Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Yukon42
Just observing how so many HD bikes are coming stock with an oil cooler these days as my 14 Ultra classic with the 103. Just have to wonder why they wouldn't install one at the factory on the LR S. Can't imagine that the 110 puts out less heat than the HO 103. Anyone installing an oil cooler, if so which one?
I can't believe it either. My bike shuts down at anything longer than one minute at a light. I'm buying the Dyna oil cooler, page 560 in the HD catalog.
I'm also gonna get a new exhaust and tune right b4 the 1k mile service.
Can't decide between the PV, SEST, FM or something else...

Cheers/b

Old 05-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Burningcoals
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just locked up the next LR-S that comes in next week at my dealer! I have a 2015 SB that I am going to trade in.

I sat down with the parts guy, and started mapping out my mods with the SB, lots of black parts to replace chrome, motor build just turned into buy a crate motor and install. In the end I am sure I would be happy with a 117kit LRS. I also wanted the FBW and cruise. Really it turned out to be a better deal to just upgrade to a LRS then build my SB.

I really want a 2-1 slant in black, don't like the look of D&D, love the look of the RSD Slant but don't like its power curve compared to D&D. Thinking about SPF Highpipe, but want it in black and its in stainless. Probably will miss the dual pipe sound, but going for all out performance on this build. I really don't like Thunderheader look either.

Really considering a 117 kit right out of the gate. I also want to powder coat the wheels black.

Love this thread, lots of cool ideas!

Last edited by Burningcoals; 05-09-2016 at 10:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tracerbok (07-18-2017)
Old 05-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Eblank8
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Benito
I can't believe it either. My bike shuts down at anything longer than one minute at a light. I'm buying the Dyna oil cooler, page 560 in the HD catalog.
I'm also gonna get a new exhaust and tune right b4 the 1k mile service.
Can't decide between the PV, SEST, FM or something else...

Cheers/b
The tune should do more to cool the bike than an oil cooler when sitting at a light. I would guess they are super lean, just like most HDs out of the factory.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:27 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

Anyone want to sell me there "s" model fairing

Old 05-10-2016, 02:11 AM
randyp
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I really love the look of this bike. Plus it has cruise control and other goodies.

Can anyone that has ridden this and a fat bob compare their handling and upper body rider position (I know this S is a mid peg). Seriously thinking about one of these.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:16 AM
SlowriderInOz
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by randyp
I really love the look of this bike. Plus it has cruise control and other goodies.

Can anyone that has ridden this and a fat bob compare their handling and upper body rider position (I know this S is a mid peg). Seriously thinking about one of these.
I was given a new fatbob today as a loan bike while my LR S was in to get forward controls fitted. Not much of a test but I think the upper body position is much the same, the FB bars might be a bit wider and the seat has a bit more padding and back support. The suspension on the LR S is much firmer than the FB. If I had an FB the fork springs and shocks would have to be replaced immediately, way too soft.

randyp (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 04:20 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by randyp

I had 13K miles on my 2013 FB when I traded last month for my LRS. I loved the handling and riding position of the FB. I like the LRS more. The FB is a little better for longer rides on the highway. The LRS is much better for hills and curves

randyp (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 11:42 AM
halfgate
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im running the fp3 on my fxdls so far so good! the auto tune works awessome. and there is a decel pop reducing feature built right in

Old 05-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Kilsean
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How do you guys feel about the seat on the FXDLS? Mine was killing me. Just bought a mustang solo seat. Hopefully that works. I tried the HD bad lander, it was better but after a 200 mile ride I decided it had to go.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:38 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,203 Likes on 3,377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kilsean
How do you guys feel about the seat on the FXDLS? Mine was killing me. Just bought a mustang solo seat. Hopefully that works. I tried the HD bad lander, it was better but after a 200 mile ride I decided it had to go.
It's funny how different we all are! I just put the Leather Badlander on, and I freaking hate it. I like the stock seat! I am going to get a passenger pillion for momma, and call it a day. To contradict myself, I am going to look at the C&C, too.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S