Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 03:54 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by beans1
I like the Deviant fairing because he offers a 'FXRD' style with the glove boxes etc already in there giving it the more finished look. But I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, his mounting hardware/bracket isn't as good as some of the others?

From reading through this so far:

BMC offers a complete kit with everything you need, but its the most expensive

Deviant has the fairing with glove boxes already installed, but according to some the bracket isn't the best (aluminum?)

JD seems to be the cheapest (JD's + a Moons MC headlight would still be the cheapest option and a 'complete kit' if you but the bucket and trim ring from JD), but it doesn't have glove boxes.

Also, seems like bikes in this thread are usually setup 2 ways:

FXRT fairing, lowers, clamshells or FXRT fairing and T-Sport bags. Anyone regret not going all out with the lowers & clamshells? I'm trying to get this right the first time around..
BBC probably has the most complete kit from what I've seen. Every single nut & bolt and every accessory you would want or need. Their fairing even come with the Truck-Lite LED.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:20 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

After riding today with the Gauntlet fairing I think I really want one of these fairings. I've heard wind protection is awesome and feels like your in a calm air pocket. With the 2 up seat on since the wife was riding with me, it sat me up a little higher and felt like I was getting beaten up even with my quarter fairing.

Guess it's time to start pinching pennies and decide the best one to get. I really like the FXRD but use JD's brackets.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:39 PM
beans1
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
After riding today with the Gauntlet fairing I think I really want one of these fairings. I've heard wind protection is awesome and feels like your in a calm air pocket. With the 2 up seat on since the wife was riding with me, it sat me up a little higher and felt like I was getting beaten up even with my quarter fairing.

Guess it's time to start pinching pennies and decide the best one to get. I really like the FXRD but use JD's brackets.
I think I'm in the same boat as you, FXRD Fairing from Deviant and Bracket kit from JD seems to be a reasonable option.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,498 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
I really like the FXRD but use JD's brackets.
Joe (Deviant Fabrication) has come up with a completely new design for the fairing bracket that works very well, I have a prototype and a production model and they are pretty slick, not at all like the big hokey block of aluminum that he used to make.

I have installed 2 of them and I like them a lot.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:09 AM
evo_zero
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider
Joe (Deviant Fabrication) has come up with a completely new design for the fairing bracket that works very well, I have a prototype and a production model and they are pretty slick, not at all like the big hokey block of aluminum that he used to make.

I have installed 2 of them and I like them a lot.
Can you show pics of the new deviant bracket and how it installs? I understand they redesigned their bracket a few years ago, but the instructions on their site show the aluminum break prone bracket. When asked how the new bracket mounts they emailed me this...

Old 03-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,498 Likes on 1,076 Posts

These are the only pictures of the bracket that I have in my computer right now, but they show it installed anyway, Installation is very easy and the bracket is bullet proof.
This is the prototype, so the bracket is a little "rough" as compared to the production model.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:08 PM
_LostSoul_
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine

The following users liked this post:
joihan777 (07-24-2021)
Old 03-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by _LostSoul_
Mine

Exactly what I've been thinking about, even looks like it's on my bike

More pics please!

Old 03-07-2016, 09:42 PM
_LostSoul_
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll take some more tomorrow

Old 03-07-2016, 10:36 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

i really need to stop looking at this thread. lost soul. bike looks great really like the color

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread