Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 05:35 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by e11charlie
Question for you. How much of a pain in the **** is it to do taller bars with the ride by wire system. Do they make wire extensions or did you have to splice wires and ****?
Avoid spliceing wires on canbus bikes. They make plug and play extensions for everything in the bars. There is a lot of extra slack packed in the frame, so unless you go pretty tall, you may not need to extend. Clutch and brake lines, that's a different story. With those, you got enough for about an 8" rise T bar. And even with mine I had to route the clutch up the right frame tube so it doesn't pull tight on right locks...

Canbus and tbw are very sensitive to resistance. One bad splice and you're getting errors. I've been told never solder anything canbus. Crimp only.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mchad:
5500 (04-25-2017), e11charlie (04-27-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 08:00 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I have been trying to debate on a different fairing setup for the bike. The speed screen doesn't cut it and puts wind right in my eyes with the visor open. Quarter fairing and the t sport fairing both appeal to be but all of a sudden the fxrt fairing and lowers have really hit me hard as thinking that it would look sick especially with the built motor. And be able to eat some miles up. Just wondering if anyone else would chime in on their thoughts. So many deicions on ways to go. Might just be wanting to bridge the gap on the road glide I used to have, but I do like the thought of a frame mounted fairing.

Not sure if my input amounts to anything on the fxrt fairing itself, but I seriously wanted to go this route when I got mine.. after looking around and knowing all the stuff I wanted to do to the bike, I decided I couldn't justify spending that much on it. I went with a tsport fairing from certified okc with a 14.5" shield and im completely happy with it. I have decent wind coverage and good to go. If you go the fxrt fairing and lowers route, post up! I know it does look damn good!

Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 AM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Hartung
This is the one i'm looking for.
regards peter

That's my bike. The fairing in that picture is a 39mm Ness (p/n 06-041) fairing modified by Southeast Customs. They call it the Ness OG. I picked mine up for $100 bucks from a forum member, but if you are interested I can tell you the way to build it for about $100-$150 less than what SE customs charges.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:04 AM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by e11charlie
Question for you. How much of a pain in the **** is it to do taller bars with the ride by wire system. Do they make wire extensions or did you have to splice wires and ****?
In my opinion, this is the easiest bike install taller bars. The FXDL-S does not require you to de-pin, splice or solder. It's simply connectors that you unplug. I literally just slid my wires down the handlebars and re-connected. No more pulling with wire or fishing line, etc. I went with 12" bars and I've seen guys go 14" with no need to splice or extend the wires.

The following users liked this post:
e11charlie (04-27-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 10:17 AM
thisisagame24
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ebusa
I just put a new Harley Davidson Daymaker on my 2017 Low Rider S a week ago. Took 10 min! Remove the outside 2 silver screws behind the screen (left and right) with allen wrench, then pull from bottom and where the screen is pushed on into rubber gromments. At the bottom of headlight is a single screw holding the ring that holds headlight on.
Thanks man 👍

Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 PM
Vic_vega9
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 17FiXxXeR75
Love the hell out of it. Coupled with a heavy breather, 110 motor and Power Vision tune makes it growl like a beast.

I've never heard a TH on this bike in-person so I can't compare the two. Out here, it's mostly Bassani vs TBR on the Dynas I've seen.
I got the rr3 Greg lutzka and I'm using Fuelpak 3. Anyone else using this setup? What map are u using? I'm trying the generic 2 into 1 and the Vance and Hines pro pipe and seeing which one runs better.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:27 AM
ebusa
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vic_vega9
I got the rr3 Greg lutzka and I'm using Fuelpak 3. Anyone else using this setup? What map are u using? I'm trying the generic 2 into 1 and the Vance and Hines pro pipe and seeing which one runs better.
Im running FP3 as well, how does the V&H Pro pipe map run compared to the generic 2-1 map??

Old 04-22-2017, 01:29 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Gotta love the luck. Installed new bars last night and I should've stopped when I finally got all the wires ran thru but no I had to push ahead and managed to cross thread one of the abs lines. Now I'm hoping to fix it or I'll be shelling out over 100 bucks for a new line. Always something

Old 04-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Vic_vega9
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ebusa
Im running FP3 as well, how does the V&H Pro pipe map run compared to the generic 2-1 map??
cant really say yet. Generic ran pretty good. Slight popping on decel, with the auto tune it probably would have went away. The rear pipe at the top about an inch or two by the jug is turning purple slightly and I suppose that's normal. I read a few people are using the pro pipe so I wanted to try that so I turned it before work and rode it there and it felt about the same and then I got caught in a rainstorm coming home so I can't really say for sure. Right now the whole exhaust is golden and I'd really like to keep it that color because it matches the rims pretty good but I don't know how hard that is going to be.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Vic_vega9
5th Gear

New never ran

About 75 miles with generic 2 into 1 and standard baffles

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S