Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 12:00 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by rockon
Not sure if this has been covered yet...

I believe the back panel on the fairing can be easily removed, but have any of you guys actually rolled without that panel? Seems I could at least stuff a hat or something behind the fairing....or is it too flimsy without that backing?
Panel is the mount. Can't use the fairing without it. I don't think at least... I'll dig mine out to take a look.

Last edited by Mchad; 04-22-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Lorddaftbiker
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rockon,

I removed the fairing on my S last night to adjust the headlight. I left the panel on. The panel does not connect to the fairing. The fairing/panel assembly is supported by two brackets. One hangs from the bottom of the top triple tree by two bolts. It supports the panel and the top of the fairing. The other bracket sits on top of the lower triple tree. It holds two rubber grommets that protrusions on the bottom of the fairing slide into, like the side panels on a lot of old Hondas. I didn't do it, but it looks like you can simply unbolt the panel from the top bracket and remove it. Then you'll just have to rig something off the exposed part of the top bracket to hold your hat.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Lorddaftbiker
Rockon,

I removed the fairing on my S last night to adjust the headlight. I left the panel on. The panel does not connect to the fairing. The fairing/panel assembly is supported by two brackets. One hangs from the bottom of the top triple tree by two bolts. It supports the panel and the top of the fairing. The other bracket sits on top of the lower triple tree. It holds two rubber grommets that protrusions on the bottom of the fairing slide into, like the side panels on a lot of old Hondas. I didn't do it, but it looks like you can simply unbolt the panel from the top bracket and remove it. Then you'll just have to rig something off the exposed part of the top bracket to hold your hat.
There you go. Guess I don't have to dig..

Old 04-22-2016, 06:25 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 907 Likes on 587 Posts

digging those bars Mchad, Lindby?

Old 04-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
digging those bars Mchad, Lindby?
Yeah, a Linbar. Had them on the past three Dyna's. First in black! Best looking "drop" bars IMO. Thanks!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:36 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

I love the look of that bar, but being eff'n vertically challenged I'd have trouble stretching my legs out to reach it. I was thinking of grabbing a length of pvc and attach it to the downtubes, just to see how far away it might be.

Originally Posted by Mchad

Yeah, a Linbar. Had them on the past three Dyna's. First in black! Best looking "drop" bars IMO. Thanks!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:43 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
I love the look of that bar, but being eff'n vertically challenged I'd have trouble stretching my legs out to reach it. I was thinking of grabbing a length of pvc and attach it to the downtubes, just to see how far away it might be.
If I remember tomorrow, I can measure from the pegs to the bars. But then, I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. And I'm two martinis, three grappas, and four beers into it so far tonight lol.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:09 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Nice, rub it in while some of us are still working. haha

If I remember tomorrow, I can measure from the pegs to the bars. But then, I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. And I'm two martinis, three grappas, and four beers into it so far tonight lol.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

...two martinis, three grappas, and four beers into it so far tonight lol.
Du bist ein Schnapsnase

Old 04-22-2016, 09:12 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Du bist ein Schnapsnase
I've been called worse...

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S