Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOCO Data tracking

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:54 AM
jimsreddyna
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default MOCO Data tracking

I got a call from HD asking if I would participate in a study. They will turn on the data logger built into the ECU next week and track engine and transmission data til October. They then will download the data collected and give me a $200 gift card to my local dealer.

I asked them if the process would F*^# with the program in the ECU (I am out of the box stock, pipes, AC ECU and all) and they said no.

I told them that I will only be riding the bike till the end of August because I am having shoulder surgery and they said ok. I told them that I could not ride the bike back to the dealer in Oct. for them to download the data and they said they would come to the house to download it. I still get the $200.

I don't see a problem with going allong with this. What am I missing?

Old 05-11-2007, 09:24 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Default RE: MOCO Data tracking

ORIGINAL: jimsreddyna

I got a call from HD asking if I would participate in a study. They will turn on the data logger built into the ECU next week and track engine and transmission data til October. They then will download the data collected and give me a $200 gift card to my local dealer.

I asked them if the process would F*^# with the program in the ECU (I am out of the box stock, pipes, AC ECU and all) and they said no.

I told them that I will only be riding the bike till the end of August because I am having shoulder surgery and they said ok. I told them that I could not ride the bike back to the dealer in Oct. for them to download the data and they said they would come to the house to download it. I still get the $200.

I don't see a problem with going allong with this. What am I missing?
you'll be missing out on 200 big ones if you pass this up jim.

If they call back, give em my number.

mud

Old 05-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you tend to ride it in a fashion other than stated in the manual, they could use it to invalidate your warranty. Just a thought. I would hope they wouldn't do that. $200 seems a decent incentive to help them poll for data.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:32 AM
JessaC
Intermediate

Some precautionary questions to ask:

1. How did they get your name/number/bike info?
2. Do they have an 800 # you can call back on (to verify they are who they say they are - most identity thieves won't actually pay for 800 service)
3. Did they ask for any money or financial information from you at all?
4. Will the information they record from your bike be in any way connected to your bike's VIN or loan note (assuming you used HDFS)?

That's all I can think of right now - I teach this crap and have been writing slides all day, so I am having a brain fart....

HTH,
J.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:36 AM
mud
muderator

ORIGINAL: JessaC

.................................................. .................................

I am having a brain fart....

No shiit

Old 05-13-2007, 02:37 AM
mud
muderator

2. Do they have an 800 # you can call back on (to verify they are who they say they are - most identity thieves won't actually pay for 800 service)
4. Will the information they record from your bike be in any way connected to your bike's VIN or loan note (assuming you used HDFS)?

That's all I can think of right now - I teach this crap and have been writing slides all day, so I am having a brain fart....

HTH,
J.
Whatta loada crape

Old 05-13-2007, 03:18 AM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

If you have any concerns... You could always ask them for everything in writing... CYA.. IMHO

Old 05-13-2007, 03:40 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

HTH,
J.
Whatta loada crape
I would suspect they got the information out of their computer. Have you ever noticed how they ask your name most times when you buy something? They have all your info, especially if you purchased your bike thru a Harley dealer. VIN (which obviously gives them year, make model), name, address, phone number etc.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:37 PM
blueglide88
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I could use $200.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:49 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

No kiddin.....wish they would give ME a call!!

I am tired of givin THEM money!! Time for some payback!!

Quick Reply: MOCO Data tracking