Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 05:29 PM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by brasher
Got the DK Customs 606 Air cleaner on today. Very easy and IMO looks much nicer than the whale dong heavy breather.

As an engineer and as an inquisitive mind, my concern is the air inlet tract could be much more improved with the backplate for this filter. If you look at say a big sucker or S&S the backplate is rounded for the air flow to smoothly track into the TB. The DK Just "steps" from flat into the TB and the alignment isn't exactly crash hot if you see the pic.

Luckily it does not actually block any of the TB intake, just the bottom right quadrant seems really off. I hope there is no real world performance hindrance by it.

Other than that, easy assembly and their customer support and pricing is second to none. Very happy.
You are correct. The 'velocity stack' your talking about makes for a smooth transition as well as speeds up the air b/c the vaccum created still pulls the same volume. As for noticing the misalignment, or the sharp edge... well I'd say prolly not unless you were on a dyno. As long as its cleaning the air you should be fine.

The following users liked this post:
brasher (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 07:14 PM
brasher
Tourer
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by blackscootersociety
You are correct. The 'velocity stack' your talking about makes for a smooth transition as well as speeds up the air b/c the vaccum created still pulls the same volume. As for noticing the misalignment, or the sharp edge... well I'd say prolly not unless you were on a dyno. As long as its cleaning the air you should be fine.
Took it for a good ride yesterday, not noticeable difference at all as expected. Just enjoying not having that donkeys ***** not extending out the side of the motor

Old 07-27-2017, 08:36 AM
trmat79
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brasher
Took it for a good ride yesterday, not noticeable difference at all as expected. Just enjoying not having that donkeys ***** not extending out the side of the motor

Do you have part numbers on which one you went with ( I looked at their kits but too many options ) I like how yours looks....Also do you think I would need a tuner? I have V&H slip ons now and plan on keeping them

Old 07-27-2017, 08:38 AM
trmat79
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys I've read all the stuff about the Memphis Shades Gaunlet and Cafe fairings that I can find on the forum here but I have a couple questions.....When I ride right now (always full face helmet) it seems where I sit in relation to the stock fairing the bugs come right over and land square into my face shield on the helmet....not a huge deal but after some back road riding the collection of bugs in my sight line is annoying....which fairing do you think would work better...also could the plexiglas portion be tinted darker or painted?

Old 07-28-2017, 04:46 PM
moe less
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
That swing arm is perfectly straight, so defiantly not 2 over ride height. And as pointed out, thats an FXDB rear fender for sure.
Most definitely defiant. The little rebel.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:05 PM
jcanrun
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trmat79
Hey guys I've read all the stuff about the Memphis Shades Gaunlet and Cafe fairings that I can find on the forum here but I have a couple questions.....When I ride right now (always full face helmet) it seems where I sit in relation to the stock fairing the bugs come right over and land square into my face shield on the helmet....not a huge deal but after some back road riding the collection of bugs in my sight line is annoying....which fairing do you think would work better...also could the plexiglas portion be tinted darker or painted?
I have the Gauntlet and the same thing happens to me - bugs on my face shield. I don't think there is anyway to avoid it. Funny thing is that both of my mirrors really get caked with bugs. I guess the way the fairing sits it directs most of the bugs directly onto the mirrors. I think Michad or Michaud has the Cafe, or at least had it so he can comment on the Cafe.

Yes, you can tint or just paint the glass portion of the fairing. I think others just use plastidip on the inside of the fairing, but you'll need to put on a few coats.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:19 AM
brasher
Tourer
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by trmat79
Do you have part numbers on which one you went with ( I looked at their kits but too many options ) I like how yours looks....Also do you think I would need a tuner? I have V&H slip ons now and plan on keeping them
Sorry no part number. It's the 606 complete system with breather System. Really good kit that comes with good instructions. I had it all installed in about 20 minutes including removing the standard ac.

I would reccomend you get the throttle body support bracket either from dk or from HD. It will keep it all a lot more sturdy. overall very happy with the kit.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:26 AM
huggies
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So will the LRS continue on for 2018 or are we unsure yet?

Old 08-02-2017, 05:30 AM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by huggies
So will the LRS continue on for 2018 or are we unsure yet?

Word has been out for awhile that the FXDLS is gone for 2018. Dealers are listing the ones they have as the last they will get.

Rumor mill is also in full swing that the dyna frame may be toast to be replaced with an M8 compatible frame...which would lend credence to the FXDLS being gone as part of the draw is the upgraded engine. In order to upgrade the M8 to the 114 you have to have the water cooled heads..which means radiators. On the Geezer Glides the radiators are hidden in the lowers. That wouldn't work with the 'club' look of the FXDLS. Without the upgraded engine all it would be is a blacked out Dyna with TBW and ABS standard.

However...all that being said...we really won't know until the 2018 line is released.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:33 AM
Luna21
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
Word has been out for awhile that the FXDLS is gone for 2018. Dealers are listing the ones they have as the last they will get.

Rumor mill is also in full swing that the dyna frame may be toast to be replaced with an M8 compatible frame...which would lend credence to the FXDLS being gone as part of the draw is the upgraded engine. In order to upgrade the M8 to the 114 you have to have the water cooled heads..which means radiators. On the Geezer Glides the radiators are hidden in the lowers. That wouldn't work with the 'club' look of the FXDLS. Without the upgraded engine all it would be is a blacked out Dyna with TBW and ABS standard.

However...all that being said...we really won't know until the 2018 line is released.

The dealers in Europe are saying something similar: no more FXDLS available due to the bike not being able to be modified to meet the EURO4 norm for 2018.

My dealer has one left and can't get anymore.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S