Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 12:36 AM
610Low
Tourer
Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MSgt1371
Its actually House of Kolor Cobalt Blue. Is does turn purple in the right light though
NOW that you say Cobalt Blue I can see that its blue and not purple. Killer bike one way or another

The following users liked this post:
MSgt1371 (03-12-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 12:42 AM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 610Low
NOW that you say Cobalt Blue I can see that its blue and not purple. Killer bike one way or another
Thank you, glad to finally have it back together!

Old 03-14-2021, 03:08 AM
CanadianStreetBob
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got finished with this today!

that is a great looking set up you got going on! Which manufacturer fairing kit did you go with if you dont mind me asking? Also what lights did you use in the light pods? I havent been able to find information on which lights will actually fit into the light pods for some reason XD.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:19 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CanadianStreetBob
that is a great looking set up you got going on! Which manufacturer fairing kit did you go with if you dont mind me asking? Also what lights did you use in the light pods? I havent been able to find information on which lights will actually fit into the light pods for some reason XD.
Thank you very much.
The Fairing and lowers are Conely's, the pursuit pods and mounting brackets are Villian 2 Hero. The lights in the pursuit pod are from are MoonsMC 4.5 inch fly eyes, The adapter that the light fits in is something I designed and made myself because I didn't like the OEM style rubber grommets. I'll be doing another run of these after I get moved next week and can set up shop again.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:59 PM
CanadianStreetBob
Novice

Thank you very much.
The Fairing and lowers are Conely's, the pursuit pods and mounting brackets are Villian 2 Hero. The lights in the pursuit pod are from are MoonsMC 4.5 inch fly eyes, The adapter that the light fits in is something I designed and made myself because I didn't like the OEM style rubber grommets. I'll be doing another run of these after I get moved next week and can set up shop again.
I would defiantly be interested in seeing what your adapter looks like and id probly want to get one to be honest haha. I found a 4.5" passing type light that has integrated turn signals in them. I do like the Moons MC 4.5 fly eyes a lot but I really want to have the light pods function as turn signals as well. I dunno if its just me but I think Conelys went out of business or something, I cant find their website and their FB hasnt had a post since 2019. I am having a tough time choosing between the BMC FXRT fairing and the JD customs FXRT fairing for my street bob. I have seen the reviews on here that the JD customs mounting Hardware is great, but the Dyna hardware doesnt come with a Top Bracket which I have heard some fairings without the top bracket will develop cracks because of that. The BMC fairing I have seen seems to be good quality as well yet I have not heard much about its mounting hardware, only seen good things but not really many reviews on it by the look of it. And they do have the upper support mount as well which is nice. I was thinking of Deviant Fabs FXRD style one or what not as I really do love the idea of having the 2 din slot and the built in glove boxes with closing doors I think is a nice touch on modern styles that could be commonly implemented. BUT after all of the looking around on this form before I spend over $2000 on fairings (I live in Canada so it costs a bit more haha) I dont see much in the way of good reviews about customer service with Deviant Fabs. I have seen on here that JD customs seems to have decent customer service and that BMC has amazing customer service. Im torn between the two. I am leaning more towards getting the BMC fairing and maybe getting the light pods from JD customs as I dont see that BMC has light pods. Ohhh decisions decisions.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:18 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

I would defiantly be interested in seeing what your adapter looks like and id probly want to get one to be honest haha. I found a 4.5" passing type light that has integrated turn signals in them. I do like the Moons MC 4.5 fly eyes a lot but I really want to have the light pods function as turn signals as well. I dunno if its just me but I think Conelys went out of business or something, I cant find their website and their FB hasnt had a post since 2019. I am having a tough time choosing between the BMC FXRT fairing and the JD customs FXRT fairing for my street bob. I have seen the reviews on here that the JD customs mounting Hardware is great, but the Dyna hardware doesnt come with a Top Bracket which I have heard some fairings without the top bracket will develop cracks because of that. The BMC fairing I have seen seems to be good quality as well yet I have not heard much about its mounting hardware, only seen good things but not really many reviews on it by the look of it. And they do have the upper support mount as well which is nice. I was thinking of Deviant Fabs FXRD style one or what not as I really do love the idea of having the 2 din slot and the built in glove boxes with closing doors I think is a nice touch on modern styles that could be commonly implemented. BUT after all of the looking around on this form before I spend over $2000 on fairings (I live in Canada so it costs a bit more haha) I dont see much in the way of good reviews about customer service with Deviant Fabs. I have seen on here that JD customs seems to have decent customer service and that BMC has amazing customer service. Im torn between the two. I am leaning more towards getting the BMC fairing and maybe getting the light pods from JD customs as I dont see that BMC has light pods. Ohhh decisions decisions.
Conely's did go out of business, I just managed to get one of his fairings after he went under. Check out Villian 2 Hero and RWD if you havent already.

As far as my light pod adapters, I'll be getting a website up to place order soon.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:49 PM
CanadianStreetBob
Novice

I am a little hesitant with V2H as their website is pretty scarce and I have heard mix things about them, but I will send them an email for sure. And unfortunately RWD fairings seem to be so out of stock that they are unattainable lol. Heck RWD FXRT fairings are even orderable by parts suppliers but they cant get them either lol. Please do let me know when you get that website up. I am interested for sure!

Old 03-14-2021, 02:38 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

I am a little hesitant with V2H as their website is pretty scarce and I have heard mix things about them, but I will send them an email for sure. And unfortunately RWD fairings seem to be so out of stock that they are unattainable lol. Heck RWD FXRT fairings are even orderable by parts suppliers but they cant get them either lol. Please do let me know when you get that website up. I am interested for sure!
Everything I've gotten from V2H has been good quality, and his customer service is top notch. He only does small runs of fairings and they sell out quick. Best way to get ahold of him and see when he gets new inventory is to follow them on Instagram.

Old 03-14-2021, 05:16 PM
CanadianStreetBob
Novice

I did email V2H. His kit seems decent. His mounting bracket seems similar to some of the others from the picture. I could also be completely wrong about his bracket being that similar, I didnt get a good enough look at it from the one picture to really compare it to other pictures. He said hes got another run going in 3 months from now. Unless I dont make up my mind in the next 3 months (which knowing myself is honestly possible considering I cant even take my Bike out of storage for another month ish by how the weather has been where I live haha), I might end up with the BMC fairing, or get the JD fabs fairing and get someone local to fab up an upper fairing bracket since he doesnt have upper brackets for the dyna's apparently. I do like that the JD customs fairing is a bit cheaper than the BMC one. Also that I can get the 11" smoked clearview windscreen directly from JD vs having to buy another windscreen (im a tall guy and the stock 8" or 9" windshields just wont cut it for me). hmmmm. so many options hahaha.

The following users liked this post:
MSgt1371 (03-15-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 08:41 AM
CanadianStreetBob
Novice

Originally Posted by RollinLowDeluxe

my 08 with perfect fairing fxrt and jd fab light pods... i previously had devfab and not to beat a dead horse but stay away from them as far as possible. joe will tell u anything u wanna hear till u start having problems and trust me u will have problems.... first problem was the directions you get its a bunch of pics, second is actually getting the mounts to work. we had to refab every mount sent minus the main mount. even the main mount put the fairing pointing up. then the light cover looks like a monkey made it. you pay extra to get molded injection ummm nope its fiberglass, when i called joe out thats when he no longer wanted to communicate with me. so just my experience with this take it or leave it
Which actual fairing do you have on in these pictures then? I really like that style with the ability to put a 2 din display into the fairing. And besides BBC and Deviant fabs I havent seen another one like it.

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread