Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 05:33 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ssleeper
Looks good. How's it attach? I couldn't really tell from their site.

I'm currently in contact w/ them about the tank strap in carbon fiber. Wish they made a rear fender for ours as well; I like the bobbed look.
Hey Ssleeper.. how it attaches was a big question and not really a cheap mounting system. to do it right, Bung King and JD customs makes the required brackets. you can piece them together or just grab the whole kit from JD for $250 (for just the hardware needed that is)

WHOLE KIT:
http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigc...e-mounting-kit

You will also need a windshield. you can go through JD for that as well. I went with Cee Bailey's as they had great reviews. they start at about 110 for the stock height. i got the smoked tinted 14.5" and went great with my 14" bars.

i love it! I absolutely love how Certified OKC did their own version of the TSport but to maintain stock mounting. It took about a month to get it but when you do, you can see the quality they put into it. They had an issue where Fedex held their fairings for god knows what for a week. they appologized a million times and even offered to throw in a carbon bezel and a matching dash! Jesse and Shawna are so awesome! I agree with ya i cant wait to see that dash in person.

On your fender comment: theres a guy with a FXDLS as we speak getting front and rear fenders in carbon. its a new one so he sent his Low Rider (not the bobbed one we have) to them for the molds. Look for that to be coming in the future!

Last edited by dyna-petey; 10-18-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: adjusted
Old 10-18-2016, 06:15 AM
ssleeper
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Timm SY
Does anyone know what exactly is needed to install 12" TBars on the Low Rider S ?
Part numbers from magnum shielding would be great ? From my understanding the clutch and Front upper/lower lines need replacing, the stock wiring is ok. Any help would be great as i'm not sure on the lengths.
Not sure about the wire lengths, but curious myself. I do know that you need to either mill the end of the throttle side to accept the TBW unit or buy bars already milled.

I took mine apart a few days ago to install clip-ons & found out the hard way. The clip-ons were solid so it went back together stock since I don't have the machinery up here at work & found it wasn't worth the hassle.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:18 AM
ssleeper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dyna-petey
Hey Ssleeper.. how it attaches was a big question and not really a cheap mounting system. to do it right, Bung King and JD customs makes the required brackets. you can piece them together or just grab the whole kit from JD for $250 (for just the hardware needed that is)

WHOLE KIT:
http://jdcustomsandfabrications.bigc...e-mounting-kit

You will also need a windshield. you can go through JD for that as well. I went with Cee Bailey's as they had great reviews. they start at about 110 for the stock height. i got the smoked tinted 14.5" and went great with my 14" bars.

All said and done, its not a cheap fairing setup lol but i love it! I absolutely love how Certified OKC did their own version of the TSport but to maintain stock mounting. It took about a month to get it but when you do, you can see the quality they put into it. They had an issue where Fedex held their fairings for god knows what for a week. they appologized a million times and even offered to throw in a carbon bezel and a matching dash! Jesse and Shawna are so awesome! I agree with ya i cant wait to see that dash in person.

On your fender comment: theres a guy with a FXDLS as we speak getting front and rear fenders in carbon. its a new one so he sent his Low Rider (not the bobbed one we have) to them for the molds. Look for that to be coming in the future!
Awesome man! I have the dash piece packaged up & sending it out to them this today (once UPS/Fedex opens) so that'll be on Certified's list also. Looking forward to the rest.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:20 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser

Awesome man! I have the dash piece packaged up & sending it out to them this today (once UPS/Fedex opens) so that'll be on Certified's list also. Looking forward to the rest.
oh hell yea! do u mean the whole dash middle piece? i swore they were already making those lol i wander how theyre making mine without sending it to them if they need urs. we're talking about the same piece right?

also, out of curiousity, what carbon are you going with? carbon with black? gold? red? the carbon fiber is absolutely crazy in person. and i wasnt a carbon fiber fan.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:27 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Timm SY
Does anyone know what exactly is needed to install 12" TBars on the Low Rider S ?
Part numbers from magnum shielding would be great ? From my understanding the clutch and Front upper/lower lines need replacing, the stock wiring is ok. Any help would be great as i'm not sure on the lengths.
Hey Tim,

Talked to a couple guys that found you can run fxdx lines on these and save a few bucks. plenty of wiring in the frame and below are my partnumbers that I used to run my 14" tbars. I'd imagine you'd be fine going down the next size shorter for your 12's. I got my tbars off ebay for 150 and came with TBW cuts. it seems it can be a PITA dealing with converting nonTBW bars to work.

I know these were great for my 14's and in case you dont get another response soon, this could get u started. This brake line kit comes with everything needed uppers and lowers. cheers

Part #:
-BRAKE LINES: Drag Specialties 1741-3830 ($120)
-CLUTCH: Drag Specialties 0652-1431 ($56)

The following 2 users liked this post by dyna-petey:
Mightyxxdan (02-27-2017), Timm SY (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 07:33 AM
ssleeper
Cruiser

oh hell yea! do u mean the whole dash middle piece? i swore they were already making those lol i wander how theyre making mine without sending it to them if they need urs. we're talking about the same piece right?

also, out of curiousity, what carbon are you going with? carbon with black? gold? red? the carbon fiber is absolutely crazy in person. and i wasnt a carbon fiber fan.
I'm talking about the black crinkle-powdered piece that runs the length of the tank & holds the gauges. They have one for the FXR listed on their site, but not our bikes.
http://www.certifiedokc.com/_p/prd13...k-dash-console

Old 10-18-2016, 07:36 AM
dyna-petey
Cruiser

I'm talking about the black crinkle-powdered piece that runs the length of the tank & holds the gauges. They have one for the FXR listed on their site, but not our bikes.
http://www.certifiedokc.com/_p/prd13...k-dash-console
hmm... ill have to hit them up to clarify. Because they know what bike i have im sure theyre not making a dash for an FXR lol

thanks man.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:45 AM
ssleeper
Cruiser

hmm... ill have to hit them up to clarify. Because they know what bike i have im sure theyre not making a dash for an FXR lol

thanks man.
Hear ya. Check your PMs

Old 10-18-2016, 01:30 PM
spicoli.j
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Mate where did you find those blinkers (or turn signals as i think you call them in the States)?

What did you do for the combined brake/ blinker rear?

They look the business!!
Blinkers here: http://shop.bigalscycles.com/product...t-turn-signals

They are pricey, but I like them a lot.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:31 PM
fxdfpants
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wondering how does the stock fairing compare in size and usefulness to say a memphis shades cafe or gauntlet or a arlen ness fairing? Anyone swapped theirs out?

I'm thinking something that came up a bit higher might be an improvement, the stock fairing seems more about looks than usefulness.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S