Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:18 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Yeah, the wheels are killing me. I am torn. I am so over the full blackout, but I don't want chrome. I may have mine PCd gunmetal, or some such thing. Would love to see pics of your blackies
I went from a completely blacked out SG to a mixed FXDB to the chromed out Road Glide in my sig. Yeah, I hated the chrome. Mainly because I always felt compelled to wash it all the time to keep the chrome in good shape. The black bike got washed when it got washed. No worse for wear.

I can't wait for another completely powdercoated blacked out bike. Rain, shine, coast, mountains, whatever and I won't care. It's gonna be awesome.

I'll post some pics when I get it. Waiting on the powder coater at the moment...

Name:  DSC01554.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  202.5 KB

Name:  null-3.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  270.9 KB

Old 04-10-2016, 07:51 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

JCleary
What's going on with the "finish" on that T-Header? Looks good...closer match to the machine finish parts (wheels, slider, trees,etc)

Old 04-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,748 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Thanks man! It was a surprise to me as well. Though Suede would probably disagree.
Mchad, it's not just Suede who would disagree. As a matter of fact you may be the only one following this thread that is shocked at your move. Hey, God made money to be spent on fun stuff. You cannot take with with you!
Enjoy it and good luck!
BTW which dealer made you the good deal?

Old 04-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Cobre Slim
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone tell me what cams these are running?

I have one on order; already got a Sawicki speed pipe, and JD custom fairing coming... just trying to figure out if I'll want to swap cams, and of course the bars gotta go.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^SE-255 cam... Great low end torque, that runs out of breath at around 4500 rpms, but I'm 100% happy with it.
G/L & Cheers, B

Old 04-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Cobre Slim
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Benito
^SE-255 cam... Great low end torque, that runs out of breath at around 4500 rpms, but I'm 100% happy with it.
G/L & Cheers, B
Cheers!

Old 04-10-2016, 03:01 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
JCleary
What's going on with the "finish" on that T-Header? Looks good...closer match to the machine finish parts (wheels, slider, trees,etc)
After I ground down the Thunderheader enough in right handers that a hole was forming, I took it to a custom header shop. Had them twist the collector and re-do the head pipes so that they were side by side. This allowed the first thing to drag to be the button on the foot peg.

Once they were done cutting and welding, I had them ceramic coat it in silver, so as to be less conspicuous. Not an original idea, I copied someone else. But trick none the less...

Last edited by JCleary; 04-10-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Mchad, it's not just Suede who would disagree. As a matter of fact you may be the only one following this thread that is shocked at your move. Hey, God made money to be spent on fun stuff. You cannot take with with you!
Enjoy it and good luck!
BTW which dealer made you the good deal?
Thanks Antonio. I agree. No wife, no kids, good job, low maintenance GF: What the hell else do I have to do with it...

It was Empire Harley in New Rochelle, NY. They are about 15-30 min (depending on traffic) north of the Whitestone Br off 95. My sales guy was helping another customer when I started looking at it so I dealt with the sales manager Pete. Good guy.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by hori
more pics of led light in fairing please
Here is the daymaker. I don't have any in the original fairing because I took it out and put my memphis shades cafe on instead. It's a little bigger and has the transparent shield vs. the solid black HD one.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Hell man, you're a trend-setter, you may very well be the first person to install a different fairing on the new-S

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S