Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 08:48 AM
horsepower
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to (FP3) Autotune My Low Rider S. It wouldnt start anymore. So I went back to the pre programmed map 2 which is the Generic pipe. And it started without any problems.
This what came up on the error code B2176 (security antenna output open) & also U0100(lost communication with ECM) when I tried to autotune it. Im pretty sure I did it correctly.
1)Turned on bluetooth on my phone
2)Turned on ignition on the bike (bluetooth paired to phone and bike).
3)Selected Autotune (had me turn on and off bike for 30 sec)
After turning it back on it wont start anymore. It was trying to start but it wont. So luckily somehow I was able to turn off autotune and select map 2 again( which is the pre programmed map for generic pipe). I have TBR exhaust. What you guys think is the problem?

Did a 130 km roundtrip and the bike runs great!! My butt dyno feels like it gained a good amount of hp. Should I just not try to autotune it again? Afraid it would happen again, worst it wont start anymore.

Last edited by horsepower; 02-05-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:00 PM
TJF88
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not had any problems with autotune, been running it for months. I am about to get a custom pro tune though due to some recent mods.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:41 PM
horsepower
Cruiser

I missed an email v&h sent me. Was just able to read it today. They told me to select option v&h big radius 2-1 pipe and see how it feels before doing autotune. I emailed them back about the problems I had yesterday. Will wait and see what they say about it.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:46 PM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepower
I missed an email v&h sent me. Was just able to read it today. They told me to select option v&h big radius 2-1 pipe and see how it feels before doing autotune. I emailed them back about the problems I had yesterday. Will wait and see what they say about it.
Ugh, I hate reading this. I just got done trying to suggest to another forum member that they ought to run the autotune (and why) once they flashed the base in. They got kinda defensive and said the same thing you did. That V&H suggested they just run the canned map. And their blindly following V&H's advice and not doing it. I don't get it??? To each his own I guess. But if I paid the extra money for the fp3 over a regular fuelpak, I'd want to use the features it has. Isn't that the point of the upgraded tuner in the first place?? Sooooo confused.

The following users liked this post:
Tracerbok (09-08-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 02:20 PM
hitman1267
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just put a set of D&D Bobcats on mine. She sounds so good!

Old 02-07-2017, 02:36 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Dude that looks pretty sick I like the looks of that pipe on the s.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:39 PM
horsepower
Cruiser

Originally Posted by blackscootersociety
Ugh, I hate reading this. I just got done trying to suggest to another forum member that they ought to run the autotune (and why) once they flashed the base in. They got kinda defensive and said the same thing you did. That V&H suggested they just run the canned map. And their blindly following V&H's advice and not doing it. I don't get it??? To each his own I guess. But if I paid the extra money for the fp3 over a regular fuelpak, I'd want to use the features it has. Isn't that the point of the upgraded tuner in the first place?? Sooooo confused.
I emailed v&h before I installed the Fp3 asking them if I shoud choose generic pipe option since I have a tbr pipe, I forgot to check back on my emails and continued to set it up. So, this was the first time I set it up. Since I already set it up with generic pipe option how do I go back and try other pipe options? I tried to go back using the demo mode to tryand figure it out first but theres no way to get rid of the generic pipe option I chose. Maybe you can help me on that so I can follow v&h suggestion and try the comp s 2-1 pipe option and autotune from there.
Mode

Old 02-08-2017, 07:26 AM
hitman1267
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
Dude that looks pretty sick I like the looks of that pipe on the s.
They sound so good

Old 02-08-2017, 02:28 PM
ktp1598
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Parts came in today so I installed the Vance and Hines Slipons (Awesome!) and a ProStreet Breakout stock speedometer. Everything on it works as it should. Plug and play. The only thing you don't get with this one that you do get with the one from the parts catalog is the ability to change colors. That one doesn't have an indicator for cruise control which is why I went with the one from the ProStreet. It's cheaper too at $227.56 list, though you can get it for $170.67 plus shipping at Castle. I know it has a redundant tach, but it's nice to not have to look down so far and I like the digital speedo.

The following users liked this post:
aaron___92 (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 02:54 PM
aaron___92
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ktp1598
Parts came in today so I installed the Vance and Hines Slipons (Awesome!) and a ProStreet Breakout stock speedometer. Everything on it works as it should. Plug and play. The only thing you don't get with this one that you do get with the one from the parts catalog is the ability to change colors. That one doesn't have an indicator for cruise control which is why I went with the one from the ProStreet. It's cheaper too at $227.56 list, though you can get it for $170.67 plus shipping at Castle. I know it has a redundant tach, but it's nice to not have to look down so far and I like the digital speedo.

Sweet!! Looks a lot better than stock

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S