Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Tanium
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I just ordered the Bassani Road Rage 2 for mine. It will get installed at the 1,000 mile service in 2 weeks. Noticed it is running hotter than Id like and its most likely the cats, I figured opening it up will boost it and get it to run a little cooler. Its been awesome though over the last 400 miles so far. Kicks for sure.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:00 PM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My friend picked one up at Nassau Harley in Bellmore Long Island. MSRP and a few dollars for the prep. Dude was happy with the price and happy I went with him to talk to the dealer on his behalf

Old 04-09-2016, 02:39 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,208 Likes on 3,381 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
My S arrived at the dealer and I had a look at it yesterday. As stated, the bars are way too low. So low, in fact, that they had to make new brackets to mount the blinkers on the bars. Getting replaced by 10" MX T-bars. The seat also kinda sucks, so that's going away, C&C Fastback going in its place.

And the wheels... Ugh. Yuck. Ugly. They look like olive drab with sparkles in the sun. Either Harley's stylist was blind, or the powder coater they used supplied bunk powder. It is an TERRIBLE color. My wheels are already off the bike and being coated black. It's unfortunate, I was hoping it was truly a gold color like in the pics that would more closely match some Ohlins upside down forks and piggy-back rear shocks. Alas, that is not to be.

Other than those items I think the bike overall is a home run. The missing ignition switch is way cool!
Yeah, the wheels are killing me. I am torn. I am so over the full blackout, but I don't want chrome. I may have mine PCd gunmetal, or some such thing. Would love to see pics of your blackies

Old 04-09-2016, 06:55 AM
DMonty
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
So you just pop the cover in the fender and there's a nut for the seat bolt? I think I fingered around under there and didn't feel one...?
There is a small strip on the solo seat that connects to a seat bolt. Just removed it from the more forward hole and put it into the rear one.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by DMonty
There is a small strip on the solo seat that connects to a seat bolt. Just removed it from the more forward hole and put it into the rear one.
Thanks. Yeah, looked it up on the parts fiche. Looks like I also need the 4 rubber pads as well. Going to head down to the dealer today to pick them up, along with the long stem mirrors and a couple exhaust gaskets for my supertrapp (on order). Also ordered T-Bars. Been using 8" Wild 1 chubbys on my last two Dyna's, but I'm going to try 10" this time, hoping the brake line will make it!

Am also replacing the fairing with a Memphis Shades Cafe, and putting my daymaker back in (which the dealer so graciously let me pul off mine before the trade in)

The following users liked this post:
Foreboding (09-26-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 09:02 AM
hori
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more pics of led light in fairing please

Old 04-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Lorddaftbiker
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I asked my salesman whether the stock computer will be programmable for new pipes, he's supposed to find out for me (ha!). A few have had the same thought in this thread, but does anybody know? Any accurate information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 04-09-2016, 01:28 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,294 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Well, I went this morning to look at the LRS at the local dealer and I got to tell ya', if I was a RUB, I'd take the hit on my perfectly good '14 LR that runs great and trade it in. lol

Damn, that bike looked, felt and sounded good...I think I came in my pants.

Their bike had a V&H black Comp exhaust added to it with supposedly (I don't trust or believe these crooks for one minute) a SE Pro Super Tuner and Dyno Tuned...they want $20K plus TT&L and their $995.00 dealer prep fee for the bike.

But, reality is I'm not gonna spend probably $11.5 or 12K for the difference...way too much dinero for me. I'd rather pay less than $10K OTD for a new 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S w/ABS and have a third bike in my stable to go out and play.

Last edited by SBRob; 04-09-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:28 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorddaftbiker
I asked my salesman whether the stock computer will be programmable for new pipes, he's supposed to find out for me (ha!). A few have had the same thought in this thread, but does anybody know? Any accurate information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Why wouldn't you be able to tune it?

Old 04-09-2016, 05:42 PM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
Well, I went this morning to look at the LRS at the local dealer and I got to tell ya', if I was a RUB, I'd take the hit on my perfectly good '14 LR that runs great and trade it in. lol

Damn, that bike looked, felt and sounded good...I think I came in my pants.

Their bike had a V&H black Comp exhaust added to it with supposedly (I don't trust or believe these crooks for one minute) a SE Pro Super Tuner and Dyno Tuned...they want $20K plus TT&L and their $995.00 dealer prep fee for the bike.

But, reality is I'm not gonna spend probably $11.5 or 12K for the difference...way too much dinero for me. I'd rather pay less than $10K OTD for a new 2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250S w/ABS and have a third bike in my stable to go out and play.
THIS makes sense to me.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S