, 10:37 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
I believe that the prices you are quoting figure that the bike would have 80,000 miles or more on them. This bike is low mileage.
low miles on that year can also point to a bike that has been sitting up and not being ridden for increasingly longer periods of time. A lot of folks will ride several thousand miles the first year or two and then the newness wears off and the bike sits in limbo for longer and longer periods. Regardless of how it is maintained that is not a good thing and that is why I don't consider that low mileage on that old of a popular and common model a motivating factor...for me, that is a deal maker or breaker with all else equal, but nothing more. 17,000 miles on a 17 year-old bike priced above NADA high side when there are plenty of potentially better deals close by is not equal, IMO. I hate that feeling when I realize that I could have and should have held out and made a better deal, especially if I waffled over it before committing as the OP is doing.

However, having said that, I agree with a previous comment about when you know, then you know, or quoting the late great Yogi, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." If you think this is the bike for you and you are agreeable with the price, then it is a good deal for you. Anything is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

Good luck and happy riding!

Old 02-27-2016, 01:29 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tcarson84
I am still looking to buy a bike and not sure i wanna go in to debt any more than i have too. I figure if i buy an older bike that will leave more money for customizing it. I found a 99 harley lowrider with 14,000 miles for 5,000. This will be my first harley(not first bike) but what i wanna know is do you think this is a good deal or should i keep looking? Also have heard some bad things about the twin cam 88 do you think that would an issue?

Get cash and walk in and tell them that is all you will pay. Throw the envelope on the desk, they will probably take it. I got this 03 egc with 32k and spotless for 5k

Old 02-27-2016, 01:39 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

Well i went to look at the bike today. Bike looks great, sounds good. I dont have enough cash to buy it out right and i need to finance about 3000 dollars didnt think it would be a problem but it seems like no one wants to finance a bike that old. Not sure what to do I could ask my boss for personal loan but i don't really feel right doing that. Might just have to wait.

Bike looks much better in person and has new tires.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:31 PM
tcarson84
Tourer

Well looks like I am going to buy it decided to just get a personal loan for the bike have a good cosigner if i need it. Going to the credit union Monday so hopefully will be able to pick up bike next week. Will post picture then and want to start a low budget build post to show what can be done for those of us on a budget. First up gotta change those bars. Then get get an exhaust and air cleaner. Paint looked really good a lot better than in the pictures(so will leave that alone for now) If any of you guys have any used parts that will fit hit me up and let know. Looking for blinkers as well as items stated above.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:07 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,311 Likes on 1,860 Posts

It looks good...

You got it before previous owner(s) F'd it up

From the photo, only things not original that I notice...Crash bar, Rear Signal Relocation, Pull-back risers(but with Orig Buckhorn bars), and those High-Dollar Fancy Mirrors.

The Low Rider offers some upgrades that I like...Dual discs, Black motor with chrome, black contrasted "Mags" vs. FXD's wheels and motor, Tachometer, etc...

...Looking for blinkers as well as items stated above.
I have a similar 1996 version in my stable and changed the "blinkers" first thing myself

Enjoy!

Old 02-28-2016, 09:40 AM
Helmsy67
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
How bout a link?

Only thing I see low priced are Sportsters.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/sea...max_price=7000
Sure. There's a few pretty good priced Bobs in this link

http://chillicothe.craigslist.org/se...y=street%20bob

Quick Reply: 99 lowrider is it worth it?