Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 01:51 PM
jcanrun
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonk
Just got my new Ohlins installed and went for a short ride (+/- 100 miles).

Of course the shocks were amazing. This is the first time I've had the piggyback shock and even though I didn't get a chance to make any adjustments they rode fantastic. Covered some of my favorite roads and it just felt planted. These roads include some pretty nasty and bumpy sections but the shocks just gobbled it all up and the front end didn't do too bad either. For those that know the Hollister area I did Cienega Road to Santa Rita with nice chunk of Hwy 25 thrown in - some of the best riding around. Still, now I can't wait to get to the front end.

Not much more I want to do to the bike other than upgrade the fork internals and maybe change out the stock exhaust to a Night stick or something similar since the shock mount now hit the stock muffler on full extension.

Overall fantastic bike.

Chonk
Hey Chonk, what seat is that? Looks nice.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:33 PM
blackfriar
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey Chonk, the bike looks great! I like the yellow accents. What grips and levers did you install?

Old 06-28-2016, 09:10 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonk

Chonk
Good looking bike

Old 06-28-2016, 09:42 PM
horsepower
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,planning to get the 5-3/4 inch Daymaker Projector LED Headlamp. Part#67700145A. Is this the correct one for the Low rider S? Is this just plug n play? Do i need any other parts? Coz under the website for this item it says you will also need: headlamp vibration damper and LED headlamp Housing kit. Are these needed? Can I use the stock housing?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepower
Guys,planning to get the 5-3/4 inch Daymaker Projector LED Headlamp. Part#67700145A. Is this the correct one for the Low rider S? Is this just plug n play? Do i need any other parts? Coz under the website for this item it says you will also need: headlamp vibration damper and LED headlamp Housing kit. Are these needed? Can I use the stock housing?
Daymaker is a bit heavier then the reg bulb, so the LED housing (about $60) comes with a little rubber insert. I didn't use it on the S... Not saying that's the right thing to do, but I wasn't aware that the damper was available separately. I may get one now. But it fits the stock bucket without it. The LED housing may be shaped differently to accommodate it, so I'm not 100% sure how it fits with the stock bucket.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Chonk
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

jcanrun;15278746]Hey Chonk, what seat is that?

Seat is a custom Corbin. You'll have to go in for a ride in appointment to get one though. It is actually very comfortable since the guy who made it took a Hollywood Solo seat and added about 1" width and a little more thickness in foam to make it more comfortable. I think he did a really good job of keeping the stovk seat shape and it is pretty close to the same size overall.2 1/2 hours straight on it yesterday and it was never a problem. Also, only $333 is a steal.

blackfriar: What grips and levers did you install?

Grips are the basic touring model heated grips. I convinced the dealer that they should work on our bike since the touring bikes are also throttle by wire. They worked fine but a real bugger to get the wires in the handlebars... Yes, I will tour on this bike so wanted to have warm hands on cold mornings.

The levers are the adjustable Roland Sands Designs regulator levers in the Black Ops color. Great because they are adjustable and have a nice bend to them.

Chonk

The following users liked this post:
Tracerbok (07-21-2017)
Old 07-04-2016, 11:29 PM
jcanrun
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Chonk, thanks for the info on the seat. I live in Sacramento so only a few hours away to Corbin. Might have to make an appointment.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,163 Likes on 7,892 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511

Very nice. The full rear fender is such an improvement.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:54 AM
DMonty
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally got some upgrades done: 10" West Coast T-Bars, GPR Stabilizer, Magnum Shielding Cables, Avon Grips, and new turn signals (that you can barely see). Also put the Bung King Highway Peg/Crash Bar on it. Still waiting on my exhaust to come in.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:23 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,209 Likes on 3,381 Posts

That BungKing bar is growing on me

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S