Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:07 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
dude...

you just painted the tank on the fxdl... you are out of control. you traded it in?

Old 04-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
dude...

you just painted the tank on the fxdl... you are out of control. you traded it in?
They "made me an offer I couldn't refuse..." on the trade value. But you are 100% correct. I have no reasonable defense of my lunacy.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Lorddaftbiker
I asked my salesman whether the stock computer will be programmable for new pipes, he's supposed to find out for me (ha!). A few have had the same thought in this thread, but does anybody know? Any accurate information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
It's an ECM just like the rest of them. I can't believe the sales guy had to ask about that. Makes me laugh how little some of them know about what they are selling. I'll be buying a new license for my PV soon.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,748 Likes on 829 Posts

Yep. They let me swap all the LED's (daymaker included) and they are putting the stock shocks back and will give me back my Ohlins rears. The fronts are a loss, but oh well. Kept the silly tallboy seat too. About all else is the LED tail light, but no need for it yet... I forgot to pull the fork brace, but I'd put a black one on this time, and power coating it will probably cost X lost to buying a new one anyway. Kept the LeatherPros too.
So are you putting the Ohlins on the new bike? The shocks on the S are worth a few bucks. Especially with very low mileage.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
So are you putting the Ohlins on the new bike? The shocks on the S are worth a few bucks. Especially with very low mileage.
Very likely, yes. The HD premium ones are ok, but there's no substitute for proper springs for your weight. And the Ohlins are excellent. I was at the dealer today picking up exhaust gaskets (in case I decide to violate my condo rules and put the supertrapp on myself), when the dealer GM came up to me asking how I liked the S. While talking about it, I threw an offer at him. I said it would make my FDXL that much more appealing to a buyer having the HD premium fork cartridges in it instead of the RaceTech Springs and emulators sprung for my 280lb fat ***. I said if they pick up the labor for the swap, I'd let them have the cartridges... He is going to check with the service manager tomorrow and we'll see. I doubt they'll do it, but it was worth the try. If not, I'll probably wait on the Ohlins NIX 22 cartridges if they ever get released and drop those in with the right springs...

And by the way, it SUCKED seeing my LR on the sales floor... But that feeling of despair quickly evaporated when the 110 turned over!

Last edited by Mchad; 04-10-2016 at 06:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MoRider (04-12-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 06:45 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Hell man, you're a trend-setter, you may very well be the first person to install a different fairing on the new-S
A trend-setter it is...
He also "may very well be the first person to install a"...Real 2-up seat without passenger pegs

btw, they call the person in back an end-sitter

Old 04-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
A trend-setter it is...
He also "may very well be the first person to install a"...Real 2-up seat without passenger pegs

btw, they call the person in back an end-sitter
It's a "Tallboy" seat FYI. Raises you up and moves you back 2" in each direction. If you are tall, you may find it a real improvement in comfort. It's use has nothing to do with the passenger seat. Just so you are clear on that... And the pegs are coming too, don't you worry about it. Not that I ever have a passenger. But its like my response when someone askes me "why do you need a gun?"

"I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it" guns and passenger seats - same concept.

Last edited by Mchad; 04-10-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:58 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

It's a "Tallboy" seat FYI. Raises you up and moves you back 2" in each direction. If you are tall, you may find it a real improvement in comfort. It's use has nothing to do with the passenger seat. Just so you are clear on that... And the pegs are coming too, don't you worry about it. Not that I ever have a passenger. But its like my response when someone askes me "why do you need a gun?"

"I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it" guns and passenger seats - same concept.
I'm not too worried...I think you'll get it worked out

Old 04-10-2016, 11:16 PM
blackfriar
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I am enjoying all the information and opinions about the bike, but I am looking forward to riding it. I picked mine up on March 29, rode 50 miles and put it in the garage. We have had two snow events and otherwise lousy weather since. It looks like Thursday I will be able to start putting on those break-in miles and get some decent pictures.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:28 PM
bp299
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some mods done.
Street slammer bars, Le Pera daddy long leg seat, Bassani exhaust, lower profile cleaner, fwd controls, swing arm bag, burst grips, & black diamond gas cap and fuel gauge, and changed out the gloss primary cover.
waiting on a bigger fairing

The following users liked this post:
Foreboding (09-19-2016)

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S