Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 03:59 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by DivineDark

Hmm...Interesting

Last edited by multihdrdr; 02-15-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:25 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

I may be joining your ranks in the next two days. I've made a deal with the local Motoplex to trade my Buell for the Low Rider S. I also have an Indian Dark Horse, but want something that's a little more aggressive to go along with her.

The bike I'm looking at is a 2016 Low Rider S with 1303 miles. The only thing I don't like about it is the goofy looking two up seat he put on it, and a little swirl on the tank right next to the gas cap. We used some polish on it and it really faded to the point that you have to look for it.

They gave me a great deal on the Buell and the Low Rider S is a VERY good price. I'm supposed to go for my test ride on Friday morning. If I give them the go ahead, I just have to sign on the dotted line. Financing is already cleared.

Just have to be patient and start looking at the upgrades I want to do to it.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:33 PM
Mopar5599
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 362 Likes on 355 Posts

Someone else on HD Dyna forum deserves the credit for whale dick style air cleaner. He commented on the same style air cleaner and stated that's what it looked like.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:06 AM
portsparky
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bassani Pipes

So, I installed my Bassani Road Rage I pipes last night. I got the 'I' version because I'm about to do a trip to Tasmania and want better ground clearance.

I think I'm taking it off.

Damn loud. And, I can't get a quiet baffles before my trip. Annnnd, I am sure I have lost power from the stock pipes + V&H mufflers with quiet baffles. That was unexpected, but I am sure it has happened. I threw in a new map and did an auto tune with the Fuelpak 3, but not liking it at all.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:53 AM
17FiXxXeR75
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Aftermarket pipes and Viking bags

Anyone experience issues with aftermarket shorty pipes being an issue with the Viking bags, i.e. melting/warping due to the exhaust heat?

Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 AM
CobraRacer
Cruiser
Received 104 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar5599
Someone else on HD Dyna forum deserves the credit for whale dick style air cleaner. He commented on the same style air cleaner and stated that's what it looked like.
I have always had the women tell me that the size of a guys air cleaner was a direct reflection of the size of the riders...

Just saying.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:07 PM
dyna-petey
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

not much to add, but i finally got my RoyalTRacing pipe hooked up this weekend. Absolutely the love sound rather than the sewing machine it was! fitment seems to be really tight to the frame and dont forsee much of a clearance/scraping issue. Still waiting to get a chance to ride it but it looks like its not going to happen until the family moved.

also, I'm thinking about trading the brown saddlemen for a black one. I dont think im diggin it anymore to be honest.

Attached Thumbnails New Low Rider S-newpipes.jpg  

Last edited by dyna-petey; 02-16-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: picture didnt come up
Old 02-16-2017, 12:11 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by portsparky
So, I installed my Bassani Road Rage I pipes last night. I got the 'I' version because I'm about to do a trip to Tasmania and want better ground clearance.

I think I'm taking it off.

Damn loud. And, I can't get a quiet baffles before my trip. Annnnd, I am sure I have lost power from the stock pipes + V&H mufflers with quiet baffles. That was unexpected, but I am sure it has happened. I threw in a new map and did an auto tune with the Fuelpak 3, but not liking it at all.
That's too bad to hear. I'm running a Thrashin Supply, but from what I hear its just a stainless Bassani Road Rage 1 sold by Thrashin. I've also ran the Bassani Road Rage 1D5250 on two other bikes and I've had the exact opposite reaction as you. They have a nice rumble and the butt dyno tells me I have more power. I assume you are running the Bassani's 1D5250? Do what I do, try riding so fast that the sound of your pipes can't catch up?

Old 02-16-2017, 01:06 PM
lowboy72
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna
That's too bad to hear. I'm running a Thrashin Supply, but from what I hear its just a stainless Bassani Road Rage 1 sold by Thrashin. I've also ran the Bassani Road Rage 1D5250 on two other bikes and I've had the exact opposite reaction as you. They have a nice rumble and the butt dyno tells me I have more power. I assume you are running the Bassani's 1D5250? Do what I do, try riding so fast that the sound of your pipes can't catch up?
I am with you. I even switched from a two bros to the Thrashin Supply and felt the increase in power. I did read where some have power loss, but that is not my experience.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:35 PM
portsparky
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna
I bought the 13122J. http://www.bassani.com/part/13122J

The main reason why I bought pipes was because I scraped the standard system (with V&H slip Ons and quiet baffle). I saw that this model only had one pipe under the foot peg and that it didn't scrape. So, it's an unequal length system. I thought I read that it should have still been a performance improvement over what I already had, but, I honestly don't think it is. I recon it would never scrape ..... But, I think I'd prefer to put the standard pipes and V&H slip Ons back on, and sell these Bassani pipes on eBay. I'd just have to take it easy around right corners.

I'd buy a different system, (if I was sure it wouldn't scrape) or maybe even a set of air adjustable shocks to lift the rear when 2-up and loaded ..... But I'm in Australia, and leave on my Tassie trip in 2 weeks. Shipping something here probably isn't going to make it.

Very open to suggestions guys.

Last edited by portsparky; 02-16-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S