Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question to Power Vision users/owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016 | 12:01 AM
CWS
|
Advanced
Default Question to Power Vision users/owners

So it's sort of looking like the Power Vision would be the best/easiest choice for when I jump up to stage 1. But I have a few questions;

So right now I have stock A/C, stock computer, and V&H short shots. I am planning on getting the power vision, DK Customs A/C, and Thrashin' SS Exhaust. Does anyone else have this combo and like it? Using auto tune could I just install all of those and ride it and end up with a good tune? Would like some details on how easy it is to tune and how good can you really get the tune. Also want to make sure that doing that and running it with the stock tune while its doing the auto tune won't damage my motor at all. Thanks!

Old 01-27-2016 | 12:19 AM
crunch82
Novice

Buy it from fuelmoto and they will programe it for your parts.

Old 01-27-2016 | 01:53 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Yes - buy it from Fuel Moto and tell them what your configuration is. They will pre-load it with a custom map for your setup.

Autotune is easy and gives good results. If you have the stock 12mm narrowband O2 sensors it does a pretty good job, but if you get the Autotune Pro or Target Tune option and use the 18mm wideband O2 sensors then it does an awesome job!

To give you an idea, I have the standard 12mm O2 sensors and used "basic" autotune. After a few attuning runs, the bike ran really, really well. But eating to get the absolute maximum out of it, I still took it for a dyno tune and the dyno guy found me another 4hp and 3 ft/lbs.

So the "basic" autotune is good, but not as good as a full dyno tune.

The autotune process is easy. You just set it to autotune, go ride for a bit and then look at the results. Then you re-flash the bike with the data from the autotune which takes about 30 seconds. Rinse and repeat a few times and the bike will run better each time.

It's an excellent bit of kit - you won't regret buying it. But do get it from Fuel Moto as they will support you with free custom maps for life.

Old 01-27-2016 | 06:45 AM
c-note
Road Master

+3 fuel moto

Old 01-27-2016 | 09:26 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by CWS
So it's sort of looking like the Power Vision would be the best/easiest choice for when I jump up to stage 1. But I have a few questions;

So right now I have stock A/C, stock computer, and V&H short shots. I am planning on getting the power vision, DK Customs A/C, and Thrashin' SS Exhaust. Does anyone else have this combo and like it? Using auto tune could I just install all of those and ride it and end up with a good tune? Would like some details on how easy it is to tune and how good can you really get the tune. Also want to make sure that doing that and running it with the stock tune while its doing the auto tune won't damage my motor at all. Thanks!
We would be happy to program a Power Vision for your current setup, and when you change components we can provide additional maps as needed. When running Auto Tune you will tune off the current tune for your setup (Fuel Moto tune) and this will adjust the VE tables based on O2 sensor correction, this works very well for fine tuning. Power Vision is very easy to use and we offer unlimited support via email or phone. If you have any additional questions just us know.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-27-2016 | 09:28 AM
cvaria
Supporter

i didn't get mine from fuel moto. had it of been on sale, i might have. i got mine for 429 from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251994652639...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it's on amazon too for the same price.. but you'll be paying tax.

the visor and mount are both on amazon as well. $35 tops for both

i call dynojet when i have an issue.

i used a pre-load tune that matched my bike. no problems.

great device. good choice sir!

Last edited by cvaria; 01-27-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-27-2016 | 10:00 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We would be happy to program a Power Vision for your current setup, and when you change components we can provide additional maps as needed. When running Auto Tune you will tune off the current tune for your setup (Fuel Moto tune) and this will adjust the VE tables based on O2 sensor correction, this works very well for fine tuning. Power Vision is very easy to use and we offer unlimited support via email or phone. If you have any additional questions just us know.
I bought my power vision from amazon not realizing you guys would write a tune for it (my fault I didn't research vendors better before I purchased). Any way I can get you to write a tune for mine anyways? I would be willing to pay a fee since I didn't purchase from you

Old 01-27-2016 | 10:46 AM
662894v
Tourer

In my opinion, FuelMoto is the way to go. They offer a package discount on a stage 1 AC and Powervision. I got my Powervision with mounts/visor and the stage 1 AC for $565 delivered. I think when I was adding up what I'd spend elsewhere, I was within about $30 of FuelMoto's price. The unlimited tunes was definitely worth the $30 to me. These guys are the authority on tunes. FuelMoto has been great to work with and getting a new tune emailed has been an easy process.

Old 01-29-2016 | 05:09 PM
CWS
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Thanks! I've already exchanged emails with you guys and you'll definitely be my go to come pay day.