Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle vs. Deer

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Silverbiker
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle vs. Deer

Motorcycle vs. Deer May 11, 2007 2130 hours
After an early evening JR high school play with one of the kids I ask the wife if she wants to go to Kelly’s for a beer. She wants to take the cage tonight but I convince her that it’s too nice out and we end up taking the bikes.

We see good friends and have a couple of beers in 2 hours and get ready to leave. There’s a couple that leave before us and we warn them about the deer on the old Mt. road because they had never been there before.

The wife and I go out and start the bikes and I tell her to take it easy because of the unusual amount of deer we have been seeing lately. An uneventful ride from Kelly’s to the entrance of Highway 84 and we see no deer. Normally if we see any it is in that stretch of road, but not tonight. On the highway she keeps it down to 65 mph and things go well. About 4 miles up the road it happens. The wife is riding in front of me and we both see this deer in the median of the highway and it’s starting to move on to the highway. We both hit the brakes and I start to slide and I am about 30 feet behind her, to her right and both of us are in the right lane. I release the brakes, recover and see her hit the deer straight on at about 60 mph. The deer bounces off the front of her bike and she then runs it over. About this time there’s motorcycle parts all over the place in front of me and I can’t believe my eyes because she is still upright. It’s a good thing that there is no traffic in the left lane because now she is in the left lane moving toward the center of the highway, she hits the loose gravel and goes down. I am now in the process of getting to her and I hear her screaming “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS – I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS, I LOVED THAT BIKE”. At this point I know that she is still alive and pissed. I get to her and start first aid and while feeling in the dark for anything broken…..nothing. Not even pain. Now I feel something wet and I am getting worried. In the dark I hold my hand close to my face and all I can smell is DEER **** and it’s everywhere.

About 5 cars stop and they can’t believe she is alive. Police and medics get there and they can’t believe she is alive. They take her to the hospital and I can hear her in the ambulance before they leave saying “Don’t you dare cut that new jacket. I just paid over $400.00 for it.” I finally get to the hospital and see her clothes, the jacket is dusty and full of deer blood and **** and not a scratch on her helmet. They x-ray her and release her. She has a small chip on a bone in her leg. Today she is sore and walking but the bike is not so lucky. I saw it today in the impound lot and I feel sure they will total it.

I told her if she really wanted a Harley this time this is not the way to go about getting one. She has been riding this Kawasaki 800b for the last 5 years and didn’t want to move up but I guess she will now. In closing I must say “good by old friend, it was nice working on you and riding you. I hate to see you go but all good things do come to an end.”

Old 05-12-2007, 11:23 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Motorcycle vs. Deer

Wow [sm=insomnia.gif].

Someone up there likes you guys alot! [sm=devilangel.gif]

Old 05-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Bradley
Cruiser

What a nightmare man. Thank God she's alright. That's the kinda thoughts that go through my head everytime my wife starts talking about getting her own bike! Don't feel too bad about the bike, at least it wasn't a Harley! lol J/K

Old 05-13-2007, 12:27 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

omg. thanks god she is ok.bike can be replaced. not her .

Old 05-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Silverbiker
6th Gear

Earlier today she was talking about getting a Fat Boy. I told her she already has one and why would she want another??

Old 05-13-2007, 01:05 AM
dynarider
Advanced

Glad to hear it turned out as good as it did! The bike can be replaced!

We have a lot of deer around here to and I see them on the side of the road from time to time getting ready to cross. Once I saw a car in the on-coming hit a deer that just jumped out of nowhereand the deer went about 20 feet in the air and then landed in their laneand slid toward me before it finally stopped not far from me! Scary stuff!

Old 05-13-2007, 02:01 AM
crushem77
Tourer

I HATE them things!

Old 05-13-2007, 02:36 AM
mwdguy
Cruiser

Glad to hear she is ok. Bikes can be replaced.

I just put something on my truck to take care of deer and moose.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:53 AM
JessaC
Intermediate

Any woman that bounces a deer offa the road with her scoot and then screams "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I LOVED THAT BIKE!!!!" gets my vote every time...

Glad to hear she's ok - God Bless.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:47 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to hear she is okay.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle vs. Deer