Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:45 AM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
You have single front disk. FXDLS is dual. Won't work.
Actually it would. The FXDB hub is tapped for duals.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:53 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

You have single front disk. FXDLS is dual. Won't work.
It will work for him...That's really what he's concerned about

Old 05-28-2016, 01:49 PM
WH1_T-type
Road Captain
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanium
Got a photo with the exhaust finally.

I like that. Do you have a link? Is it loud? I'm really liking how quiet the S is stock

Old 05-28-2016, 03:26 PM
stupac_
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure it's not the low voltage error? I find the clutch grabs sometimes and the starter draws a lot which will cause that. I've learned to flip to neutral when starting - since doing that no more errors.
Originally Posted by ktp1598
I got it the other day. I pushed the start switch after filling up with gas but let off too soon before it could start. I just waited a few seconds and it started fine. The starter is labored more during a hot start so I would think we'll all see that error every now and then. Doesn't bother me unless I get stranded.
Cheers Guys, went by the dealer - they said the error normally means that the speedo and ECU are out of sync... but couldn't explain why it wouldn't start.. or why it would even be out of sync. Just told me to keep an eye on it.

I cant remember if i was in Neutral or not, so if it happens again i'll make a note. Maybe i did let go of start button too soon, not sure. it was ok again after a minute. Just a bit concerned as travelling across Europe next week.. don't want to be stranded in another country.

I'm sure it's something to do with how hot it runs stock... that shitty EITMS had kicked in 10mins before.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:52 PM
blackfriar
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

My dealer checked with Cobra and their RPT 3 slip on mufflers will fit. I am having them installed after my 1000 mile service is done next week.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:45 PM
SlowriderInOz
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stupac_
Cheers Guys, went by the dealer - they said the error normally means that the speedo and ECU are out of sync... but couldn't explain why it wouldn't start.. or why it would even be out of sync. Just told me to keep an eye on it.

I cant remember if i was in Neutral or not, so if it happens again i'll make a note. Maybe i did let go of start button too soon, not sure. it was ok again after a minute. Just a bit concerned as travelling across Europe next week.. don't want to be stranded in another country.

I'm sure it's something to do with how hot it runs stock... that shitty EITMS had kicked in 10mins before.
you can turn the EITMS off. Ignition on, roll throttle past off and the cruise control light will begin to flash. Green=EITMS on. Amber = EITMS off. It will alternate between on and off as you roll the throttle back.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:14 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

I wonder if it's "vin" err or v in err - voltage insufficient? I'm just guessing...

Old 05-29-2016, 07:40 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by stupac_
750miles... got an error code. Trying to start bike when it's hot and getting "vinerror" any body had or seen this? Guess it's back to the dealer!!!
Do you have a tuner? I installed a Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT) on my old Fatbob and got a dynotune. It ran great but had the same issue and code you describe. The tech had turned off some sensor when doing the tune and never turned it back on. They turned it back on and the problem went away. I really wished I could remember what the actual name of it was.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:53 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,209 Likes on 3,381 Posts

Originally Posted by WH1_T-type
I like that. Do you have a link? Is it loud? I'm really liking how quiet the S is stock
It is very loud.

I got mine at Revzilla, it is the Bassani Road Rage Mega Power.

The following users liked this post:
WH1_T-type (06-02-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 10:54 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,209 Likes on 3,381 Posts

You sure it's not the low voltage error? I find the clutch grabs sometimes and the starter draws a lot which will cause that. I've learned to flip to neutral when starting - since doing that no more errors.
I do the same.

Quick Reply: New Low Rider S