Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

touring seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 04:55 PM
dynamac
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default touring seat

Was looking in a catalog and found a touring seat for Dyna's. It looked like a sundowner seat with an adjustable backrest. Says it had a 30 degree of movement on it and 5 different positions. Has anyone tried or seen one of these. I would love to try riding with a backrest once to see how it feels. Seems like it would be relaxing.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:00 PM
FXDIinMD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: touring seat

i don't know about the backrest but, i have a HD Sundowner seat that i use for trips... bought it more for the g/f than for myself.

it looks like a$$ but is very comfy and offers good rider back support. the passenger gets about 3 or 4 more inches in width for their a$$.

by the way, the seat will move you closer to the controls by about 2 inches.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:45 PM
jeffer60
Cruiser

dynamac

I bought the seat you described and love it. I rode the bike to Loveland CO and back over labor day weekend (about 1000 miles) and it was very comfortable. Backrest was great. In town, I don't use backrest, and seat is still comfotable. It is a bit higher than the stock seat, as it is padded better. Passenger portion is also higher and wider. My wife loves it compared to the old seat.

Jeff

Old 10-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Crowdog
Tourer

Does the Sundowner Solo move ya forward also?

I need to move back a bit myself.

Ride safe.

Crow

Old 10-05-2005, 11:43 PM
dynamac
Road Captain

That is SO much more comfortable. I finished installing the forward controls and then put on this seat. I'm ready to take the lowrider on any long ride now. Get me an MP3 player and it's touring time!

Old 10-10-2005, 02:40 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dynamac
Did you use the HD forward controls? If so, were they hard to install?
I have a 2001 FXD and keep tossing around the idea of putting on the forward controls, but I like the highway pegs I have on the engine guard. HD says you can't have both, which I'm not sure is true either. Good info. on the seat, my wife wants something more comfortable for a longer trip, but if it moves me closer to the controls I would definitely need forwards.

Craig

Old 10-11-2005, 07:28 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

My wife and I love the Sundowner...........and I don't even think it looks that bad at all.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:48 PM
dynamac
Road Captain

super01, I bought the kuryakyn extended forward controls. They are great. The install was pretty easy. The hardest part was getting the old brake rod loose. I ended up cutting the rod off with a dremel, damn pin wouldn't come lose for nothing. After that it's basically just bolting them on. Check ebay, they have deals on all types of forward controls. Less then a 2 hour job would be my guess.

The sundowner seat I had moved me a little closer then the stock seat did. With the new seat it's hard for me to tell with the forward controls on. Plus I bought the extended controls. Don't know if the wife will like the new seat but I love having a backrest. If she doesn't like it I'll just swap out seats and use her as my backrest on the few times she goes with me.

As for the engine guards do a search in this section. There is a part number listed for an engine guard that fits Dyna's with forward controls. I just left the old pegs on so I can switch my feet aroound on long rides.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys have pictures of the seat installed? Would love to see how it looks.

Thanks

Kicks

Old 10-12-2005, 12:10 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. dynamac,
I'll have to do a search for the engine guard. I think I'll be waiting on the seat till next year, wife doesn't like riding in the cold (currently in the low to mid 50's here in Michigan) and I don't mind the seat I have currently.