Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAF exhaust on a 14' Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 03:28 PM
jamesw1301
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LAF exhaust on a 14' Street Bob?

Has anyone either put LAF exhaust on a EFI street bob, or knows someone who has done this?

I would like to know if it is possible to do. And if so, can these short pipes cause harm to the motor?

Old 12-10-2015, 11:54 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 770 Posts

Can't answer the question if it's possible or not, if nobody here chimes in on that just contact the supplier.
Probably won't hurt the motor but may be tough to get a good tune and you'll most likely lose a bunch of bottom end power.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:02 PM
nottaway
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need a tuner with auto tuning capability, there are several.

The short drag pipes alter the fuel ratio drastically.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:07 PM
WolcottSB
Intermediate

i was interested in LAF pipes on my street bob, but you can't have mids with that pipe, unfortunately that made my decision easy

Old 12-12-2015, 01:29 AM
Kwest88
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them on my 13' steetbob. Wolcott is correct they will not work with mid controls. A good tune is a good idea with these pipes. i had just a fuelpak2 at first but recently tossed that and went with a power vision. after a few auto tune sessions its running great. im also running torque cones with these pipes. not sure if they help or not but i dont think it hurts having them either.

Last edited by Kwest88; 12-12-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:32 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Nice scoot but your back drop pic is a fail. Funny though.

Old 12-12-2015, 08:02 AM
nottaway
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kwest88
I have them on my 13' steetbob. Wolcott is correct they will not work with mid controls. A good tune is a good idea with these pipes. i had just a fuelpak2 at first but recently tossed that and went with a power vision. after a few auto tune sessions its running great. im also running torque cones with these pipes. not sure if they help or not but i dont think it hurts having them either.
Nice bike, can you access the oil fill without removing pipe?

Old 12-13-2015, 01:30 PM
jamesw1301
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwest88
I love the look of these pipe! Where did you find your pipes and cones? Also, do these pipes have slots that fit your 02 senors, or did you need some kind of adapter?

Also, just curious. Do these pipes tighten up the decel sound of the bike? My current big radius pipes with a HD super tuner made my decel pop a little better. But it still sound floppy and shitty. Wondering if these shorter pipes help with that?

Old 12-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Kwest88
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nottaway
Nice bike, can you access the oil fill without removing pipe?
Unfortunately no, but taking the pipe off is just a matter of seconds.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Kwest88
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jamesw1301
I love the look of these pipe! Where did you find your pipes and cones? Also, do these pipes have slots that fit your 02 senors, or did you need some kind of adapter?

Also, just curious. Do these pipes tighten up the decel sound of the bike? My current big radius pipes with a HD super tuner made my decel pop a little better. But it still sound floppy and shitty. Wondering if these shorter pipes help with that?
I bought the pipes off eBay. I think I got the cones from Dennis Kirk. I had to get 18mm to 12mm o2 adapters for them to work. Not sure what you mean by tighten up the decel. Mine was poppy with the old tuner but it's significantly better with the PV.

Quick Reply: LAF exhaust on a 14' Street Bob?