Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 05:59 PM
610Low
Tourer
Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MSgt1371
Everything I've gotten from V2H has been good quality, and his customer service is top notch. He only does small runs of fairings and they sell out quick. Best way to get ahold of him and see when he gets new inventory is to follow them on Instagram.
Originally Posted by CanadianStreetBob
I did email V2H. His kit seems decent. His mounting bracket seems similar to some of the others from the picture. I could also be completely wrong about his bracket being that similar, I didnt get a good enough look at it from the one picture to really compare it to other pictures. He said hes got another run going in 3 months from now. Unless I dont make up my mind in the next 3 months (which knowing myself is honestly possible considering I cant even take my Bike out of storage for another month ish by how the weather has been where I live haha), I might end up with the BMC fairing, or get the JD fabs fairing and get someone local to fab up an upper fairing bracket since he doesnt have upper brackets for the dyna's apparently. I do like that the JD customs fairing is a bit cheaper than the BMC one. Also that I can get the 11" smoked clearview windscreen directly from JD vs having to buy another windscreen (im a tall guy and the stock 8" or 9" windshields just wont cut it for me). hmmmm. so many options hahaha.
Ive got the V2H FXRT fairing and lowers sitting in the box from his Fall/Winter run just waiting for a free lift at my buddy's to get it mounted up. Ive been a fiend to get it done. My recommendation is if you have a good paint guy go with the primer fairing as my painted one was sent with only the headlight bracket holes drilled. Well have to gingerly take a bit to the fairing to fit up the windshield, headlight cover, and the lower tabs. But all is all it feels like a solid fairing at a great price. The only thing im having trouble with is, getting him to provide any sort of install instructions or possibly an install video. Thinking of taking tons of photos and filming the install to send to him to have on deck for future buyers.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:29 PM
CanadianStreetBob
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 610Low
Ive got the V2H FXRT fairing and lowers sitting in the box from his Fall/Winter run just waiting for a free lift at my buddy's to get it mounted up. Ive been a fiend to get it done. My recommendation is if you have a good paint guy go with the primer fairing as my painted one was sent with only the headlight bracket holes drilled. Well have to gingerly take a bit to the fairing to fit up the windshield, headlight cover, and the lower tabs. But all is all it feels like a solid fairing at a great price. The only thing im having trouble with is, getting him to provide any sort of install instructions or possibly an install video. Thinking of taking tons of photos and filming the install to send to him to have on deck for future buyers.
Yeah, finding good instructions on how to install an FXRT fairing online is damn near impossible. Like some FXRT fairings apparently use the tank bolt for the top main bracket. Some dont apparently. The RWD page I can find online for installing is SUPER basic instructions that frankly are an embarrassment. Like I want to know when bolt A goes into Hole 1 on the bracket and where that goes on the frame and what the damn torque spec should be for said bolts. Like dont get me wrong I know I will be able to figure out how to put it together on my own. But I would rather have full fletched proper instructions when installing something I am spending over $1000 on. I am planning on getting the JD customs Mounting hardware at the very least as I have heard probably the best and most about their mounting hardware and I like the idea of their neck adapter. I actually figured out from my last post asking that person about what perfect fairing they had thinking he had found the perfect fairing..... Turns out that there is a company in Greece called Perfect Fairing who have been around since 1996 or so. They have the Green FXRP (i think its the FXRP fairing with the 2 din looking slot on the top). Right now I am either going to go with that fairing from Perfect fairing as it is the shape I wanted and they make it with woven fiberglass or something, so it can be abit lighter weight but strong still. Either that or Ill just go with the full JD Customs set up, but I really do like the Idea of having the other style FXR fairing instead of the old FXRT style with the single din radio slot that pulls a toy story woody quote, "reach for the sky".... so so many options that I keep second guessing myself once I have made a decision.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:44 PM
610Low
Tourer

Originally Posted by CanadianStreetBob
Yeah, finding good instructions on how to install an FXRT fairing online is damn near impossible. Like some FXRT fairings apparently use the tank bolt for the top main bracket. Some dont apparently. The RWD page I can find online for installing is SUPER basic instructions that frankly are an embarrassment. Like I want to know when bolt A goes into Hole 1 on the bracket and where that goes on the frame and what the damn torque spec should be for said bolts. Like dont get me wrong I know I will be able to figure out how to put it together on my own. But I would rather have full fletched proper instructions when installing something I am spending over $1000 on. I am planning on getting the JD customs Mounting hardware at the very least as I have heard probably the best and most about their mounting hardware and I like the idea of their neck adapter. I actually figured out from my last post asking that person about what perfect fairing they had thinking he had found the perfect fairing..... Turns out that there is a company in Greece called Perfect Fairing who have been around since 1996 or so. They have the Green FXRP (i think its the FXRP fairing with the 2 din looking slot on the top). Right now I am either going to go with that fairing from Perfect fairing as it is the shape I wanted and they make it with woven fiberglass or something, so it can be abit lighter weight but strong still. Either that or Ill just go with the full JD Customs set up, but I really do like the Idea of having the other style FXR fairing instead of the old FXRT style with the single din radio slot that pulls a toy story woody quote, "reach for the sky".... so so many options that I keep second guessing myself once I have made a decision.

This seems to be about the most IN DEPTH installation of an FXRT fairing there is. I feel like a majority of them all follow these basic steps and most of the neck adapters I think are the same.

The following users liked this post:
GREENOHAWK69 (03-24-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 09:51 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

Got the Clearview 11" recurve screen in today. Very nice quality. I'll give it a shake-down ride on the interstate on the way to work tomorrow.

The following 3 users liked this post by HuntWhenever:
Chicago Ken (03-23-2021), johnwesley (03-22-2021), mpiersd (10-26-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 06:43 AM
CanadianStreetBob
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
Got the Clearview 11" recurve screen in today. Very nice quality. I'll give it a shake-down ride on the interstate on the way to work tomorrow.

looks good. But i am a bit surprised at how small the recurve is on it. I was expecting a bit more of a curve especially when you look at the klockwerks windshields in comparison.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:53 AM
greenguyshrek
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Did you find out any other info on putting the FXRT fairing on a wide glide?

I have an 06 with the Fat Bob Triple Trees and want to know what would mods if any would be needed to put one on.

Im looking at the V2H

Old 04-09-2021, 03:26 PM
Dyna100
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna100
Just ordered one. I'll post when it arrives. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Finally got it installed, but it looks a bit tilted forward to me.....

Old 04-10-2021, 12:30 AM
610Low
Tourer

Kind of almost looks like a road glide to me now. dont hate it. but looks like it may need to be adjusted. Im kinda of wishing I would have just taken the $300 chance before going big retail on my V2H

Old 04-10-2021, 01:15 AM
Hundskrüppel
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

....true, somewhat angled downwards...but I have always seen that on Dynas...also compared to the FXR side view, the fairing distance to gas tank (probably distance to everything ??) is bigger....

Old 04-11-2021, 08:45 PM
Dyna100
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

It works fantastic. I frequently ride the 14 freeway through the California desert and the wind can be brutal. This fairing definitely helps make the ride much more pleasing.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dyna100:
Hundskrüppel (04-12-2021), TH3BIG3MPTY (08-26-2021)

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread