Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Tritty
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you that raised your bars, how much slack did you find in the cables? I got 7.5" tall bars and 1.5" risers. The stock risers are around 5.5" with a flat bar. So my new setup should be around 3.5" taller. But I'm thinking about going 4" total more narrow so around 2" per side. Just wondering if anyone who's done their bars needed to extend the fly by wire and other controls? By my calculations I need around 2" of slack in the stock wires.

Old 05-13-2016, 03:27 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Tritty
For those of you that raised your bars, how much slack did you find in the cables? I got 7.5" tall bars and 1.5" risers. The stock risers are around 5.5" with a flat bar. So my new setup should be around 3.5" taller. But I'm thinking about going 4" total more narrow so around 2" per side. Just wondering if anyone who's done their bars needed to extend the fly by wire and other controls? By my calculations I need around 2" of slack in the stock wires.
Plenty of wiring slack. Clutch cable is tightest, brake second. 8" total rise currently on mine, and my clutch cable is pretty much at the limit. Brake may be able to squeeze another inch or two.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Tritty
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'll hold off on ordering any extensions then. I'll post pics of how it looks when I'm done.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:47 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,210 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by deewright
Owners manual, where can I get one of those from.
You need to hammer your dealer, it is part of the package.

But, that pic I posted for you is right from the HD website, brother.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:54 AM
SlowriderInOz
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Engine Temps

I decided to log some engine temperatures today. I plugged in the FP3 and stuck my iPhone onto the inside of the speed screen with some strong velcro to see the numbers.
My drive train is stock with the stock ECU map and only around 250 miles on it.
This is what I recorded.
At 70mph with no traffic. 235 - 245F
at 50mph or following a car 251F
At idle after about 1hour of riding the temp went up to 280F.
EITMS was disabled.

I'll do some more runs after run in and turn the EITMS on to see what temp it cuts in.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowriderInOz
I decided to log some engine temperatures today. I plugged in the FP3 and stuck my iPhone onto the inside of the speed screen with some strong velcro to see the numbers.
My drive train is stock with the stock ECU map and only around 250 miles on it.
This is what I recorded.
At 70mph with no traffic. 235 - 245F
at 50mph or following a car 251F
At idle after about 1hour of riding the temp went up to 280F.
EITMS was disabled.

I'll do some more runs after run in and turn the EITMS on to see what temp it cuts in.
Good info! I'm keeping mine stock (at least for the time being) and was wondering about the temps. Looks like a jagg oil cooler is called for. Looking at a fan assisted frame mounted unit for best cooling performance.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Gearhead88
Tourer
Received 121 Likes on 80 Posts

I've had mine just over a week , not a lot of miles on it yet due to working , weather and changing up a few items . In the three hours or so that I have spent riding it , I have noticed that it does run hot.

I have ordered an oil cooler and plan on having it tuned after break in / first service.
I've got a Screamin Eagle super tuner set aside for that .

So far I'm really enjoying the bike , handling , power , ride quality and looks !!

As mentioned , I've done a few minor changes.......

Screamin Eagle slip on mufflers , I did not want it to be too loud , the level and sound quality is just right.
I bought an accessory seat from my dealer to use when needed , the low profile leather one they used on CVO Dyna's.
Added passenger pegs .
I bought the highway peg mount kit too , that stuff is at the powder coaters right now.
Changed the stock offset footpegs to straight up 0 offset , nothing fancy , just standard issue Harley rubber pegs is fine with me.
Smoked signal lenses and amber bulbs up front.
Flush mount black fuel caps.
Ribbed clutch cover and timer cover.
I bought one of those licence plate brackets from Great bike Gear , modified it a bit , painted it textured black and installed it with a small L.E.D. tail/brake light . In Canada , these bikes come with a not so attractive licence plate / tail light arrangement , it still has the signal light/ running light/ brake lights that are standard issue , they're just moved back on to the new licence plate bracket. It looks much better now.
I've also installed docking hardware so I can use the gloss black sissy bar / backrest that I bought with my accessory package.

I'm gonna get out and ride this weekend.

Last edited by Gearhead88; 05-14-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:53 AM
cudacrazy73
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have ordered an oil cooler and plan on having it tuned after break in / first service.
I've got a Screamin Eagle super tuner set aside for that . I'm doing the oil cooler @ first service also. Does our bike come stock with the SE tuner? That's what my dealer said...

So far I'm really enjoying the bike , handling , power , ride quality and looks !!

I bought an accessory seat from my dealer to use when needed , the low profile leather one they used on CVO Dyna's. I almost got that same seat Can't wait to see how it would have looked.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:20 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

I bought and installed a new seat. I put on a Mustand Wide Tripper with matching passenger pillion. I ordered it with the diamond stitch pattern. The passenger pillion is a little wider than the fender but the wife likes it so it stays. It definitely moved me back 2+ inches which is good for my long arms and legs.

Name:  31356.jpeg
Views: 827
Size:  139.4 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
31356.jpeg (139.4 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by djorgensen3; 05-14-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:23 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Name:  20160513_164315.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  272.4 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20160513_164315.jpg (272.4 KB, 72 views)

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S