Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer beware My totaled bike on Craigslist for sale wow

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016 | 08:50 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I don't see how laying it down and having it flip over while it is sliding would necessarily damage the frame...seems more unlikely than likely to me...

I have done this twice on two different bikes and neither suffered major damage, just scrapes and rash here and there and lights banged up. It cost me less than $200 to fix my SG when it flipped like this, mostly for the damaged pegs, grips, and banged-up rear turn signals...it tracks true and rides great.

Progressive wanted to total my son's low-mile 2004 FXDLI after he lost it on a curve and went into the grass...Their offer was fair and would have cleared his note, but was below value and I didn't believe it was totaled and could be repaired cheaper than replaced. At my prompting, he told them he wanted to purchase the salvage rights after the settlement but they quickly changed tunes and wanted to pay for repairs instead, and he got more than enough to get a new tank, have the fenders painted to match, get the frame checked and put it all back together the way he wanted with some extra goodies.

My nephew's son also laid down his Super Glide doing mostly the same exact cosmetic damage that my son's LR had and his insurance totaled it also...I told him to try to get salvage rights but they played phone tag with him and then had it sold before he could even find out where it was...makes me wonder if all of this is on the up-and-up or is it some kind of insurance scam to check the frame damaged box on a repairable bike sell it cheap and get a kickback...