Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 01:41 PM
jcanrun
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Front Turn Signal Relocation

So I am looking to relocate my front turn signals but it doesn't look that straight forward to me since it appears the wiring goes inside the handlebar. Anyone else relocate the front turn signals? Is there a kit available?

EDIT: I just found the HD kit online - 69433-08A. It seems pretty involved. Any workarounds or shortcut / different method suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by jcanrun; 09-16-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by jcanrun
So I am looking to relocate my front turn signals but it doesn't look that straight forward to me since it appears the wiring goes inside the handlebar. Anyone else relocate the front turn signals? Is there a kit available?

EDIT: I just found the HD kit online - 69433-08A. It seems pretty involved. Any workarounds or shortcut / different method suggestions? Thanks.
I did this. Actually easier then on my previous low ride which required cutting and capping cables in the switchs. The LRS is a home run from the sigs to the harness connectors, so you can depin and pull them out of the bars. However the cables are really long and required a fair bit of "stuffing" them back in the spine. I did it when changing the bars, but if you have stocks it should be pretty easy since the wires are only in the bars for about 8". In any case, I don't think they make any relocation kits in black, so I got that kit and had it PC'd. Came out good.

Here: fairing off, terrible underexposed photo, but it's all I got!

Last edited by Mchad; 09-16-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:10 PM
jcanrun
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mchad
I did this. Actually easier then on my previous low ride which required cutting and capping cables in the switchs. The LRS is a home run from the sigs to the harness connectors, so you can depin and pull them out of the bars. However the cables are really long and required a fair bit of "stuffing" them back in the spine. I did it when changing the bars, but if you have stocks it should be pretty easy since the wires are only in the bars for about 8". In any case, I don't think they make any relocation kits in black, so I got that kit and had it PC'd. Came out good.

Here: fairing off, terrible underexposed photo, but it's all I got!

Looks good. However, I was hoping to avoid having to depin any connectors. I did not have an enjoyable time doing that when I relocated my rear turn signals when installing the Great Bike Gear license plate/turn signal relocation kit. I guess it will probably go smoother for me since I made all of them mistakes doing the rear.

Old 09-16-2016, 04:13 PM
jcanrun
Tourer

I guess I should have mentioned that my goal with moving the front turn signals was so I can install the Great Bike Gear handguards. I talked to GBG and they said the guards will hit the signals if in the stock location.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by jcanrun
Looks good. However, I was hoping to avoid having to depin any connectors. I did not have an enjoyable time doing that when I relocated my rear turn signals when installing the Great Bike Gear license plate/turn signal relocation kit. I guess it will probably go smoother for me since I made all of them mistakes doing the rear.
You may be able to pull the connectors through, but it will be much easier if you depin them. It's really easy, there are a few YouTube videos showing how. I've done it a dozen times. Just take a photo of each so you have a reference when you put them back together. A jewelers screwdriver or a paper clip filed down works. The more rigid screwdriver works better however.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:59 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,208 Likes on 3,381 Posts

The SnapOn terminal tool with the needle works best. You can use just a oversized rigid needle.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Decided to install an old style cafe racer fairing today. I didn't want to change anything else as I like the bars and such. Anyway here is the result:

Maybe I'll add a Lucky Daves or Corbin seat at some point.

Last edited by Yukon42; 09-17-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:16 PM
SASK_RT
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I know I've seen at least one person that changed the bars to something other than extensions, T-bars or taller risers or...but I can't seem to find any pics.

Edit: Found one Pic (courtesy of 1949chopper)...Any others out there?

So...I'd like to see any pics of the fxdls with something like the Todd's strip bars on my FXDB or any other ~12" ape hanger

Also, who has removed the fairing and decided to leave it that way (pics also appreciated )?

Last edited by SASK_RT; 09-19-2016 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Added Pic
Old 09-19-2016, 02:10 PM
jcanrun
Tourer

[QUOTE=Yukon42;15521230]Decided to install an old style cafe racer fairing today. I didn't want to change anything else as I like the bars and such. Anyway here is the result:

LOOKS GOOD. Ok, here are the expected questions. What brand fairing is that? How did you mount it? Where did you buy it?

Old 09-20-2016, 12:51 AM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pre of 96.96 and 119.81 was with Thunderheader newly installed. The post-tune is 101.83 and 126.69. The engine seems to run smoother, and is loud AF! Nice improvement, yeah?

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S