Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 05:59 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RollinLowDeluxe
my 08 with perfect fairing fxrt and jd fab light pods... i previously had devfab and not to beat a dead horse but stay away from them as far as possible. joe will tell u anything u wanna hear till u start having problems and trust me u will have problems.... first problem was the directions you get its a bunch of pics, second is actually getting the mounts to work. we had to refab every mount sent minus the main mount. even the main mount put the fairing pointing up. then the light cover looks like a monkey made it. you pay extra to get molded injection ummm nope its fiberglass, when i called joe out thats when he no longer wanted to communicate with me. so just my experience with this take it or leave it

Heard a lot of shady stuff about that guy over the years. Glad I went with RWD.
Awesome looking bike!

Old 03-06-2020, 09:56 AM
atomicdyna83
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

So glad I found this thread. Been wanting to get an fxrt fairing on my LRS for awhile now. Bunch of damn good looking bikes on her. Time to start scraping for a RWD fairing.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:33 PM
Chris Crud
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some beautiful bikes here. I love the style, and I’m sorry if this is covered before, but has anyone put an FXRT fairing on a Wide Glide? I’ve been looking around and can’t find anyone that makes a fairing for the wide glide front end. I’d like to go to the Fat Bob front end set up but I’d only do that if a fairing would fit. Any info and pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-23-2020, 08:26 AM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chris Crud
Some beautiful bikes here. I love the style, and I’m sorry if this is covered before, but has anyone put an FXRT fairing on a Wide Glide? I’ve been looking around and can’t find anyone that makes a fairing for the wide glide front end. I’d like to go to the Fat Bob front end set up but I’d only do that if a fairing would fit. Any info and pictures would be greatly appreciated!
Not mine, but here’s a FatBob with an FXRT fairing. Not sure what needed to be done to get it to fit , but I believe there was som bracket modification required. I’m pretty sure some trimming on the fairing itself would be required as well given the forks are wider.

The following users liked this post:
Chicago Ken (04-13-2020)
Old 03-23-2020, 10:36 AM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MSgt1371
Not mine, but here’s a FatBob with an FXRT fairing. Not sure what needed to be done to get it to fit , but I believe there was som bracket modification required. I’m pretty sure some trimming on the fairing itself would be required as well given the forks are wider.

Finally a good-looking fatbob!

Old 03-23-2020, 11:09 AM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 156 Likes on 100 Posts

Fat Bob looks sick! Steamroller for sure!

Old 03-23-2020, 07:14 PM
Chris Crud
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for posting this! I like it a lot and now I’m definitely leaning toward the fat bob front end on my wide glide

Old 04-08-2020, 02:25 PM
Fxdt
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A little late to the party, but here's my 07 Street Robert with RWD FXRT Fairing.

hey man I know it's a shot in the dark but bu chance do you still have this bike and can send some pics of how you mounted the turn signals under the fairing? If not do you remember how you did it? Also did you have the trim the fairing at all to fit the tank?

Old 04-08-2020, 09:15 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fxdt
hey man I know it's a shot in the dark but bu chance do you still have this bike and can send some pics of how you mounted the turn signals under the fairing? If not do you remember how you did it? Also did you have the trim the fairing at all to fit the tank?
Still have it. Looks a little different now. Here’s some pics of how the signals are mounted. Also, no trimming of the fairing required to clear the tank.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:43 PM
Fxdt
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still have it. Looks a little different now. Here’s some pics of how the signals are mounted. Also, no trimming of the fairing required to clear the tank.

What light pod is that? I have an 04 fxd and my pods have a 5/8" nut on them and mount to a male adapter under the hand controls. Looks like your pod would just have a 1/4" threaded male on it correct?

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread