Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 08:58 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PaladinL13
Well, I might need to bite my tongue here. Last night, there was a post floating around Instagram from a guy that had his Deviant Fabrications FXRD fairing crack in several places. According to Joe from DevFab, the guy didn't use the lower support brackets, but I don't know any of the details or if that's true or not.
Jeremy Rose of Hairy Customs of San Diego shared some information to an FXLRS Facebook group about two other guys on top of the one I mentioned having issues with the DevFab fairings. Not sure if they're all fairing issues or some brackets, too.

Bare Knuckle Paul just built an awesome looking FXLRS using a complete DevFab setup, and at least so far he hasn't run into issues.
In general, the whole FXRT fairing process is a ton of money to drop on what could amount to be a gamble, so just know that going into it.
the poster on Instagram is @vtwin_envy he’s got a ton of pictures and screenshots about Deviants crap fairing and customer service. Buyer beware.

Old 08-08-2021, 06:44 PM
Wheelup
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM DEVIANT!!!! It's all trash. NOTHING fits at ALL. Not the brackets. Not the headlight cover. NOTHING! All he says is "make it work". He blames "the installer" every time someone blows him up online. STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING DEVIANT!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Bad Biff (02-05-2022)
Old 08-09-2021, 07:40 AM
Greg55_99
Cruiser
Received 136 Likes on 57 Posts

Let me run this by you guys. If you REALLY want an FXRT fairing, consider what you're getting for your money. I have an original FXRT Harley fairing and an aftermarket FXRT fairing from TCMT I believe. The original Harley fairing is made of ABS plastic and the aftermarket version is fiberglass. If you decide to track down an original fairing, you will be dealing with cracks. I know. The one I have has them in various places. I've repaired a major one with ABS pipe glue and a wall repair kit. Not that hard, however I've since come across a series of minor cracks in other places. I can deal with them but just be warned to check out closely the fairings condition if you go down this road. The aftermarket fairing actually looks pretty good. I can't vouch for it's longevity since I have installed it, but, no matter what vendor you buy it from, wouldn't you rather start out with a fresh uncracked fairing to work with?

Greg

Old 08-09-2021, 08:07 AM
Greg55_99
Cruiser
Received 136 Likes on 57 Posts

Don't let me forget. There's a bunch of other issues you'll have to deal with if you go for an OEM fairing. If you don't get it complete, you'll be sourcing the parts that go with it. Parts like, the turn signals, the gaskets that go with them, mounting brackets, headlight cover and gasket. This stuff can add up. So, if you look on Ebay, you'll see just how much these parts can tack onto the price of an original fairing. Again, the aftermarket fairing is looking better and better.

Greg

PS. In my travels to save money, I'm told the OEM FXRT Harley side marker lights are the same as the units found in the FLT of that vintage but they use different mounting gaskets. But, if you're really cheap (but talented body work wise) I've found that 80-83 Goldwing GL1100 side marker light can be made to fit. I haven't done it, yet, but, it looks quite doable.

OEM FXRT on top, GL1100 on the bottom.

The Goldwing units only ran 20 bucks on Ebay. See what the OEM Harley units run for. Advantage, aftermarket.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:44 AM
Trvegiibz
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Allright guys,

So I bought the deviant fabrication fairing before everyone told me not to.

Shipping was as mentioned around 4 weeks.

The fairing itself is nice (also the lowers), there are 4 bracket supplied for the fairing:
-one lower
-one headlight bracket
-2 tank bolts brackets.

The fairing was sitting too low to be able to use the lower bracket, tried to bent it and broke it instantly. So I made my own lower bracket using the pieces of the original one.

I had to adjust EVERYTHING. This fairing is a pain in the *** to get dialed in 😒😒. I'm running fork boot and I didn't have enough clearance. Same for the lowers didn't fit with my rr3 on one side and my jagg oil cooler on the other side. I also run a bungking crashbar so I had to cut through.

Anyway now the fairing is in place. I put around 300 miles so far and it's holding strong. No crack or anything

The following 4 users liked this post by Trvegiibz:
Bad Biff (02-05-2022), Greg55_99 (08-21-2021), HuntWhenever (08-22-2021), TOE_CUTTER (08-21-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 03:03 AM
fat bastard 68
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hinges

Well I managed to find a pair of doors for my repop FXRD fairing, problem is they didn't come with any hinges. Where can I get some, if possible and has anyone come up with a creative workaround?

Old 08-23-2021, 03:24 AM
fat bastard 68
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fxrp

First, I should make it clear I am in Thailand. So, I would consider shipping but it may take some time to package correctly and estimate the shipping cost to wherever. Why I am really posting is because if I sell locally I want to know its current value stateside so I know how much to ask for this fairing with mount.I have a windshield and one side mount. I have 3 pods so could sell one with the fairing. Also a pair of turn signals.
I don't wanna undercharge or overcharge anyone so thanks for any opinions.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:27 PM
TH3BIG3MPTY
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noice

Originally Posted by Dyna100
It works fantastic. I frequently ride the 14 freeway through the California desert and the wind can be brutal. This fairing definitely helps make the ride much more pleasing.

Dude, Im looking to get V2H Fairing and lowers because I have an hour ride on the 58 East. I know what you mean

Old 08-26-2021, 09:34 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Saw this what looks to be a clone from an FXR2 bike parked across the street from work.

The following users liked this post:
Chicago Ken (10-21-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 11:24 AM
Dyna100
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TH3BIG3MPTY
Dude, Im looking to get V2H Fairing and lowers because I have an hour ride on the 58 East. I know what you mean
I have a set of new unpainted lowers that I didn't use. Don't have any hardware or brackets for them, but I'd let them go for $100 if you pick them up.

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread