Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Steel 2>1 exhaust recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 08:52 PM
OldManLeadSled
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I popped on a mirror finish, stainless Thrashin' Supply pipe over Labor Day. Just got it buttoned up this evening. Will get a picture up when I get the rest of the bike back together enough to get it outside.

Is there any heat/cool sequence a guy ought to do with a new pipe like that? I let it idle for about 7 minutes and the headpipes already began turning golden.

Or do you just turn the key, grip it, and rip it and don't worry about any heat cycles?

Old 12-21-2018, 08:28 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by OldManLeadSled
I popped on a mirror finish, stainless Thrashin' Supply pipe over Labor Day. Just got it buttoned up this evening. Will get a picture up when I get the rest of the bike back together enough to get it outside.

Is there any heat/cool sequence a guy ought to do with a new pipe like that? I let it idle for about 7 minutes and the headpipes already began turning golden.

Or do you just turn the key, grip it, and rip it and don't worry about any heat cycles?
hust the usual make sure there are no fingerprints on the pipe during heat cycle. The gold is normal it will usually be darker at the heads because of the heat but you can always polish it to like new condition

Old 12-21-2018, 11:28 AM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Tried different pipes. Now going w/ D&D Fatcat for max performance. it's growing on me.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master

Damn almost as many pipes as me lol. Had a fatcat didn’t care too much for the length as it will hit the lower shock bolt if running 13.5 in shocks. How were the royal t and sawicki?

Old 12-21-2018, 12:11 PM
610Low
Tourer
Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

Got the TBR Get 2.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:14 PM
izhd
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92
Damn almost as many pipes as me lol. Had a fatcat didn’t care too much for the length as it will hit the lower shock bolt if running 13.5 in shocks. How were the royal t and sawicki?
I also have red thunder

I wanted to like Royal T, very well designed and made pipe, but it was just too short - was blowing my ear out. Plus didn't work that great with my old build.
I liked Sawicki - sounded like thunderheader, pulled hard on 96" but couldn't make it clear pegs mounts, so it had to go
FatCat did clear my 13.5 after bending bracket a bit, love the sound but hate the weight

Old 12-21-2018, 01:20 PM
izhd
Road Master

Looking back I'd probably just stick with TH on stock 96i w/ cams. Maybe would go chrome - black coating is shitty. and upgraded bracket. need to give a try to red thunder I have in box - allegedly it fixes all problems with old feel & sound

Old 12-21-2018, 01:39 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master

Originally Posted by izhd
Looking back I'd probably just stick with TH on stock 96i w/ cams. Maybe would go chrome - black coating is shitty. and upgraded bracket. need to give a try to red thunder I have in box - allegedly it fixes all problems with old feel & sound
I’ve heard everything is right besides the sound. One guy sold his on here and went back to his thunderheader as it just wasn’t that thunderheader sound. I’m currently running Andrews 48h on a 96 With a rr3 that’s about as loud as I can tolerate and it’s not the loudest out there lol

Old 12-21-2018, 01:53 PM
iaminsider
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92

I’ve heard everything is right besides the sound. One guy sold his on here and went back to his thunderheader as it just wasn’t that thunderheader sound. I’m currently running Andrews 48h on a 96 With a rr3 that’s about as loud as I can tolerate and it’s not the loudest out there lol
I am running the same set up (96'', 48H and RR3). I didn't realize how loud it really was until I did a short ride without a helmet on (I typically ride with a FF helmet). Definitely loud enough!

Old 12-21-2018, 01:57 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master

Originally Posted by iaminsider
I am running the same set up (96'', 48H and RR3). I didn't realize how loud it really was until I did a short ride without a helmet on (I typically ride with a FF helmet). Definitely loud enough!

yea without my ff it’s sounds loud and mean love it but I always keep earplugs in my bags for longer trips.

Quick Reply: Stainless Steel 2>1 exhaust recommendations?