Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway Pegs on 14 Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 01:04 PM
reelheavy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Highway Pegs on 14 Wide Glide

I recently had to drive my buddies Street Glide back from the shop for him and it was my first time riding a bike with highway pegs and man let me say that is something I can get use to. Just the relaxed feeling of having legs slightly elevated was what I felt comforting.

Has anyone ever put highway pegs on their dyna and what all did you have to do to your bike for the pegs? How does it look? Etc.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:17 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

The only ones I know of are either on a moustache bar or engine guard since you have forwards. If you had mid controls there is quite a few options.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:29 PM
reelheavy
Cruiser

I was thinking about trying to avoid the engine guard and find some that attach to the Down Tubes. something like these: https://www.denniskirk.com/rivco/adj...prd/497409.sku

By chance does anyone know the Down tube size of a 2014 Wide Glide?? 1.5"?

Old 12-18-2015, 04:24 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by reelheavy
I was thinking about trying to avoid the engine guard and find some that attach to the Down Tubes. something like these: https://www.denniskirk.com/rivco/adj...prd/497409.sku

I've never seen those. Thanks for sharing them! I never wanted to go with the engine guard or moustache bar personally. Just figured they didn't go with the flow of my bike. These look like they would fit the bill if they come in the correct size. Everything I find says 1.5" for Dyna's pretty much after '06. If you have an adjustable wrench put it just on the frame (no need to tighten it way down), then measure the spread. I've got an '11 Street Bob so I am not much help for yours.
The part you have listed says for 1.25" if I read it correctly. Did you see if they make it for 1.5"?

Old 12-18-2015, 04:31 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

http://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-mot...n/dyna-fx.html

It looks like there is some here in 1.5"

Old 12-18-2015, 04:31 PM
reelheavy
Cruiser

I searched high and low for a pair of frame mounts that are for 1.5". No luck but I was think if I could swap the 1.25 clamps out with 1.5 clamps and see if that would still work. What do you think?

Old 12-18-2015, 08:43 PM
Sleepintiger
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2013 WG has 1.5" downtubes. Didn't want crash bars, so I used the Rivco highway bars with 2" extensions. I just love the way it changes the look of the bike.

From the front

Old 12-18-2015, 08:49 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

I searched high and low for a pair of frame mounts that are for 1.5". No luck but I was think if I could swap the 1.25 clamps out with 1.5 clamps and see if that would still work. What do you think?
I don't see why not.
I found a few on Amazon and eBay. Just searched for "1.5" frame mounted highway pegs". And found some under "1.5" downtube highway pegs".
Some of them on Amazon were pretty inexpensive and they had a few in black.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:19 PM
reelheavy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sleepintiger
From the front

BADASS!! Yes that is exactly the look I am looking for. I was kind of skeptical about how it would look at first but I am completly sold on them now. I have to order them.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Sleepintiger
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. Be sure to get at least the 2" extensions to move your feet outwards. It does make a difference by keeping your knee off of the air cover.

Quick Reply: Highway Pegs on 14 Wide Glide