Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 02:02 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron___92
Have you guys heard the Two Brothers exhaust? I'd definitely say it's a bit louder than Thunderheader. It's a bit deeper too. I love the sound of Thunderheader but not really how it looks on my bike.
Never heard a Two Brothers in person, but they look like a nice piece. I'm not saying the Basanni sounds bad. When I first put the Basanni on, it was actually kinda quiet, but it gets louder over time. I personally like the sound and look of a Thunderheader. Would love to see a head to head of all these pipes on a Dyno on the same bike/engine. That would be cool.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Foreboding
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
My S arrived at the dealer and I had a look at it yesterday. As stated, the bars are way too low. So low, in fact, that they had to make new brackets to mount the blinkers on the bars. Getting replaced by 10" MX T-bars. The seat also kinda sucks, so that's going away, C&C Fastback going in its place.

And the wheels... Ugh. Yuck. Ugly. They look like olive drab with sparkles in the sun. Either Harley's stylist was blind, or the powder coater they used supplied bunk powder. It is an TERRIBLE color. My wheels are already off the bike and being coated black. It's unfortunate, I was hoping it was truly a gold color like in the pics that would more closely match some Ohlins upside down forks and piggy-back rear shocks. Alas, that is not to be.

Other than those items I think the bike overall is a home run. The missing ignition switch is way cool!
Eye of the beholder like all HD. I think the Bassani stainless with some color burned in, with the factory rims is sick.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:10 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPandaMonium

The pre of 96.96 and 119.81 was with Thunderheader newly installed. The post-tune is 101.83 and 126.69. The engine seems to run smoother, and is loud AF! Nice improvement, yeah?
Hmmmm...

Is that Bob Lobenberg?

Old 09-26-2016, 08:23 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,207 Likes on 3,380 Posts

Originally Posted by fastjoe
Unless you removed the baffle from your Bassani a Thunderheader is definitely louder. I know, I've had both. Wish I had spent the extra money to put a Thunderheader on my current Low Rider.
Baffle? The Road Rage has a 2.5 inch straight through, perforated core. I was really only playing, not trying to start a pissing match. My good buddy has a Thunderheader, mine is definitely louder, but really this is not a big deal. They both **** off the neighbors

Old 09-27-2016, 07:58 AM
rdplain
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron___92
Got it. Thanks. Hopefully they're out soon.
The V&H gods were listening... FP3 app updated this morning, '17 maps are now available!

Old 09-27-2016, 11:49 AM
aaron___92
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rdplain
The V&H gods were listening... FP3 app updated this morning, '17 maps are now available!
Yeah!! Finally was able to tune it. I used the Pro-Pipe Comp w/baffle and it is like night and day. Runs so much smoother. I also did the decel pop option, but just the option with one, not three. I'm thinking I'll have to do it again with the option for extra decel pop because it still does it here and there.

All in all, satisfied with the V&H Fuelpak!

Old 09-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Doc4545
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 33 Posts

Hope you don't mind me dropping in here with my impressions on taking a LRS out for a spin during demo days. Also I have the Bassani RR short on my '14 FXDF (along with the Ventilator and SE Pro tuner). The dealer I go to is very big on the Two Brothers 2-1, really push it but they all seem to like the tone out of my RR and the performance seems on par with the Two Bros.

Ok, so the demo ride-I absolutely loved everything about the bike.......except (lol): The front brake had waaay too much of a mushy feeling to it (bike had a little over 500 miles on it), while I liked the shape of the seat it felt like leather stapled to a plank of wood (I'm 5'9", 180lbs), I'd need forward foot controls on it (bad left knee, too painful to be cramped up like I was on my old Sporty).

The engine is amazing, great power and response, quieter gearbox than my bike and fell in love with the handling of the bike-I think that's more due to the slimmer tires than anything else as I've upgraded my shocks/springs.

No doubt if I was flush with cash I would buy one in a NY minute, make the changes I'd need to the controls/seat and be one happy chappy. I will also say that every time I ride something else I get back on my bike and get a stupid grin on my face as I'm comfortable, love the ride and how it handles even with the fat tires (or maybe because of them).

Any way, just one guy's impressions that probably don't mean **** to anyone else but thought I'd pass it on.

Ride safe everybody.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:08 AM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@JCleary, yes, it is

Originally Posted by JCleary
Hmmmm...

Is that Bob Lobenberg?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:13 AM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastjoe
Unless you removed the baffle from your Bassani a Thunderheader is definitely louder. I know, I've had both. Wish I had spent the extra money to put a Thunderheader on my current Low Rider.

@fastjoe, looks nice!

Here's mine loaded up during a round trip from SF to LA.

New Low Rider S-img_3273.jpg

Old 09-28-2016, 02:05 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPandaMonium
@fastjoe, looks nice!

Here's mine loaded up during a round trip from SF to LA.

Attachment 486347
What scrapes first? Your foot peg or Thunderheader?

I had to twist my T-header on my last Dyna 'cause I almost ground a hole in it... I also bought one for this bike but haven't installed yet.

The S seems to scrape a lot with the further-forward mids, even with 13.5" Ohlins. I think I prefer regular mids... I had regular mids with FXR pegs and a twisted T-header. Took some corner speed w/o leaning off bike to scrape after that...

Name:  b240a5ca.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  205.1 KB

Name:  null-3.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  270.9 KB

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S