Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
Personally, if I spend THAT much money on a fairing, it had better come READY to install and with all hardware included. That's just crazy
Therefore, our fixed fairing kit is not for you Boostedboxer04. But if you want a the BEST made fairing, thats injection molded, fiber reinforced,BAKED not to warp, and GELCOATED when sent to you(As most seasoned builders and shops do), also the lightest and strongest fairing NOT talking about CF here... sure you've seen the videos. You can expect to pay $600 more on the FXRT/P, and $1100 more on the FXRD for the second best product... If those feature I mentioned are interesting to you, you may want to look at a Deviant Fabrications product. Something the builder has to weight...Not being arrogant here, just clear on what the product is, we are a manufacturer.
Thank you

Last edited by Jbco2; 08-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:13 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbco2
Therefore, our fixed fairing kit is not for you Boostedboxer04. But if you want a the BEST made fairing, thats injection molded, fiber reinforced,BAKED not to warp, and GELCOATED when sent to you(As most seasoned builders and shops do), also the lightest and strongest fairing NOT talking about CF here... sure you've seen the videos. You can expect to pay $600 more on the FXRT/P, and $1100 more on the FXRD for the second best product... If those feature I mentioned are interesting to you, you may want to look at a Deviant Fabrications product. Something the builder has to weight...Not being arrogant here, just clear on what the product is, we are a manufacturer.
Thank you

Any chance you can post up some pictures of your FXRD fairing in this thread? The only pics out there seem to be finished products, or the few on your webpage. Also since this is a "builder kit" in addition to hardware, what will we need? Ie., headlight, headlight bucket etc etc.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Sunday
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna
Any chance you can post up some pictures of your FXRD fairing in this thread? The only pics out there seem to be finished products, or the few on your webpage. Also since this is a "builder kit" in addition to hardware, what will we need? Ie., headlight, headlight bucket etc etc.
Unless something has changed very recently ( I was in contact with Deviant 2 weeks ago about purchasing an FXRD setup) you will need to purchase a headlight and a bucket which they offer for $375. Hardware will need to be purchased for the windshield and headlight lens also. I was sent a link for well nuts off of amazon for both. As far as hardware for the bracket I can't say. I'm curious too to see some unfinished products before I pull the trigger.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna
BMFCdyna,Sunday Thank you for your questions, those pictures you see are NOT finished products, this is how you actually receive the product...We market the best fairings not just as a claim, its due to the manufacturing processes we use. As mentioned above, injection molded FRP (Lighter and stronger with no visible raw fibers inside and NO bondo outside), Baked in THE MOLD so the fairing aerate and DOES NOT warp as many have had issues with after painting and bike sits in the sun... GEL COATED a gloss black, Although this finish is VERY attractive, and many have chosen to run the fairings this way... these fairings are intended to be painted. The GELCOAT finish is simply and industrial finish, NOT a show Finnish to preserve your NEW fairing for many years and facilitate paint prep other wise, it will be a VERY expensive process to prepare a fairing for proper paint, ask your painter...
Below are some pics of the fairings OUT OF THE MOLD, not painted yet.

Attached Thumbnails The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_4575.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_4576.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_4577.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_4578.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_0844.jpg  

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_5880.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_5876.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_5887.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_0354.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
BFMCdyna (08-28-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 12:46 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Default Modular "X" Bracket

Now for the second part of the question, we supply the fairing with a MODULAR bracket ,as you may know,our previous bracket design it the one copied by lower quality fairing suppliers. Although a little more involved, Deviant Fabrications chooses to include the Modular "X" Bracket with its kits. This ALL steel non invasive bracket (meaning NO DRILLING required) comes COMPLETE and READY to install with ALL BOLTS in place and ready to go. It is called a MODULAR bracket because it provides the flexibility of fairing positioning where the fairing looks best and needs to be. Bikes have different fork length, rake, wheel size etc...this bracket will allow you to position the fairing to achieve the desired look. How many FXRT/P fairing do you see with the headlight positioned too high, or too low.... too forward, or ... do a search and see for yourself. Now, the fairing is clearly marked behind the headlight for the main bracket 4 mounting holes... and that should get you to mount and position the fairing as desired on the bike, stand back, look at it... ALL OTHER holes (there are 8 for the support brackets dictated by final fairing position) need to be drilled AFTER this step... otherwise, you will have your painter filling in holes marketed as "predrilled". No such thing as a ONE SIZE fits ALL fairing, we have been doing this the longest and chose this way so your fairing looks correct.
For the last part of your question you will need to purchase YOU OWN hardware $6 from LOWES if you chose to go stainless SAE, the list is provided for you so you can choose between SAE and metric . Wellnuts an additional $5 link provided.
We Also provide you with a FREE bracket to mount your OE headlight if this is what you want to do, or we can SELL you a high quality LED haymaker light with a drop in very nice custom mounting bucket for a discounted $300 with the kit. I hope I was able to answer all your questions.
We are also NOT taking orders for fairings at this time.

https://www.deviantfabrications.com/pages/our-parts
Required Hardware

16 x hex head bolts with 2 medium sized washers and nylock nut each. ¾”x1/4 {6M x 20}
5 x Hex head bolts with 2 medium sized washers and nylock nut each. 2”x5/16 {8M x 50}
Tank bolt medium sized washers and nylock nut. 5" x 5/16 {8M x 125}
Well nuts, we choose to buy them off Amazon, but you can find them elsewhere,
Amazon Amazon

11 x Wellnuts for the windshiels and the light lens.
8x additional Wellnuts if you are running the light pods.

Attached Thumbnails The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_7645.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_7647.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_9775.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_9776.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_9777.jpg  

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_9778.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_9779.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Jbco2:
BFMCdyna (08-28-2017), Tall Timber (03-11-2018)
Old 08-15-2017, 07:09 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ordered my fairing and t bars today. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:28 PM
johnwesley
Tourer
Received 178 Likes on 112 Posts

Had a blast at the fxr show in Sturgis. Biggest turn out yet. Loved this bike. The fit and finish was great, the bags were nice and tight. Very well done.

Attached Thumbnails The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_2845.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_2837.jpg   The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread-img_2838.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
CLukens (10-04-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 07:35 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnwesley
Had a blast at the fxr show in Sturgis. Biggest turn out yet. Loved this bike. The fit and finish was great, the bags were nice and tight. Very well done.
I saw that pair of fxr's on Main Street. I was drooling all over them.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:43 PM
johnwesley
Tourer
Received 178 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
I saw that pair of fxr's on Main Street. I was drooling all over them.
Diffidently good looking bikes. If I'm not mistaken those are JDs pieces.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:36 AM
tgmotoman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Going to interesting to see if anyone tries to put these fairings on the new 2018 bikes.

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread