Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 08:48 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,924 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by jakenavy
This thread really helped me pull the trigger on doing a RT fairing on my 94 FXLR, so I figured i’d post it. Did a pretty big overhaul on the bike last year. Just need to figure out some front turn signals. Alpine halo single din stereo with a floating screen. Really happy with the way this bike turned out. BMC fairing and lowers

Is that top pic Bay View near Sandusky??

The following 2 users liked this post by hd4evr2008:
Chicago Ken (02-10-2022), Dirtbandit (02-08-2022)
Old 10-31-2021, 03:17 PM
jakenavy
Stage IV
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Is that top pic Bay View near Sandusky??
Yes sir it is! I live in Clyde

Old 10-31-2021, 03:31 PM
jakenavy
Stage IV
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fat bastard 68
I like how you've mounted the gauges so you can see the Alpine stereo with a floating screen (I had to Google it) as well. What size is the screen? 9" or 11"? I assume you measure diagonally? You said it was an RT fairing but would look great on an RD fairing with the gauge housing to block the sun too.

I saw someone on Insta... that had a clip with two GoPro cameras screen in screen one front-facing and the other rear-facing and thought that'd be pretty cool to have displayed in real-time AND recording at the same time. Plenty of shitty drivers round my way.

I'll see if I can find it again and maybe it's possible to link it here by editing.

it turned out great!! forgot to mention that the lowers were super sized for some reason from BMC. I ended up cutting them smaller with an air saw lol. very scary. did the same with my clearview windshield to clear my bars. the risers are 9” forbidden brand, i just flipped the top clamp upside down to be able to mount the gauges that way. I think i have to agree with you about the RD fairing, i think they’re a nicer setup. Ill have to check out that gopro on instagram, the account is private. The stereo is a 10” diagonally and it’s an ILX-259 but i think it’s discontinued.. here’s the link anyways.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-fBJttR...-iLX-F259.html

http://www.alpine-asia.com/en/productDetail/91

Last edited by jakenavy; 10-31-2021 at 03:45 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by jakenavy:
Chicago Ken (02-10-2022), Dirtbandit (03-14-2022), fat bastard 68 (11-01-2021), GREENOHAWK69 (02-08-2022), Gunter77 (02-07-2022)
Old 11-01-2021, 08:48 AM
fat bastard 68
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks! That's brilliant. I have the same risers and managed to buy an extra set of Forbidden Motors risers top clamps with the adapters to be able to run the gauges already. I'm gonna run a single gauge positioned like yours and then hopefully try out something similar to the Alpine stereo. Gotta make sure it's rated 'maritime' to be able to survive heavy rain.
Again, a big thank you for the additional pics, I'm stoked at how good it looks

The following users liked this post:
jakenavy (11-01-2021)
Old 02-05-2022, 12:14 PM
Bad Biff
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deviant Fairing.... issues!

This reply was for Trvegiibz

I'm in the same boat. Bought a Deviant Fairing just before they stopped making them. The "air foil" they sent is crap. I noticed you have a windshield on yours that was not from Deviant. Can I ask where you got it, and what part number it is? I'd like to get one, but it seems that I can't find any reference to exactly which one will fit. The owner of Deviant said all FXRT windshields will fit.. But he also said the lowers would fit without issue... (Like F--K! They DO NOT fit) And that there would only be "Slight" modification required... Well, if milling the triple trees is Slight.... You know what I am saying!

Any help from a fellow Deviant would be welcome.

Last edited by Bad Biff; 02-05-2022 at 12:18 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-05-2022, 12:36 PM
Bad Biff
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RollinLowDeluxe

my 08 with perfect fairing fxrt and jd fab light pods... i previously had devfab and not to beat a dead horse but stay away from them as far as possible. joe will tell u anything u wanna hear till u start having problems and trust me u will have problems.... first problem was the directions you get its a bunch of pics, second is actually getting the mounts to work. we had to refab every mount sent minus the main mount. even the main mount put the fairing pointing up. then the light cover looks like a monkey made it. you pay extra to get molded injection ummm nope its fiberglass, when i called joe out thats when he no longer wanted to communicate with me. so just my experience with this take it or leave it

How did you get the LED Passing lights to fit? I have the Deviant Fairing.. Yes I know... I had the same LED halo passing lights in my original set up, but with the light pods and gaskets that came with them, they are too big to allow the lights into the fairing. Did you find a work around, or new gaskets?

The following users liked this post:
Dirtbandit (03-14-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 07:14 PM
Trvegiibz
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello, I didn't had issue with the triple tree, only with the adjutable bracket they provide for lateral support i had to put it downward.

The windshield is a klockwerks 12" windshield, you will have to enlarge the hole for the windshield and create a new one. Not all windshield fit you will find your info in the klockwerk site.
That's true i had to adjust nearly everything to fit this bitch

Old 02-09-2022, 11:40 AM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Biff
How did you get the LED Passing lights to fit? I have the Deviant Fairing.. Yes I know... I had the same LED halo passing lights in my original set up, but with the light pods and gaskets that came with them, they are too big to allow the lights into the fairing. Did you find a work around, or new gaskets?
I’ve engineered a solution to that problem. Check it out.

The following 2 users liked this post by MSgt1371:
Chicago Ken (02-10-2022), Dirtbandit (03-14-2022)
Old 03-13-2022, 09:56 PM
bmbarfield1
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XjldX
My FXD/RT setup is a real mutt - I have a Conley's fairing, JD pursuit pods, USA Biker lowers, an old no-name chin spoiler from eBay, and DevFab fairing mounting hardware.

I also have a Kenwood Bluetooth amp tucked inside the fairing with a pair of 5" Polk Audio marine grade speakers.

I love the pocket of clean air that this setup offers and I think it looks alright too, haha! The only changes I plan to make from this point is a windshield with a little recurve for a little more bubble around me and a new headlight cover, as mine is cracked. I also want to replace the DevFab neck adapter with one from JD, because the DevFab one is one of the old cast aluminum ones and it cracked when I tried mount the fairing the first time. I think JD's is a better design and seems more solid than this one.
did anyone have to relocate the neck ignition in order to fit this fairing? I have a 2007 dyna super glide that I’m looking to put this fairing on but I’m worried that the bracket with block the neck ignition switch

Old 04-06-2022, 03:30 PM
DynaZad
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am right there with you man. Wondering the same thing for my 2012 FXDB

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread