Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIDEMYBIKEMIKE'S 2008 Bob to Bagger build FLDYNA

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016 | 10:14 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

When it came to tunes, a CD head unit is to heavy and skips to much causing damage to CD's. I found a head unit that is a media player, it plays Pandora, local radio, BT in, has a USB input and allows the addition of a SirriusXM module to play thru it. It weights about a quarter of a CD playing unit and only needs about a quarter inch of space beyond the retainer cage, radio is maybe 2.5-3" deep. It has output for amps to. Best of all, it was only $100 at Best Buy.

Here is a link to it. (I think, Kenwood make two, one has HD, the other doesn't)
http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/receiver/kmm-bt315u/

Old 04-23-2016 | 05:11 PM
ridemybikeMike
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Calavera*
Bikes coming along great, and plan to a similar build to an 08 streetbob I haven't bought yet, I'm in between bikes now having let go my sporty! Looks like you got his/hers YZ's, Where do u ride in IL on dirt and not have the cops bust u?! I got tired of catching heat from them or loading up on trailers to ride at the dunes or the badlands. so I sold my CR to buy a sporty so I can just hop on and go! But I've outgrown it and sold it to buy a dyna, and do something similar. Do you plan to do anything with the rear fender at all or the bags, like stretch em? Do you know if the fatbob trees you bought have any add'll rake in them? I thought the wideglide trees had around 2deg in them, but not 100% sure about the fatbob trees.

Hey thanks, yea dyna is hood bike to ride hard and make yours. The dirtbikes are a yz250f for me and the ladys is actually at ttr 125 small wheel.

No plans to stretch bags as I'd be wrecking them daily , want to keep it capable of riding hard.

Other member have answered your triple questions.

Old 04-23-2016 | 05:13 PM
ridemybikeMike
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by blueangel73
When it came to tunes, a CD head unit is to heavy and skips to much causing damage to CD's. I found a head unit that is a media player, it plays Pandora, local radio, BT in, has a USB input and allows the addition of a SirriusXM module to play thru it. It weights about a quarter of a CD playing unit and only needs about a quarter inch of space beyond the retainer cage, radio is maybe 2.5-3" deep. It has output for amps to. Best of all, it was only $100 at Best Buy.

Here is a link to it. (I think, Kenwood make two, one has HD, the other doesn't)
http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/receiver/kmm-bt315u/

Yes I was lookin at that keyword wasn't sure if it was enough power for the alpine type r'S. I do like the setup as I'd rather not run a head unit at all. Like the little remote tho so I can leave my phone tucked away

Old 04-23-2016 | 05:14 PM
ridemybikeMike
|
Advanced

Kenwood*

Old 04-23-2016 | 05:16 PM
ridemybikeMike
|
Advanced

Kenwood *

Outer faring and front fender are at paint.should have bike back together by next weekend. Gunna ride it as is until I can find a good deal on a blk fat bob rear wheel. Been itchin like a crackhead to get out and beat this thing up lol

Old 04-24-2016 | 08:06 AM
LowRyd3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by perki48
They are actually OK if what you are looking for is the ride and handling of a 55 Caddy with worn out shocks.
Sorry to quote page 3 but that's why I love the air shocks on my FXDL.
I ran zero air in it & never had a problem (until I put a wider tire on)
Now I have to run 40 lbs in them to save my turn signal wires but I lost that 55 Caddy feel (lol) but it still rides better than stock.

Back on topic: I think your project is turning out great. Definitely did more than I would ever do. I should go back to checking craigslist for deals

The following users liked this post:
ridemybikeMike (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016 | 01:18 PM
ridemybikeMike
|
Advanced

Fairing and fender back from paint, should have inner back from a buddy who decided to lend a hand with the finish work on it tomorrow. Totally stoked to get it back together. Sneek peek

Old 04-28-2016 | 09:49 PM
Wideglide_Steve
Cruiser

Looks good man. Keep up the good work

The following users liked this post:
ridemybikeMike (04-29-2016)
Old 04-29-2016 | 09:59 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Looking freaking sweet!

Old 04-29-2016 | 06:02 PM
ridemybikeMike
|
Advanced

Thanks guys I appreciate the positive comments, inner fairing is almost done, couple more hours of detail work b4 final paint. Got it mocked up to make sure everything still lines up.

Quick Reply: RIDEMYBIKEMIKE'S 2008 Bob to Bagger build FLDYNA