Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Luna21
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aaron___92
It's the DK Customs 3" riser extensions. I'm getting a new set up this weekend on the risers/bars though. Bung King 6" riser with 2" pullback and some low bend bars.

The riser extensions make a big difference
Yep, the bars need to be higher for me as well, I was getting a real backache with stock.
I now still have the stock risers but with Fat Boy S bars.
Better but a bit weird looking.
I think I'll love the LD 13s 13". High risers and pullback.
I was going to tak 11" at first but at 1m92 LD and a member here advised against it.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:17 PM
aaron___92
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luna21
Yep, the bars need to be higher for me as well, I was getting a real backache with stock.
I now still have the stock risers but with Fat Boy S bars.
Better but a bit weird looking.
I think I'll love the LD 13s 13". High risers and pullback.
I was going to tak 11" at first but at 1m92 LD and a member here advised against it.

Yeah, those will probably require the ABS cable kit and it's like $350 extra. I decided to go with the new setup because I can save the money on that. Hopefully it's exactly how I want it. They're going on tomorrow morning so I'll post a pic of the new setup

Old 03-23-2018, 12:21 PM
Luna21
6th Gear

Yeah, those will probably require the ABS cable kit and it's like $350 extra. I decided to go with the new setup because I can save the money on that. Hopefully it's exactly how I want it. They're going on tomorrow morning so I'll post a pic of the new setup
I already had to install the HD steel cables for the Fat Boy S bars as they have a fair bit of rise, pullback and are very wide. The tech said they would be long enough for the LDs.
Was quite a bit pricier than $350 here in Europe though. We actually have taxes.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:51 AM
EasyLiving
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I installed the Lucky Dave’s Lucky 13 inch bars. I had to install a 2017 FXDB Clutch cable and go on to Drag Specialties and install a plus (8) Fat-Bob Brake with ABS.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:03 PM
waynestarnes23
Novice
Default Lean looking exhaust head pipes

Haven't been on here for a while but went out and took a couple of pictures. Thought they were worthy of sharing. Color matched the helmet to the rims

I was wondering if you had your bike dyno tuned or were you running some kind of tuner on it instead because of the color of you head pipes. The blue look on your head pipes usually is a sign that your bike is running too lean and I was wondering if you'd had it dynoed?

Last edited by waynestarnes23; 03-24-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:32 PM
brasher
Tourer
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by waynestarnes23
I was wondering if you had your bike dyno tuned or were you running some kind of tuner on it instead because of the color of you head pipes. The blue look on your head pipes usually is a sign that your bike is running too lean and I was wondering if you'd had it dynoed?
it's just heat soak, you cant read a AFR from the colour of a pipe sadly.

My bike was tuned for about 6 hours on the dyno and has the same bluish/purple hue as above.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:56 PM
aaron___92
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by waynestarnes23
I hadn't heard this before but it is tuned with a FP3.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:07 PM
thisisagame24
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I guess I never noticed this. But I have lucky Dave's lucky 13 bars on my LRS. I noticed today that my front signals don't sit straight Both of them are angled inward. And the stock mounting bracket is maxed out in turning them any more outward to sit straight. Any one else run in to this issue?

Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 PM
Strobes48
Advanced

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
So I guess I never noticed this. But I have lucky Dave's lucky 13 bars on my LRS. I noticed today that my front signals don't sit straight Both of them are angled inward. And the stock mounting bracket is maxed out in turning them any more outward to sit straight. Any one else run in to this issue?
when i installed my LD Sandiego bars i had the same issue. i think the mount is designed for bars with more curve and the LD bars are straighter. ive been poking around trying to find a solution, i was able to get them aimed to where its satisfactory to me but not great. they are still aimed a bit inward, i saw HD makes a swivel kit but i only saw it in chrome and it would drop the signals down a bit more from the bars which might look kinda goofy. maybe someone else has a solution.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:59 AM
Scott Gas Can Cotner
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello ✋

Owned my FXDLS since May 2016. Just stopping in to say hello. My S has V&H upsweep, and a PCV dyno tune currently.
Waiting on install is a Corbin widowmaker saddle, bungking crash bar and Wild 1 chubby street fighter bars with new cables.
Im a service member deployed overseas so the parts are just piling up till I get home.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S