Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 08:53 PM
Relbus
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I ended up getting another left side stalk - it's about 1/2" shorter then the standard one. I figure it'll look better then the long ones. Anyway, it's going on Friday, so I'll post photos. Was dying to do it tonight, but I decided since I have my dyno appt tomorrow I didn't want to jeopardize that in case I screwed anything up!
Got the part number for the left stalk or is the p/n you gave me before? Ever since someone else mentioned using the shorter stalk I have been thinking of trying the same thing. Anxious to see your pics. You putting your leatherpro's on too?

Old 04-27-2016, 09:22 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Relbus
Got the part number for the left stalk or is the p/n you gave me before? Ever since someone else mentioned using the shorter stalk I have been thinking of trying the same thing. Anxious to see your pics. You putting your leatherpro's on too?
Here is the P/N off the box: 67800632 - the one I gave before is the longer one (right side)

And yes, the LeatherPros go on for sure.

The following users liked this post:
Relbus (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 10:07 PM
cudacrazy73
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have 3 fxdls bikes in my province (Manitoba) just seen one of the other bikes stranded in the middle of the highway as I was passing by. Tried getting to him to see what was up but he was gone. Anyone having any issues? I'm hopping he just ran out of gas :/

Old 04-28-2016, 03:15 AM
Fr8dawg
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cudacrazy73
We have 3 fxdls bikes in my province (Manitoba) just seen one of the other bikes stranded in the middle of the highway as I was passing by. Tried getting to him to see what was up but he was gone. Anyone having any issues? I'm hopping he just ran out of gas :/
Lets be honest... Yeah, its a new model bike. BUT, its a "parts bin" bike, meaning it is simply made from stuff HD has been manufacting for years. Theres really not any single new system on this bike! Saying that, I would say the FXDLS is every bit as reliable as any newer model Harley. Mine has 2100 trouble free miles so far!

The following users liked this post:
cudacrazy73 (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 07:39 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,209 Likes on 3,381 Posts

Originally Posted by Fr8dawg
Lets be honest... Yeah, its a new model bike. BUT, its a "parts bin" bike, meaning it is simply made from stuff HD has been manufacting for years. Theres really not any single new system on this bike! Saying that, I would say the FXDLS is every bit as reliable as any newer model Harley. Mine has 2100 trouble free miles so far!
Is the ETC straight from one of the touring models?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:35 AM
deewright
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mount plate and sissybar

Hi all, due to collect my ride on Saturday. The dealership has not been able to fit the USA version of the side mount plate and also the detachable sissy bar kit.
There appears to be a fitment problem with items that Harley said would fit.
I just wonder how the American version has the side plate fitted ?
It looks like I will have to put up with the EU plate over the back wheel for now.
The other issue is, I only want the sissy bar to attach a bag, any ideas how I can achieve this without
fitting one.
Looking forward to Saturday anyway.
Thanks Guys
Dee

Old 04-28-2016, 12:24 PM
Relbus
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

The side plate attaches using the left side tail light stalk. The bracket gets sandwiched between the strut and the tail light stalk. The version shown on the HD site does mount in the same fashion as the OEM plate bracket on the FXDLS.

Old 04-29-2016, 03:09 AM
dibdob69
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fr8dawg
So which bike does the exhaust come off ?

Old 04-29-2016, 03:23 AM
Fr8dawg
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dibdob69
So which bike does the exhaust come off ?
Fat Bob

Old 04-29-2016, 04:11 AM
Renardfx
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funy to see that main of the US guys want to relocate thier plate on the fender, while us European guys are relocating the plate on the side!
I will post picture of my relocated plate tomorrow if it can help.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S