Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by wilddave
I kind of already did that, except for the call harley part. They are holding firm on the air cleaner sock, but offered to give me a suspension wrench off the shelf, but it isn't the correct one, they didn't have the correct one on hand. It has more of a square end for the normal shock collars (Square peg round hole), and the manual specifically states to use the special tool.

I'm planning to go back with the owners manual now that I read that section about it being included and see if they will order one for me. I will just buy a rain sock because I am tired of fooling with it.
Good luck. But if it were me, it would be time to find another dealer I think...

The following 2 users liked this post by Mchad:
huggies (10-16-2016), wilddave (10-13-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 10:32 AM
wilddave
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Good luck. But if it were me, it would be time to find another dealer I think...
I know what you mean, but around here no dealers seem to be informed on anything other than the touring bikes. They don't know much about the rest of the model lines and don't care.

The parts guy said the computer didn't even show the FXDL-S.

Once I get my break in and first service done I will be good to go.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:46 PM
ssleeper
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm amazed you're still going back to that dealer after all the hell you've dealt with. I'd spend my money elsewhere by now.

The following users liked this post:
wilddave (10-13-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 01:31 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

I know what you mean, but around here no dealers seem to be informed on anything other than the touring bikes. They don't know much about the rest of the model lines and don't care.

Once I get my break in and first service done I will be good to go.
If you're mechanically inclined, grab a service manual and do the 1k yourself. It details what is needed, basically a fluid change and checking chain/belt/various fasteners/cables. Took me a few hours and saved myself a couple hundred bucks...document everything, save all receipts for oil, o-rings, gaskets, etc.

Oh and the air cleaner sock, I went back to the dealer two weeks after getting the bike wanting to buy one, and they gave me one, no questions asked...sounds like that dealer isn't concerned with relationship management.

wilddave (10-13-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 02:01 PM
wilddave
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
If you're mechanically inclined, grab a service manual and do the 1k yourself. It details what is needed, basically a fluid change and checking chain/belt/various fasteners/cables. Took me a few hours and saved myself a couple hundred bucks...document everything, save all receipts for oil, o-rings, gaskets, etc.

Oh and the air cleaner sock, I went back to the dealer two weeks after getting the bike wanting to buy one, and they gave me one, no questions asked...sounds like that dealer isn't concerned with relationship management.
I agree and will do the majority of work myself, but I like to have a dealer do the first one. I actually negotiated it in as part of the purchase. I feel like my local shop has a good service department, the sales and parts groups just don't get excited about dynas.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:47 PM
hometeam
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

How many of you got a rain sock for your air filter and a spanner for you shocks with the bike? I thought I read that they were included. My dealer thinks I'm crazy.
I got all that with mine. The sock was on the first time I saw the bike on the floor. I got the wrench and the owner's manual that covered the S all packaged in a couple of plastic bags like a kit that came with the bike.

wilddave (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 02:18 AM
patlazey
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pierre
Mine too on another low rider, but a welder reinforced it and no more breakage
Yeah we welded it after the first brake. My buddy is a certified aircraft welder and tig welded it. It held for awhile but it broke again and after that brake I got a nasty exhaust leak. thank god my warranty was still good because I tried to get a good seal on it but never could so I took to the dealership. They had to change the header pipe because it warped. Then I bought a new bracket and it held for 10k miles or so and broke again. I said enough with this exhaust and bought a low rider S. I was going to get new exhaust for my wide glide but this bike called to me.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:47 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,208 Likes on 3,381 Posts

He should change jobs. I have been behind the counter looking at the parts pages on the screen for these bikes. Christ, they are even online!

Man, I think you win the Worst Dealer of the Year Award. What is the name of this place?

And yes, just to chime in, I got my wrench and air sock with my manual at time of signing.

Last edited by NorthWestern; 10-13-2016 at 04:49 AM.
wilddave (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 04:48 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

the sales and parts groups just don't get excited about dynas.
Sounds more like they don't get excited about customer service, actually... There's really no excuse for that. I would definitely call HD.

Here's an example of real customer service.

I had my dealer install a set of racetech springs and emulators in my fork. While doing so, they noticed the threads of one of the axle cap bolts was in bad shape. Whether they damaged it or it came that way from assembly doesn't matter. The fork slider was on national back order, no eta. I spoke to the GM of the dealer who said he'd look into it and get right bcc to me. Within the hour had an entire fork on the way, overnight. They took that slider and installed it on my bike and I was on the road by the end of the next day.

Now, again, how it was damaged, I don't know. But they went the extra mile to make it right. Instead of doing what it sounds like your dealer would do which is make me wait weeks for the part to become available...

If you don't get the parts you are entitled to with the purchase of a new bike, wouldn't set foot in your dealer again. But then, I have two other dealers within a 30-45 min ride from me.

Last edited by Mchad; 10-13-2016 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:05 PM
TylerDurden
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RNRider
It was a long wait but well worth it to get the SPF pipes.

Mate where did you find those blinkers (or turn signals as i think you call them in the States)?

What did you do for the combined brake/ blinker rear?

They look the business!!

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S