Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15 FXDF Risers, handlebars with stock cables... not sure

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 10:19 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the more I keep looking the more Im loving the West Coast T-bars. I think that'll be the direction Ill end up. but now I'm really stuck on a length, 8" or 10". if I end up having to replace cables then I'd definitely like to get a length Im happy with.
I'm 5'10" with a 69" reach, so average arm length or -1" on the ape index haha. 30" inseam.

should I go WC-T bar in 8" or 10"?

Old 01-28-2016, 01:34 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

I'd get a set up thats adjustable. I couldn't see putting on a bar that I couldn't adjust.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:40 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

10" would mean new cables likely. If you went new cables I'd go 12". If you want to reuse stock cables, 8". I've seen 8's, they look sweet. I'm 6ft and my 12's are just below shoulder height.

If you do new cables w/ taller bars also check out lucky Dave's San Diego bars and the wct sling shots.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:52 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

Originally Posted by c-note
10" would mean new cables likely. If you went new cables I'd go 12". If you want to reuse stock cables, 8". I've seen 8's, they look sweet. I'm 6ft and my 12's are just below shoulder height.

If you do new cables w/ taller bars also check out lucky Dave's San Diego bars and the wct sling shots.
I think 12s would be a touch to high for me. I spent some time in the garage last night with a tape measure. 10" bars would be just below shoulder height. My idle / throttle cables might still work but my clutch probably not.

For the clutch release cover... how much goes into the transmission? I could probably get behind the exhaust with an allen key but then I could only move the cover about 2 inches till it hits the exhaust, will that be enough to remove the cover and do the clutch cable if needed?

Old 01-29-2016, 04:21 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

after researching this till my eyes went cross eyed, I decided to just order the DK 1" Fat Risers once I started adding up everything that I need and with the way the canadian dollar is the cost really started to add up. I know for sure the 1" extension will fit, it'll increase the comfort a bit and then I can still do the other mods I wanted to get done this winter. I'll just make a bar swap my next winter project!

thanks for the help guys, definitely learned a lot about bars!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:50 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Default 1" Riser Extensions on 15 FXDF

Got a package from DK today. Tossed them on immediately after dinner haha (even though I'm snowed in for probably another month)

The clutch cable is snug unloaded at full right turn, you could probably go 1.5" MAX

The front brake line however, to keep using that clip to the triple tree, is maxed out. I undid that clip and slid the rubber isolator down a bit which helped but I'd have to say you cant go any higher unless you were to leave that clip off

Old 02-10-2016, 09:42 PM
DrewNJ
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
Got a package from DK today. Tossed them on immediately after dinner haha (even though I'm snowed in for probably another month)

The clutch cable is snug unloaded at full right turn, you could probably go 1.5" MAX

The front brake line however, to keep using that clip to the triple tree, is maxed out. I undid that clip and slid the rubber isolator down a bit which helped but I'd have to say you cant go any higher unless you were to leave that clip off

Loosen the banjo bolt on the brake master slightly and rotate the brake line 90 around/down. This will give you a bit more slack in that line.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmph, never had an issue with my spacer jims. Cable lengths I believe are identical between a '11 and a '15

Old 02-10-2016, 10:13 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

Hmmph, never had an issue with my spacer jims. Cable lengths I believe are identical between a '11 and a '15
Everything is fine for me at 1". I just wanted to update my findings for anyone looking in the future. I did find a thread on here about hd "cleaning up the front end" and they shortened cables, i think it was between 12 & 13. Who knows if its true

Im sure if someone was to rotate their brake line, leave the clip off and remove their clutch line to frame clamps that they could definitely go 2"

Old 02-10-2016, 10:19 PM
AUTOT3K
Tourer

Here's that thread where they mentioned the cable change up, I was wrong though. They said between 09 & 10. So 11 and 15 are probably the same

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ck-cables.html

Quick Reply: 15 FXDF Risers, handlebars with stock cables... not sure