Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 07:12 PM
mahagowitz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much!

Old 06-30-2019, 07:57 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

I’ve got the RWD sitting in my cart ready to pull the trigger....only reservation is negative effects on the bike.

How does the bike handle after install? Steering, turning/twisties? Get up and go? I feel like strapping 70lbs to the front of the bike can’t be good for performance....additionally, how do we feel about this fairing in the summer? In the cold winter I want all the wind off me, but in warmer months sometimes the breeze is more welcomed.

Im getting “older” and my muscles are aching after riding on the freeway a couple of hours straight. Trying to find a solution that’s cheaper than buying a new bagger 😬

Last edited by fxdx1985; 06-30-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:20 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master

Nobody in the FXRT/FXRP fairing thread has information on the performance of their bike with the FXRT/FXRP fairing?

Old 07-01-2019, 11:14 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
I’ve got the RWD sitting in my cart ready to pull the trigger....only reservation is negative effects on the bike.

How does the bike handle after install? Steering, turning/twisties? Get up and go? I feel like strapping 70lbs to the front of the bike can’t be good for performance....additionally, how do we feel about this fairing in the summer? In the cold winter I want all the wind off me, but in warmer months sometimes the breeze is more welcomed.

Im getting “older” and my muscles are aching after riding on the freeway a couple of hours straight. Trying to find a solution that’s cheaper than buying a new bagger 😬
Ive got the RWD Fairing on my bike, it sure as hell isn't 70lbs. Haven't noticed any difference in handling while riding in curves nor do I find it to be a hinderence while splitting lanes on the freeway. If you like to feel the wind on you in the summer...take it off.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:59 PM
708encore
Cruiser
Received 71 Likes on 33 Posts

Nobody in the FXRT/FXRP fairing thread has information on the performance of their bike with the FXRT/FXRP fairing?
I recently put an FXRT fairing on my 2018 Low Rider and for me it performs better than the batwing I had on my Electra Glide.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:07 AM
Blutx
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 06 super/midglide winter project...

Heres my 06 superglide fxrt, 6 speed 88cu fi, did it bc i had an 05 roadglide 2yrs ago w a 5 speed. I love this scoot. Came w the custom paint scheme and i did the fairing in my garage. Added the wheels ditched the **** spokes, have a long shot fld 2into1 in powdercoat for gloss black as we speak. Handles fine runs great. Gonna add either big conley bags next or the special fiberglass bags for a dyna next. I like loud music not pipes more. The weight is negligible will add updates as finished..

Old 07-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Blutx
2nd Gear
Default Tcmt fairing on ebay for 800 w hardware they make narrow-wideglide applications.

Originally Posted by cycler
Hoping someone can give a recommendation. If running a JD customs fairing. What would be the largest speakers without lots of modifications would anyone recommend. I searched around on this post and saw some installed 6.5 inch. Would 6 inch speakers be easier to install? And what recommendations could anyone give on a blue tooth set up and amp? I looked at the rockford fosgate power amp. I have that on my street glide along with the power 6 3/4 speakers up front and 6x9 in the speaker lids. I saw some installed a blue tooth module without head unit into their fxrt fairings. Where would be the best place to install an amp on the jd customs fairing? And lastly what wiring kits and amp install kits would anyone recommend? Unless someone can recommend a better fairing than the JD customs one. I read that Deviant was out of business. And when I looked at Vacant House over a year ago they were in business but now their site is down and they only have a facebook , and I think an instagram account so I dont know if they are still in business.

5.5" polk audios w kicker tweeters mounted inside the front wall...

The jvc mechless head unit has enough power that you can hear my audio clearly a block away. Level 32 before distortion when i do my bigger bags ill ad a small alpine amp for bag speakers... I have been in audio contests w bikes n cars... 05 roadglide took a couple first places.. Love a 6th gear... Next fxrp/ softail bagger...

Old 07-07-2019, 11:31 AM
fxdx1985
Road Master

What lowers is everyone running? How do they actually bolt up? Is there the ability to run a crash bar on a Dyna with the lowers?

Old 07-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Blutx
2nd Gear
Default 06 super fxrp dyna bagger...

Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master

Fairing arrived and taking it to paint tomorrow...leaning toward leaving the inside black and the outside red to match. Agree? Should I go all red inside too?

Tried to find some examples of black inside vs painted inside, but now many people posting pics of the inside of their fairings haah

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread