Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ohlins front fork cartridges

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 05:16 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

From what I've seen, the guys going 2 over up front have also gone 2 over on the rear shocks (generally between 13 & 14"). Logically, the rake and trail will stay the same as stock, but then increases your ride height, giving you better lean angle.

Going 2 over only up front will change the geometry of the entire ride.

I went to 13 on the rear only, and my steering become a little more "snappy" and fast.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:58 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,312 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
I went to 13 on the rear only, and my steering become a little more "snappy" and fast.
"I went to 13 on the rear only," = Less Rake and Less Trail = "and my steering become a little more "snappy" and fast."

Old 06-15-2016, 09:35 PM
jeffrob07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
From what I've seen, the guys going 2 over up front have also gone 2 over on the rear shocks (generally between 13 & 14"). Logically, the rake and trail will stay the same as stock, but then increases your ride height, giving you better lean angle.

Going 2 over only up front will change the geometry of the entire ride.

I went 13.5 on the rear, I have dyna defender shocks on the rear. So that's why I was wondering about the 2" over up front with the ohlins cartridge.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Kraken
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffrob07
I went 13.5 on the rear, I have dyna defender shocks on the rear. So that's why I was wondering about the 2" over up front with the ohlins cartridge.
I went with wide glide tubes with Andreani cartridges. I kinda miss the "snappy" steering of stock length tubes with 13.5" rears but I've only scraped a peg a few times in the last couple months since the change and I was probably doing something stupid. The FXDWG tubes are ~2.4" over stock for 49mm and are ~$120 apiece. If you're already spending over $1k with cartridges, fork oil, seals, etc it could be worth it but I definitely wouldn't consider it without at least 13.5" rear shocks.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:25 PM
jeffrob07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kraken
I went with wide glide tubes with Andreani cartridges. I kinda miss the "snappy" steering of stock length tubes with 13.5" rears but I've only scraped a peg a few times in the last couple months since the change and I was probably doing something stupid. The FXDWG tubes are ~2.4" over stock for 49mm and are ~$120 apiece. If you're already spending over $1k with cartridges, fork oil, seals, etc it could be worth it but I definitely wouldn't consider it without at least 13.5" rear shocks.
Thanks for the info kraken

Old 06-30-2016, 04:54 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Any update on the Ohlins? One further question I had related to the color of the cap on the top of the tube. The pictures I saw were black. My OEM H-D cap is chrome and the rest of the front end is polished metal or chrome. I am wondering if one, they will offer the drop-in cartridges for non-wide glide Dyna models, and two, whether they will offer a polished metal cap.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:34 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by harley_jeff
Any update on the Ohlins? One further question I had related to the color of the cap on the top of the tube. The pictures I saw were black. My OEM H-D cap is chrome and the rest of the front end is polished metal or chrome. I am wondering if one, they will offer the drop-in cartridges for non-wide glide Dyna models, and two, whether they will offer a polished metal cap.
Ohlins is generally function over form, I doubt they will offer a polished cap. But we wont know until they release...

Old 07-27-2016, 09:08 AM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Any update?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Chonk
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by harley_jeff
Any update?
Ditto, chomping on bit.

Chonk

Old 07-27-2016, 03:48 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,735 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Are these the same cartridges that you're referring to?

Quick Reply: Ohlins front fork cartridges