Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 Download questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:57 PM
xbox
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stage 1 Download questions

So I just found out from another thread that you can
just get harley to Download to your computer a stage 1,
assuming SE slipon's and SE air....

Questions:

1) Confirming this is just a download and no other hardware needed
such as PCIII...
2) Will Harley do it if I have Rush Slipon's ?
Or should I do that with Rush slipons ?
3) Would other bike shops do this download, or is a Harley dealer
ONLY thing ?

4)Can I just get a K&N filter, or would harley only want to if
I got the SE air ?
5) and Is the SE air the Same as the K&N ?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:06 AM
jt1965
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stage 1 Download questions

The HD Stage 1 download is designed for the HD Stage 1 different parts than what you have. Some people have had it done with no issues at all and their bike runs great. The problem with the download is it is made for a set bike running set equipment and as we all know no two Harleys are alike. Two bikes running eactly the same equipment can run very different from each other. This is the reason many here forego the download and get some other form of tunable fuel management.

To answer your question will they do it Probably they want your money. I think there are some shops that could do it but pretty much Harley if you go with the download. I believe the download runs about 149.00.

I actually had a dealer try to sell me pipes the download and a DFO. I politely excused myself and have not been back to that dealer.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Georgia Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my Dyna a year ago I had the SE Air Cleaner and SE II mufflers installed. My dealer did not recommend the regular stage 1 download--said they had problems with bikes running too lean with it. They installed the 95 inch download and the bike ran great. Had the bike built with 95 inch SE pistons and Andrews cams since then, and the bike is still not running lean.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason most people dothe download, Which is 45.00 not 149.00 is If ya dont,,, and have a problem, It affects your warrenty. The SERT is the way to go, but most people want the sound for a while, while saveing or researching for some other Pipes after break in. Installing the stage 1 pipes, and air filter, and not the download is just saveing 45.00 or 1/2 hr labor, what ever you dealer charges. But keeps you on target with your warrenty.. Pretty cheap Insurance. Never leave a door open for more reasons for discussions about Warrenty Issues. My wife just bought a New FXDBI and did the screaming Eagle II's (non street leagle, I already had from another bike) and filter Kit. I did the Stage 1 download 45.00 maybe helped maybe not but as far as harley is concernedIt did.