Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chirping, rattling sound from my dyna is driving me loco

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Krash26
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow...this thread HAS gone on for a few years!! I have an 06 Dyna Lowrider with 2300 miles on it and I bought last year, obviously used. So, no miles and last summer it rode great...no weird noises. But, this year, as soon as it was on the road, a weird chirping noise started to happen. It doesn't happen when the bike is idling or the clutch pulled in. But, the second its in gear and moving, the chirping is constant. I've heard it might be the IPB problem but my mileage is no where near what other bikes have been when it the IPB basically failed. So, I looked at the bolts for the headers and yes, they were a little loose, but even once they were tighten up, the chirping continues. So, now I'm gonna pull the primary cover off and look at the chain. Hopefully, the chain is just loose....the belt is fine, that was checked last week. I will check that left front motor mount too...but, the chirping sound sure sounds like its coming from the primary cover!!!

I heard that MoCo has paid for all IPB repairs, but its a real hard time getting them to admit that this is a design flaw. I do have some documents from other owners just in case.

So, if there are others out there with this problem/noise, let me know what the problem is and what you did get it fixed!! I heard of some owners having to pay the full cost of replacement of the IPB and it was huge!!! Like 900 bucks or more!!! If this is MoCo's design error, they need to pay to FIX IT!!!

Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Krash26
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Update!!

I finally got a buddy to come and check out that noise which I thought could be the IPB problem, and I gotta thank a guy on the forum for giving me a suggestion to check the top motor mount. My primary is NOT where the noise was coming from...for now. It was a loose bolt on the right side of the top motor mount. Pulled the gas tank up, checked the left bolt on the motor mount and it was nice and tight. But, the right one was slightly loose, so gave it about a turn or two, a shot of silicone lube, put the tank back and fired it up. Chirping noise gone....

Now I just wait for more mileage and see what happens!!! I like it when those kind of repairs really don't cost ya anything but time.

Last edited by Krash26; 06-18-2011 at 06:24 PM.