Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License Plate and Turn Signal Relocation 2016 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 01:18 AM
sdrawkcabssa
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts
Default License Plate and Turn Signal Relocation 2016 Street Bob

Hello everyone this is my first thread, and I'm pretty new to the forum. Recently Purchased 2016 Street Bob, FXDB, did a lot of research about license plate and turn signal relocation and settled on the Easy Brackets from Great Biker Gear. I also intend to set up some brackets with "tactical saddlebags" I'll sort of "fab" myself made form some molle shoulder bags very soon so, this was a precursor to that happening. I thought I would throw this up with some pictures so those who may be searching and doing research as I did have a wee bit more insight - hopefully this is actually provides that.

So here is what came in the mail today;

License plate/turn signal relocation

Easy Brackets for saddlebags

I got to work asap, first step; remove seat and disconnect turn signals and license plate light wires

Nest step: Remove turn signals and stock license plate bracket. This was as simple as removing the single bolt holding each turn signal on the fender, and pulling the wires through the holes, no bd, didnt have to disconnect and wiring

Then I set up my license plate on the new bracket and attached the license plate light (there is a bracket specifically for this light on the bracket itself) and connected it via the supplied bolts

Comes with a cool teardrop washer to make it look seamless.

Now I had to actually take apart the electrical connectors because although you can pull them out and string them through the protectors on the rear fender and the holes of the fender itself, they would not fit through the holes on the bracket. Once I did this, I pushed the wires through the hole on the bracket and reattached the connectors, strung the wires through the indicator sleeves, through the protectors on the inside sides of the fender, reconnected to power and she was all done. No big deal. Turn signals connect the same way they disconnect, only on the bracket, and there are supplied bolts that are purposefully a little shorter.

Oh and I almost forgot, I added a small amount of silicon sealant to keep water out of the license plate illumination light as there was a small gap between it and the bracket.

Heres a before and after:

I hope this helps someone out, and I hope I followed forum guidlines, thank you for checking it out. I will post another thread when I rig up them saddlebags.

out

Link to saddle bags; https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-brackets.html

Last edited by sdrawkcabssa; 01-29-2016 at 11:43 PM. Reason: link
Old 01-29-2016, 01:33 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

First off, welcome to the forum. Second, nice Bob I remember when mine looked like that....kinda miss it. The Plate bracket looks good, I know a few people have been looking for something like that for a while.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:51 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Welcome to the forum and good write up! Thank you for sharing it.

Do the bolts for the turn signals go all the way through the stalk? Just wondering how those are held to the stalks.

Looking forward to seeing your bags!

Old 01-29-2016, 03:19 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Holy cow that side mount plate sticks WAY the eff out there. No bueno. Good call, regardless of the bags.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:51 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks good and good write up. My only suggestion would be to maybe paint around the back of the license plate light with some black paint.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:10 PM
sdrawkcabssa
Advanced

Originally Posted by blueangel73
First off, welcome to the forum. Second, nice Bob I remember when mine looked like that....kinda miss it. The Plate bracket looks good, I know a few people have been looking for something like that for a while.
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks!

Old 01-29-2016, 10:13 PM
sdrawkcabssa
Advanced

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
Welcome to the forum and good write up! Thank you for sharing it.

Do the bolts for the turn signals go all the way through the stalk? Just wondering how those are held to the stalks.

Looking forward to seeing your bags!
Thanks a bunch! Yes, the bolts for the turn signals go through the stocks, the kit comes with slightly shorter ones as the originals are too long with the new bracket. The kit also includes a longer left side stalk to make up for the shorter one that originally incorporated the side license plate bracket.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:16 PM
sdrawkcabssa
Advanced

Originally Posted by cggorman
Holy cow that side mount plate sticks WAY the eff out there. No bueno. Good call, regardless of the bags.
My thoughts exactly, thank you much sir. I got the bags on today, hope to throw up a thread asap.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:25 PM
sdrawkcabssa
Advanced

Originally Posted by TomboAT65
Looks good and good write up. My only suggestion would be to maybe paint around the back of the license plate light with some black paint.
Thank you! Will definitely consider doing this, I thought it seemed just a little off, without a back cover or something on that light. Otherwise it kind of just lights up everywhere instead of just the license plate, besides that it would also be more aesthetically pleasing. Thanks for the suggestion. *thumbs up*

Old 01-30-2016, 12:47 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

As the others have said, great write up and welcome! I found that although the wiring was long enough for the move it was just a bit too tight for my liking, I ended up extending the wires so that the connections comfortably went back under the seat. Did you have any problems?

Quick Reply: License Plate and Turn Signal Relocation 2016 Street Bob