Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

As many of you already know the bike is real. I saw the brochure at my dealer this week. $16.699 price tag. Ive been hard on Harley lately about most of there line up being boring but I must say I really like were they went with this bike. I know some don't like the chopped rear fender,but I do. I think the thinking behind it is a fast blacked out Specialty Low rider with a big 110 motor, chop the fender to save weight from adding the little fairing up front plus it shows more of the rear tire. I actually like the color combo its like a brass bronze color accents. This is Probably not going to be one of the most popular comments about the bike but they definitely styled it after the big club style craze and SOA . I personally like that they took the Low Rider and blacked it out and put it on steroids with the 110ci gave it that front fairing for cutting the wind and the T bars for amazing control. This bike just says built for fast riding to me!! I might just buy it! But the only little downside with these S bikes is most likely for 2017 all the bikes will have 110ci engines and the CVO 's will have 117ci. So as I think the price is ok for this bike its not Great because all the standard bikes next year at there standard prices will have the 110ci..

Last edited by Zakk13; 01-21-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:03 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Meh, I'm not crazy about the color scheme (I really dislike gold/bronze) but the overall theme is kewl enough. Not enough to entice me to trade, though.

It appears that Victory and H-D might be in an engine CC war.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:28 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,295 Likes on 1,702 Posts

The dealers in my area will have it marked up at least $4K over msrp since it's a limited production...and not budge on the price.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBRob
The dealers in my area will have it marked up at least $4K over msrp since it's a limited production...and not budge on the price.
I hate when dealers do that. With cars and bikes. Sell the Dam thing for MSRP!!!! They wont get my money if they do that that's for sure!!!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

Like were their going with this S line.
Have to say 26 grand for the soft tail is crack head nuts.

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 01-22-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:18 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Don't see anything special, personally, other than a paint scheme this is just a "what's in the parts bin" slap-together. With what the dealers are definitely going to upcharge you for the "privelege" of owning one, I'd just buy a standard LR and used the money saved to make something better than this. Just my opinion. Though I will say, I am a fan of the gold(?) wheels, would look pretty nice with all white tins IMO...

Old 01-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Don't see anything special, personally, other than a paint scheme this is just a "what's in the parts bin" slap-together. With what the dealers are definitely going to upcharge you for the "privelege" of owning one, I'd just buy a standard LR and used the money saved to make something better than this. Just my opinion. Though I will say, I am a fan of the gold(?) wheels, would look pretty nice with all white tins IMO...
I do agree with you. I'm a big critic of Harley lately not coming out with anything new. And they definitely did reach in the parts bin for this bike. Lol. But with that being said I actually like the parts they threw together this time with this bike. I just love the idea of a blacked out fast Dyna and I love the the bronze color with the black. At $16,699 the price isn't too bad still and wish it was less. But if Harley and or dealers let the bike get to there head and charge more when it officially comes out I wont buy it. I do wonder if there is going to be at least 1 or 2 more paint options besides black on the tines. I'm suspecting maybe not because of the bronze wheels. Maybe Denim black or white but other then that there isn't any other colors that would go with those rims.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Jumper1
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not a fan.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:55 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

What does a standard low rider sell for? Honestly for what you get $17k doesn't sound that outrages to me at all. Everyone has been bitching about the substandard single front disk that comes on the Dynas and they've answered that. For that price you also get a 110"(easily built to 113" without case boring) with a great starting point set of heads. And the 2" over front end is another bonus. Everyone was bitching about the crappy suspension on these bike, sure it's not top notch stuff but could you imagine trying to design a bike for male/ female from 16 years old to 80 while keeping it affordable? Of course it's gonna need to be fit to whoever buys it but every model does. I think it's cool, but yea I'm expecting it to be going for north of $20k here with dealer mark up

Old 01-22-2016, 05:51 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
What does a standard low rider sell for? Honestly for what you get $17k doesn't sound that outrages to me at all. Everyone has been bitching about the substandard single front disk that comes on the Dynas and they've answered that. For that price you also get a 110"(easily built to 113" without case boring) with a great starting point set of heads. And the 2" over front end is another bonus. Everyone was bitching about the crappy suspension on these bike, sure it's not top notch stuff but could you imagine trying to design a bike for male/ female from 16 years old to 80 while keeping it affordable? Of course it's gonna need to be fit to whoever buys it but every model does. I think it's cool, but yea I'm expecting it to be going for north of $20k here with dealer mark up
I'm with you on this. The suspension is not top notch quality, but atleast they are doing something and didn't stick with the old suspension.

Where did you see the front end is +2 over?

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S