Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle vs. Deer

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Motorcycle vs. Deer

Glad to hear that your wife made it through the accident. That was incredible that she still held on after the hit. My wife read the story and sends her best wishes. Get her that Harley......and a new gun for deer season.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Pops
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad that she is safe, I witnessed a guy hit a full grown female moose going about 60mph. Both died! Be safe..........Pops

Old 05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
99superglide
Tourer

WOW, she was lucky things turned out ok and she weren't hurt too bad. Deer are about as predictable as a Q-tip driving a Buick thru a rotary. Turkey are starting to get over populated in my area and are causing the same hazard. That's one strong woman to handle that experience the way she did.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:35 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

damn deer need elimanted.i hate them. they are not bambi. sure hope she is not to sore this morning,but i bet she is pretty sore !

Old 05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
edgar3
Cruiser

thank God you're both alright.

has she mentioned if she's looking forward to riding again?

I dropped a bike about 20 years ago and took about 13 years "off". It was purty bad. [sm=outcold.gif]

something to do with the ol "if you let me live thru this, I'll never ride again and dedicate my life to the church"[sm=devilangel.gif]

thankfully, the "man upstairs" (or whomever) already knew I was full of sh*t and didn't hold me to it..

I wish her luck going forward.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:46 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm told that when it comes to deer the trick is to just aim for the soft spot in the middle. I hope I never have to find out! Glad your wife is OK.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The guy and his wife up the street ,were coming home one night on their bike, they hit something, honest, they didn't know what, it was either a horse or a deer. They didn't go down, but the front brake rotor and right fork were REALLY damaged bad, the brake turned red hot and it was a bear to ride, but, they made it home. Both were "slapped" by whatever they hit, but not hurt bad. They said it all happend so fast it was crazy.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:24 PM
DiabloBlanco
Advanced

Good to hear she made it out alright. Definitly sounds like a champ considering the way she took the whole experience. I had a deer run out on me 2 years ago on a straight road going about 50 mph or so. I locked up the rear brake starts fishtaling now I was sure one of two things was gonna happen either im gonna go down or Im gonna smack right into that stupid deer. Well neither of the two happened I was able to just avoid the deer she just kept running across the road and back into the woods. I get to the end of the road my dad was behind me during the whole thing and asked if we need to go back hometo Change my underwear. Didn't do that either just road the rest of the day.

Ken

Old 05-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Silverbiker
6th Gear

I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and well wishes. My wife has read all the posts and was happy to hear from you all.

She is real sore today but getting around well. I have also heard that about hitting the middle of the animal and that is what she did.

Again thanks for the well wishes from all of you.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Nach
Cruiser

Glad to here your wife is alright, makes me wonder about letting my wife get her own, again glad to here she is well, "but for the grace".

Quick Reply: Motorcycle vs. Deer