Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:45 AM
Hundskrüppel
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
picked mine up today. So far I really like it.

Your seat is very similar to the shape of the OEM FXRP seat, the spring seat of the original pursuit glide.
Goes well along with the proportions of the fairing !

Old 09-22-2017, 08:30 AM
DynaTiki
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered my fairing and lower kit from JD, it should be coming in the mail today. I'm just curious now because I didn't do much research prior, but I'm assuming it doesn't come with a headlight bucket for the factory 5.75" headlight. I just bought a knock-off 5.75" daymaker only to assume that it's not going to fit, and I'm going to have to buy the headlight bucket separately and a 7" headlight now, is this a correct assumption?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:15 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaTiki
I just ordered my fairing and lower kit from JD, it should be coming in the mail today. I'm just curious now because I didn't do much research prior, but I'm assuming it doesn't come with a headlight bucket for the factory 5.75" headlight. I just bought a knock-off 5.75" daymaker only to assume that it's not going to fit, and I'm going to have to buy the headlight bucket separately and a 7" headlight now, is this a correct assumption?
I had to go with a 7" headlight on my bike. Puts out a ton of light too with an led lamp in it.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:37 AM
DynaTiki
1st Gear

Finally opened up my fairing package this afternoon. Took about 2-3 hours a few beers and pizza but looks good so far. Gonna make a trip to HD in the morning to buy my 7" headlight to finish it off for Oyster Run this Sunday. The lower fairings are going to have to wait until after, when I have enough patience to fit them perfectly.

The following users liked this post:
CLukens (10-04-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 05:16 AM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to go with a 7" headlight on my bike. Puts out a ton of light too with an led lamp in it.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:06 PM
dirtbag32
Tourer

Does anyone know what lowers will fit a Russ Wernimont fairing? I've tried to match up a JD Customs lowers and didn't fit right. Not even close...I'd have to cut the crap out of them to get them to fit. It would have weakened up the integrity of the lower fairing.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:16 PM
SSteve_SSteve
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill have a RWD fairing in the next week or so and I'm looking to see what y'all suggest as far as a speaker system. What size speakers is everybody running? Also, without trying to add a big single din or something like that, what are you doing as far as Bluetooth and being able to connect to a phone but still having a quality equalizer? Small amp with built in Bluetooth?

Old 09-30-2017, 11:50 AM
DynaTiki
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SSteve_SSteve
Ill have a RWD fairing in the next week or so and I'm looking to see what y'all suggest as far as a speaker system. What size speakers is everybody running? Also, without trying to add a big single din or something like that, what are you doing as far as Bluetooth and being able to connect to a phone but still having a quality equalizer? Small amp with built in Bluetooth?
With the RWD Fairing I’ve seen quite a few people using 6.5” speakers, however that’s pushing it a bit. Most of them I’ve seen using 5.5” though. As for a “small amp with built in Bluetooth, your best choices have to be either the Kicker PXiBT100.2 or the PXiBT50.2. If you’re on Instagram at all, you’d see that most people with a FXRT Fairing custom audio set up are running the Kicker BT Amp.

Myself on the other hand went with the marine grade Kenwood single din with 6.5” Alpine Speakers and hacked up my JDFab Fairing.

Last edited by DynaTiki; 09-30-2017 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Picture
Old 09-30-2017, 12:30 PM
MolonLabe1977
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With the RWD Fairing I’ve seen quite a few people using 6.5” speakers, however that’s pushing it a bit. Most of them I’ve seen using 5.5” though. As for a “small amp with built in Bluetooth, your best choices have to be either the Kicker PXiBT100.2 or the PXiBT50.2. If you’re on Instagram at all, you’d see that most people with a FXRT Fairing custom audio set up are running the Kicker BT Amp.

Myself on the other hand went with the marine grade Kenwood single din with 6.5” Alpine Speakers and hacked up my JDFab Fairing.

Sweet! Looks good. I'm getting ready to put a stereo system in my RWD. Do you have any close up pictures of your setup? In measuring, I didn't think the 6.5 would fit...

Old 09-30-2017, 12:38 PM
DynaTiki
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MolonLabe1977
Sweet! Looks good. I'm getting ready to put a stereo system in my RWD. Do you have any close up pictures of your setup? In measuring, I didn't think the 6.5 would fit...
To be honest, because of that little lip on the JDFab Fairing, it made it difficult to fit the 6.5”. It doesn’t enclose the speaker all the way around but I took that sacrifice knowing I’d fabricate the fairing to fit the speaker perfectly in the future. For now it sits a bit larger.

The following users liked this post:
MolonLabe1977 (09-30-2017)

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread