Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:49 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,210 Likes on 3,382 Posts

I hate to say it, but I think my S needs some chrome Renegade Bridgeport wheels. I just can't do black wheels, anymore.

Last edited by NorthWestern; 04-23-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:36 AM
Chonk
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Just finally picked up my new S today.

Did you all get an owner's manual that included the S or was it for the standard Dyna line?

Mines just a standard Dyna lone with no mention of the S.

Thanks.

Chonk

Old 04-23-2016, 01:56 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,210 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonk
Just finally picked up my new S today.

Did you all get an owner's manual that included the S or was it for the standard Dyna line?

Mines just a standard Dyna lone with no mention of the S.

Thanks.

Chonk
Mine is for the Dyna as well but spells out specs for the S like cruise, switches, lube etc

Old 04-23-2016, 06:19 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Mine is for the Dyna as well but spells out specs for the S like cruise, switches, lube etc
This. Mostly Dyna with call outs for S specific functions.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Chonk
Cruiser

Bummer, looks like my dealer didn't give me the right manual.

I may have a hard time getting a new one considering the dealer has asked me not to come back after they scratched the tank of the bike I had not even taken home once (went straight into shop for work) and I demanded a perfect tank. Oh well.

Hopefully I can get that manual...

Chonk

Old 04-23-2016, 11:35 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Bummer, looks like my dealer didn't give me the right manual.

I may have a hard time getting a new one considering the dealer has asked me not to come back after they scratched the tank of the bike I had not even taken home once (went straight into shop for work) and I demanded a perfect tank. Oh well.

Hopefully I can get that manual...

Chonk
They asked you not to come back after they damaged your new bike? Who told you that? The service manager? Did you talk to the GM of the dealer? If so then itsounds like a call to the regional manager of HD Corporate is in order...

That's just ridiculous. My dealer is accommodating, pleasant and helpful in every regard, sales, service and parts departments.

Last edited by Mchad; 04-23-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Chonk
Cruiser

Yeah, the GM and sales manager met me outside during delivery yesterday and were very polite but said that since I was so demanding in how the tank should be fixed they fear that any possible damage in the future will be a big deal. This was after an e-mail that I sent to them emphasizing that I expected the bike to be pristine at least one moment in my ownership.

History:
I sat on the bike and showed the sales manager that the new bike was getting scratched sitting in shop waiting for parts. He really felt bad and right away said he'd take care of it. Sales manager agreed that one scratch could not be buffed out so he offered right off the bat to swap out the tank with another new bike.

Later I spoke to the GM and he backpedaled and said maybe buff or repaint.

After this conversation I sent them a "reminder" e-mail about what I expected. I told them I didn't want it buffed unless they could prove they didn't burn through clearcoat. The repaint had appeared to be their recent best offer and I said I'd prefer factory paint and I needed the bike to go on my trip in what is about 3 weeks from now and the bike only has 12 miles on it.

Apparently when I sent that little "reminder" e-mail about their earlier verbal promise I think someone got in trouble since all their e-mails get distributed around the entire shop.

They swapped out the tank so now I can't go back.

Shame too because once I have had the bike a bit I am not that bad amout shop damage, probably more lenient than most but I want the bike new just one time.

The other issue is that they did not do work they promised they'd do and somewhere I have a set of EBC pads that were never installed.

Kinda sucks.

Chonk

Last edited by Chonk; 04-23-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Iscariott
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, the GM and sales manager met me outside during delivery yesterday and were very polite but said that since I was so demanding in how the tank should be fixed they fear that any possible damage in the future will be a big deal. This was after an e-mail that I sent to them emphasizing that I expected the bike to be pristine at least one moment in my ownership.

History:
I sat on the bike and showed the sales manager that the new bike was getting scratched sitting in shop waiting for parts. He really felt bad and right away said he'd take care of it. Sales manager agreed that one scratch could not be buffed out so he offered right off the bat to swap out the tank with another new bike.

Later I spoke to the GM and he backpedaled and said maybe buff or repaint.

After this conversation I sent them a "reminder" e-mail about what I expected. I told them I didn't want it buffed unless they could prove they didn't burn through clearcoat. The repaint had appeared to be their recent best offer and I said I'd prefer factory paint and I needed the bike to go on my trip in what is about 3 weeks from now and the bike only has 12 miles on it.

Apparently when I sent that little "reminder" e-mail about their earlier verbal promise I think someone got in trouble since all their e-mails get distributed around the entire shop.

They swapped out the tank so now I can't go back.

Shame too because once I have had the bike a bit I am not that bad amout shop damage, probably more lenient than most but I want the bike new just one time.

The other issue is that they did not do work they promised they'd do and somewhere I have a set of EBC pads that were never installed.

Kinda sucks.

Chonk

Is that somewhere their shop?

Old 04-23-2016, 12:38 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 907 Likes on 587 Posts

How's that measurement coming? Lol. Just a friendly reminder, I figured after what you drank last night you needed a reminder Hahahaha.

Originally Posted by Mchad
If I remember tomorrow, I can measure from the pegs to the bars. But then, I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. And I'm two martinis, three grappas, and four beers into it so far tonight lol.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:24 PM
dibdob69
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Bit late to the party really, Just found this tread so I thought id put up a picture of my Low Rider S.

Got the bike just over a week ago, Put a fender bib on the rear and a small bag on the bars behind the fairing.

Today I changed the air cleaner as the cone was not my style, Fitted rear pegs and a double seat so I can take the better half out for the occasional ride but I will keep the solo seat on most of the time.

Sold my Slim last year and bought a S/H Super Glide, Loved it so looked at getting a Street Bob but the local HD dealer pointed me to this and I love it

Name:  13059893_10209018035986274_1960530637_n_zps4i8hj4z8.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  98.6 KB

Last edited by dibdob69; 04-23-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S