Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 01:15 AM
Bagged64
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nobody with mounting pics?

Old 04-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XjldX
My FXD/RT setup is a real mutt - I have a Conley's fairing, JD pursuit pods, USA Biker lowers, an old no-name chin spoiler from eBay, and DevFab fairing mounting hardware.

I also have a Kenwood Bluetooth amp tucked inside the fairing with a pair of 5" Polk Audio marine grade speakers.

I love the pocket of clean air that this setup offers and I think it looks alright too, haha! The only changes I plan to make from this point is a windshield with a little recurve for a little more bubble around me and a new headlight cover, as mine is cracked. I also want to replace the DevFab neck adapter with one from JD, because the DevFab one is one of the old cast aluminum ones and it cracked when I tried mount the fairing the first time. I think JD's is a better design and seems more solid than this one.
How do you like that Kenwood amp? I'm about to install one this weekend

Old 04-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Kongbastard
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have any opinions about the Russ Wernimont FXRT Fairing? It looks like a hell of a deal but it also seems to have less of an inner fairing than the other ones. Which isn't really a problem unless I decide to run a stereo, but I might want to.

Last edited by Kongbastard; 04-11-2016 at 07:04 PM. Reason: unfinished
Old 04-22-2016, 07:51 PM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jiml53

Beautiful bike!

Old 04-24-2016, 11:07 PM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
I myself am scared of the buffeting. Every darn shield I had buffeted the hell out of me

Except for a ness in the proper position

Get a recurve screen though. Better chance of no buffeting

I stalk this thread hoping a 6'4 person does this swap and gives a ride report
I am also 6'4" and have not had any buffeting with the HD 1/4 fairing regardless of whether I wear a full face or open face helmet. There is a lot more wind in my face with the fairing than without a fairing but a lot less on my chest.

Old 04-25-2016, 12:54 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 482 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Kongbastard
Does anybody have any opinions about the Russ Wernimont FXRT Fairing? It looks like a hell of a deal but it also seems to have less of an inner fairing than the other ones. Which isn't really a problem unless I decide to run a stereo, but I might want to.
mines RWD. i ended up trimming the straight edges to flow with the tank/they were rubbing, but it seems very high quality so far. also had the "vents" fiberglassed shut....will have more pics after paint....
Name:  image_zpsdiai0cxl.jpeg
Views: 6115
Size:  485.2 KB
Name:  image_zpsqi3aeb5f.jpeg
Views: 5918
Size:  284.7 KB
Name:  image_zpspnckefhp.jpeg
Views: 6466
Size:  226.7 KB

The following users liked this post:
Jaycuzzy (09-04-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 12:47 PM
sLow5Rider
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anybody have a picture of how the JD Fab neck clamp is installed? I've only seen the mounts that attach to the mounting holes. Curious to see how the neck clamp works.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone seen any of the aftermarket T/P fairings on a Dyna with 6" risers or lower? I'm thinking of changing my setup and am trying to think about clearance issues. I've got 4" straight risers and Big Al's bars on my FXR, which I love, but the geometry on the Dyna is slightly different.

I currently run 9.5 pullbacks with Big Al's bars and a BMC fairing. I'd love to run some 4"-5" pullbacks (prefer the pullback on a Dyna vs straight for FXR) with similar bars behind my fairing. I like the look of the taller risers, but with the distances I am riding these days I know I'd be more comfortable with lower bars. Plus everyone has tall bars these days and I'm looking to switch it up a bit. If anyone has tried or seen anything, or has pictures, let me know.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2016, 10:05 PM
are6rider
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm getting ready to do this setup on my FXDB and I'm tossed between the Vacant House and BMC. The only real difference that I'm curious about is how the VH light sits out front versus the BMC (and other styles) sits the headlight behind a clear shield. I kind of like the VH way of installing the light and I like their audio setup, but how do you guys like the light out front versus behind the clear shield?

Old 05-07-2016, 12:11 AM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

I Have the VH so i never ran with the shield up front but the led headlight they include is BRIGHT its made by rigidindustries they make alot of offroad leds

VH told me i can switch to a clear shield for the OG look but id have to get a regular halogen light as the included led light sticks out a little more

Quick Reply: The FXRT / FXRP "Style" Dyna Fairing Thread