Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 08:42 PM
ds33gt
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by zrx4me
there is a short road full of dips and potholes by embry riddle college and I didn't notice any lack of suspension or composure going through it.I was not too impressed with seat comfort,but overall the bike was the best dyna I ever rode.Tach is too low and a bar graph tach put in the fairing would be a great aftermarket item.If only it was a little cheaper,I would get one.The one thing that stands out with this bike is the stump pulling torque.roll ons in 2nd,3rd and 4th are amazing.I even noticed that the gearbox is smooth and shifting is great.
I would agree above, best dyna ive ever rode, by leaps and bounds...rode it twice at demo area today. An absolute rocket and the higher center of gravity lets you really put it over in the corners. This thing with a few grand of motor work would be 600cc sportbike fast

Only real complaint are the tank gauges, they are actually dangerous if you want to use them while driving. Putting them up in the fairing would be great. As said above the exhaust seemed quite loud for stock but combined with the open element intake may have been tricking my ears a bit....would def like to have one of these.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:18 AM
bp7178
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thing with a few grand of motor work would be 600cc sportbike fast
No it wouldn't. A 600cc SS bike is maybe 1/3 the weight. That translates exponentially over all aspects of riding. Corning, braking, acceleration etc. never mind probably a 60 degree lean angle.

The Low Rider S is THE more provocative bike in the HD lineup, and this is coming from a former Ducati 1199 owner. But, a sportbike equal it is not.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:20 AM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 599 Likes on 361 Posts

I would have to agree with bp. Even my old work bike (a 95 ZX6R) will beat it. It might hang for the first 60 feet but after that and it's see ya! My R1 that I sold will just murder it. I still think that the new 110 LRs is one of the baddest dyna model so far...im def in the market for it.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:30 AM
hori
Advanced
Old 03-08-2016, 09:38 AM
blackfriar
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I have not had the chance to ride one, but I understand about the tank gauges. It was a problem on my 04 FXDL and it may be even worse on this bike. I like the idea of putting something inside the fairing. Mine should be in sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,498 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by blackfriar
I have not had the chance to ride one, but I understand about the tank gauges. It was a problem on my 04 FXDL and it may be even worse on this bike. I like the idea of putting something inside the fairing. Mine should be in sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Tank mounted gauges suck!
I moved mine up to where gauges should be mounted.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:07 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts

Rode one yesterday
Name:  D2C6D19D-E6C7-403B-806B-50D013DFB570_zpszkkzezzc.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  205.4 KB

It is a fun bike. I was impressed by the rear suspension (which was those new premium emulsion shocks). The motor vibrates way more than my Dyna. The bars sucked and the seat was way hard. Other than those easily fixed things it's a killer looking bike and it has a decent amount of torque. Could be better but not bad out of the box.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:33 AM
hori
Advanced

did it sound any deeper than reg dyna?

Old 03-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Chonk
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Rode one yesterday

It is a fun bike. I was impressed by the rear suspension (which was those new premium emulsion shocks). The motor vibrates way more than my Dyna. The bars sucked and the seat was way hard. Other than those easily fixed things it's a killer looking bike and it has a decent amount of torque. Could be better but not bad out of the box.
One of my concerns is how much this bike might vibrate at speed.

Did the bike vibrate more at idle or on the road? Did any of you others that have test ridden the bike noticed anything?

So far the road test articles have not indicated anything unusual.

Thanks.

Chonk

Old 03-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Fr8dawg
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone know of any dealers getting these delivered yet?

I signed the papers on mine yesterday, dealership still doesnt even have a vin number... and they say the ETA is "before April."

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S