Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tank lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:27 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: tank lift

HOGRIDA_06 Date 5/7/2007 9:01:49 AM 4,500 hard miles since I installed mine and have had no problems caused by vibration. Tank is very ridged, not much side to side force on the tabs.
I agree Hogrida, Jackyls lift is "over-engineered" so to speak but he does make a quality product. I have found it only takes 2 pieces of 1/8" steel to support the front of the tank, not like it weighs a hundred pounds.

I let Jackyl have his turn to make some cash and help people out because I was catching crap from the moderators about too many people making threads regarding the lifts. I guess some people were just tired of hearing about the them. I was also contacted from the patent holder (who I found to be a great person) about infringement on his idea I managed to talk him out of coming after me because my lifts were different.

Hey Jackyl, I am looking forward to meeting you when you make your way across the pond. I have been looking at maps and planning a road trip if you are up for it when you get over here, or maybe just kick back and down a couple?

Old 05-08-2007, 06:12 AM
vincent21212
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i purchase such a fine product? I NEED a tank lift kit for my 07 WG

Old 05-08-2007, 07:27 AM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

here is the link to my t-bone tanklift kits

DYNA TANK LIFT KITS 99-07 >> https://www.hdforums.com/m_1147153/m...tm.htm#1147153

Old 05-08-2007, 07:30 AM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: RudeDog

Hey Jackyl, I am looking forward to meeting you when you make your way across the pond. I have been looking at maps and planning a road trip if you are up for it when you get over here, or maybe just kick back and down a couple?
SOUNDS GREAT

Old 05-08-2007, 04:17 PM
jharp
Tourer

My son (stingray)got this lift for me from Rudedog along with the one for his Sportster.

Jim

Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
RJ98274
Stage III

Hello Jackyl, I am intyerested in one of your tank lift kits . I have a 1998 wide gluide and think it would look great. Please e-mail with info .Thanks Randy
Randyjager@aol.com

Old 05-08-2007, 08:25 PM
streetbobber
Tourer

Very nice! I will mount it in a few days on my streetbob

Old 05-10-2007, 04:23 AM
stingray
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: RudeDog

I agree Hogrida, Jackyls lift is "over-engineered" so to speak but he does make a quality product. I have found it only takes 2 pieces of 1/8" steel to support the front of the tank, not like it weighs a hundred pounds.

I let Jackyl have his turn to make some cash and help people out because I was catching crap from the moderators about too many people making threads regarding the lifts. I guess some people were just tired of hearing about the them. I was also contacted from the patent holder (who I found to be a great person) about infringement on his idea I managed to talk him out of coming after me because my lifts were different.

RudeDog,
I just wanted to thank you again for the lifts, and helping me out with making some for my Sporty.

I'm not looking to start anything but, I though America was the land of opportunity. With a market based on competition, along with supply and demand. I don't see why you can not make your lifts and sell them too. I understand an exact copy or very similar copy of someone's patented design is not good.

If you look at the world of exhaust, or almost any other motorcycle part, there are dozens of companies making (and competing) with very similar products. Oh well, just my thoughts on the matters. I do not know the full details on the matter, so it's just my $.02 worth.

Thanks again for all your help on fabing up the mounts for the Sportster.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
cafish
Intermediate

came

Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 PM
cafish
Intermediate

messed up but anyway got kit from jackyl and had no problems