Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback On Saddlemen Explorer Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 07:35 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,701 Likes on 810 Posts
Default Feedback On Saddlemen Explorer Seat

I'm considering the Saddlemen Explorer Seat with driver backrest. (Either G-Tech, Ultimate or Special). If you have any experience with these Saddlemen seats please give some feedback related to the following:

- Comfort over the long haul
- Riding position compared to stock (more forward, backward, higher, lower)
- Fitment on bike
-Overall opinion

It's a big investment and I hope to make the correct decision the first time.

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

Old 02-19-2016, 07:58 AM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just installed the Saddleman solo on my Dyna. I also got the passenger pad but did not install that yet. So it's been faking cold in Jersey and now I got the flu, so I've only been able to sit in the damn thing. I got this because I had the Saddlman explorer G on my recently sold Street Glide. Rode it on an 1800 mile trip to the Tail, and loved it. I figures it will be just as good on my Dyna. It sits me , i'm gonna guess, an inch higher than stock seat. I think
also that its not a very big seat. That was actually one of my first impressions. I'm 5'10 and 165Lbs, so i'm fine on it, but I would wonder if a big guy would like it . I'll try to get a picture of it on the bike in the next day or so and post it.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,701 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by shekmark
I just installed the Saddleman solo on my Dyna. I also got the passenger pad but did not install that yet. So it's been faking cold in Jersey and now I got the flu, so I've only been able to sit in the damn thing. I got this because I had the Saddlman explorer G on my recently sold Street Glide. Rode it on an 1800 mile trip to the Tail, and loved it. I figures it will be just as good on my Dyna. It sits me , i'm gonna guess, an inch higher than stock seat. I think
also that its not a very big seat. That was actually one of my first impressions. I'm 5'10 and 165Lbs, so i'm fine on it, but I would wonder if a big guy would like it . I'll try to get a picture of it on the bike in the next day or so and post it.
Is there a reason you didn't go with the Explorer G on your new ride? That is the seat I am looking at...

Old 02-19-2016, 09:47 AM
shekmark
Road Master

Oh ****...sorry I got the Dominater seat because they didn't make the explorer in a solo. Recovering from flu...mind is off. They spec out as the same width though.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:07 AM
shekmark
Road Master

Width says 11.5 inches. I think Mustangs says 13.5. Big difference maybe if you have a big butt. I had a Corbin classic solo on my SG that I put many thousands of miles on. It was 15 inches wide. Corbin solo for dyna is only 12 wide. You would think these manufacturers would take all sizes into consideration when designing.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:50 PM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

No experience with those models, but my Explorer Road Sofa is the most comfortable seat I've had. It's much better than the Sundowner, although some don't like the appearance of the RS, (with buttons down the center.)

Reading the Saddlemen notes on my seat, it read that it was meant to have the same stance as the stock seat. That is true with the RS; same height and distance as stock. However, the way the seat is constructed where the back meets the bottom helps me sit more upright. (back, neck, wrist, shoulder problems.) (>}

I had considered a backrest before I got the RS, but don't feel like I have to have one now. Although, I can see where a backrest would be nice, sometimes.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:56 PM
Bobby12012
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I also have the explorer RS
It does sit about stock height but I feel it moves me forward 1/2 inch or so ... Super comfortable seat! Fits perfect !
Wife likes it a lot as well

Last edited by Bobby12012; 02-20-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:04 AM
HarleyBob52
Road Warrior
Received 704 Likes on 313 Posts

I have the explorer,,, great seat for rider and passenger comfort,,, may sit you back just a little from stock, not very much though. It is a firmer seat compared to stock and a mustang,which I had before.. But the GF did not like the riding position of the mustang.